What if... Cassano had gone to Barcelona instead? (2 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Eℓvin;2198755 said:
Yea, ask Milan fans if they agree with you *cough* Ronaldinho *cough*
i'm not agreeing with you here...as elvin said..why not go for the brazilians then? heck, ronnie is more talented that all the midfielders in serie a.
the last thing Meelan needed was to add another flair player up top...Juventus, on the other hand, have a balanced squad but will need to replace DP in a year or two's time...and there is no-one better than Antonio Cassano to do that

Buy on AliExpress.com

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
why splash 20 mils when we can invest time in a talented little player that we have now?..he won't be a ss but diego ain't nedved ..feel me?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Last year Del Piero scored 21 goals and assisted 11. That's 32 goals he scored or directly created.
That is a lot. Even if some say that Cassano had a better season than Ale, which is open for discussion, i'm pretty sure that he didn't do enough well to replace Del Piero.
As many noticed, Del Piero and Cassano can not co-exist in the same team.

But even if we take into consideration the painful fact that Del Piero is getting older and soon he won't be able to score and assist that much, and that we'll have to look for a replacement, it still doesn't mean that we'll have to look for a direct replacement.

By buying Diego we already partly replaced Del Piero because now Ale isn't the guy who'll be forced to get the ball in midfield and try to create something. Then we have Giovinco. This season will give us all the answers about Giovinco.
If Seba keeps playing well when he plays together with Diego, then we'll almost fully replace Del Piero and we'll obviously have to play a 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 and in such tactics Cassano will take Giovinco's place because both play on the left.
Again no need for Cassano.

Cassano will be needed only if both Del Piero and Giovinco can't produce the goods anymore.
Bah, even then I don't know if he can co-exist with Diego because both are pure playmakers and both want to make that final pass. Both like the game to spin around them.

As much as i love to have him in Juve, i'm far from sure that it will work.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Ale and Diego will definitely work, I am 100% convinced...Ale struggles to be a threat when he has to bring the ball forward right from the halfway line...with Diego being the man receiving the ball in those areas, it will allow Ale to operate more around the opposition's goal area where he is at his most dangerous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)