What if... Cassano had gone to Barcelona instead? (2 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
ok..if you say that last season cassano was better than del piero...millito was the best in serie a. It ain't right man...compairing two strikers who play at different levels..cassano stayed home recording del piero's goal with zenit...stayed home amazed when del piero humiliated iker...stayed home when he had the choice to go to a real wc club.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He was actually preparing himself to face Cagliari while Del Piero was getting a standing ovation in Spain after getting one in Old trafford in the pre-season matche.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
ok..if you say that last season cassano was better than del piero...millito was the best in serie a. It ain't right man...compairing two strikers who play at different levels..cassano stayed home recording del piero's goal with zenit...stayed home amazed when del piero humiliated iker...stayed home when he had the choice to go to a real wc club.
Like I said, its clear to me, you either did not watch Cassano or clear hatred blinds you. I would take Cassano here anyday of the week.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
He was actually preparing himself to face Cagliari while Del Piero was getting a standing ovation in Spain after getting one in Old trafford in the pre-season matche.
Myself included in that also. Was at that game. He owned Rio and Vidic numerous times.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Del Piero got only outstanding fantastic goals last year in CL. No other random normal goal but fantastic ones only, starting from CL qualification ending up having Real fans bowing down for him. He outplayed Milan, Inter, Roma, he won several matches all by himself.

While Antonio Cassano was ripping Bologna, Chievo, Reggina, Catania apart? C'mon
Just to get us on the same page.

I am talking about last season, to be precise the 2008-2009 season. Cassano was superior to DP in the Serie A in that season. Actually the only attacker who was probably better than him was Zlatan.

Also i distinctly remember DP being virtually invisble in both Inter games. I remember the Milan game at the San Siro at the end of last season, i don't think DP played in that one. You can refresh my memory about the first leg in Turin, and about the Roma games, i cannot remember those to be honest. He was however majestic against Real in both legs.

Again, so that we are on the same page. I am not comparing both players abilities nor am i comparing their achievments. But i think the Cassano of 2008 and 2009 is superior to the DP of the same time period.

i was talking about his period at the biggest club he played...real madrid. All that i am trying to say is that he is more suited for a good team in which he's the only star..and the team will play only for him, not a world class (top 16 team)...his behave, his stats, his moments of sparkle clearly speak about my opinion.
His attitude ruined it for him in Real. Not his lack of ability.

May 22, 2007
Do I need to comment on this? Seriously what's wrong with some of you? Del Piero always stepping up in important big matches, Real Madrid, Milan, Inter, Roma, CL other matches....Cassano's record against Juve, Inter and Milan with Sampdoria, can anyone tell me please...

Antonio Cassano will never get to Del Piero's left foot nails let alone other things. Some of you are just incredible.

Sampdoria 1-1 Inter Cassano scored
Sampdoria 3-3 Juventus Cassano scored
Sampdoria 2-1 Milan Cassano scored
Sampdoria 3-0 Inter Cassano scored

Sampdoria 2-1 Milan Cassano assisted Pazzini
Sampdoria 3-3 Juventus Cassano assisted Montella

From a youtube search.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Sampdoria 1-1 Inter Cassano scored
Sampdoria 3-3 Juventus Cassano scored
Sampdoria 2-1 Milan Cassano scored
Sampdoria 3-0 Inter Cassano scored

Sampdoria 2-1 Milan Cassano assisted Pazzini
Sampdoria 3-3 Juventus Cassano assisted Montella

From a youtube search.
Not to shabby.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why does a Cassano discussion always lead to a comparison with Del Piero?

Cassano will never achieve what Del Piero did. But there is a good chance that most of the strikers we'll buy in the near or distant future, or all of them, will never achieve what Del Piero did and will never be as great for Juve as Del Piero was/is.

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't buy new attackers.

For Your info guys, Cassano is not a big game choker. He scored many goals in his career against Juve, Inter and Milan (I remember him destroying us when we lost 4:0 in Rome. I remember he was 16-17 when he scored against Inter for Bari. I remember him destroying Inter last year when Sampdoria won 3:0, I remember his great assist last year in Turin against us). He was scoring in CL for Roma, scoring for Italy at EC etc.
Failing with Real doesn't mean he'll fail in Juve.

And even if he's a big game choker, which he isn't, and if he destroys only Bologna and the likes.....well, don't you think we can use such guy who destroys the smaller teams in serie A? Wins against these teams bring the scudetto and not beating these teams is what takes the scudetto away.

The question isn't if he's better than Del Piero. He isn't. The question is if he's good enough to play for Juve. I know he is. He surely has the quality.
Is he the guy we need? That I leave to the board to decide.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Why does a Cassano discussion always lead to a comparison with Del Piero?

Cassano will never achieve what Del Piero did. But there is a good chance that most of the strikers we'll buy in the near or distant future, or all of them, will never achieve what Del Piero did and will never be as great for Juve as Del Piero was/is.

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't buy new attackers.

For Your info guys, Cassano is not a big game choker. He scored many goals in his career against Juve, Inter and Milan (I remember him destroying us when we lost 4:0 in Rome. I remember he was 16-17 when he scored against Inter for Bari. I remember him destroying Inter last year when Sampdoria won 3:0, I remember his great assist last year in Turin against us). He was scoring in CL for Roma, scoring for Italy at EC etc.
Failing with Real doesn't mean he'll fail in Juve.

And even if he's a big game choker, which he isn't, and if he destroys only Bologna and the likes.....well, don't you think we can use such guy who destroys the smaller teams in serie A? Wins against these teams bring the scudetto and not beating these teams is what takes the scudetto away.

The question isn't if he's better than Del Piero. He isn't. The question is if he's good enough to play for Juve. I know he is. He surely has the quality.
Is he the guy we need? That I leave to the board to decide.
Question for you Alen, Do you think he would be the ideal Del Piero replacement? skill wise and style of play not temepremant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)