Lawnchair Bes
Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Why don't you read the label?
    now thats a nice philosophy

and mine since you asked as the creator of the thread is

simpson related :cheesy:

why try when you gonna fail and there is always somebody better than you. :cheesy:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I shan't bother having a philosophy on the whole world, since the only thing I can directly influence is my own life, so I do the best I can. I know this is probably gonna induce a lot of :rolleyes: and :wallbang:, but this is honestly what I try to live by:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" - Luke 10:27

"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. - Matthew 6:31,33

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Okay here's a non-biblical one I like, from our very own Emerson :D

"Success: To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!"

This isn't exactly my definition of success, but I like the principles stated therein

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    my philosophy is life is short so use it in doing as much good deeds as you can,in order to reach heaven in the afterlife.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    Anything I tell you is only my own experience.. what works for one isn't always what will work for others..

If you want to be a happy person, then you have to accept lots of different scenarios that you may not agree with, but, it'll keep you going..

EMMY

Jul 2, 2004
    It’s not philosophy but I believe its

YOU ARE WHAI YOU DO

and

I AM WHAT I DO

So, good thinking - good doing make you happy and success.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    I have alots of philosophy:-

"I'd rather be hated for who I am then loved for who I pretend to be" - Janice Joplin

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."(James Dean)

"People = Shit"(Slipknot)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Come on Martin, follow along. Do yourself a favor and watch the movie Forest Gump. :D

Anyway, the label usually reads "Assorted Assortments" or something like that, so it leaves something to be desired. :undecide:
    Actually, that's a Paul Rodriguez bit. He did good things with Forrest Gump.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by EMMY ] ++
    It’s not philosophy but I believe its

YOU ARE WHAI YOU DO

and

I AM WHAT I DO

So, good thinking - good doing make you happy and success.
    Do you really think so though? I mean, these days good deeds are hardly the best way to reach success as this world knows it

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Just look at the world. Life is a biatch.
    Depends on who you are, and on your perspective. I actually thought a bit about this on my recent trip to China, seing extremely poor Sichuan farmers live their daily life. I'm sure you realize that I'm gonna throw out some old-ass "what about the poor" clicheès, but that's because they make sense. A scary large percentage of the world are extremely poor, and can't afford to have the life's a ***** attitude, as they probably wouldn't manage to keep going. I'm a pessimistic person, I just can't help it, so I try to stay positive and extract joy from what I can. I don't see what being as pessimistic as possible will do good. When you think about it I'm sure you have it pretty good. :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I do actually, I explained it in another post. I havent had it great like some people, but it hasnt been all that bad.

I ment in general, life is a *****.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Come on Martin, follow along. Do yourself a favor and watch the movie Forest Gump. :D

Anyway, the label usually reads "Assorted Assortments" or something like that, so it leaves something to be desired. :undecide:
    You always get alittle peice of paper inside that shows the pictures of each and gives each a name, and then a little discription about it. ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    You always get alittle peice of paper inside that shows the pictures of each and gives each a name, and then a little discription about it. ;)
    See that's the thing, you don't know what you've got until you get it, and then since you know afterwards what's coming your way, it gives you some kind of false sense of security that you know in advance what life's gonna give you, when in reality, said information is only revealed once you've 'opened the box'

:)

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

See that's the thing, you don't know what you've got until you get it, and then since you know afterwards what's coming your way, it gives you some kind of false sense of security that you know in advance what life's gonna give you, when in reality, said information is only revealed once you've 'opened the box'

:)
    I guess. But really have YOU ever opened a box of chocolates and now known what they are ? Its silly but then again all such expressions are. Im just tired, bored and frustrated right now :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)