What Car Do You Drive? (33 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Thanks man. It feels more powerful than the quoted 355 whp that BMW claims. But the sound is really something special.

Which cars do you like the most at the moment- you seem like an expert on German cars.
BMW is known for underrating their engine outputs. Enjoy man, im jealous. An exhaust is probably the best upgrade you can make.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Thanks man. It feels more powerful than the quoted 355 whp that BMW claims. But the sound is really something special.

Which cars do you like the most at the moment- you seem like an expert on German cars.
Not an expert by any stretch of imagination. Just an arm chair enthusiast. Would love a Porsche Cayman R or the upcoming BMW M2 CS.
Unfortunately, dumb government mandates have led to electric steering wheels across almost all car companies. The best steering wheels were perhaps in the late nineties and up to 2010.

Jun 16, 2020
So probably the final decision regarding my next car, it’s will either become a Nissan Qashqai or a Kia Sportage.

Really doubted to go for a EV (MG ZS), went to the dealer and everything but being able to drive 260km is such a turn off. The car is great though, but I want to be able to drive to Italy without stopping at least 5 times.

Anyone experiences with the Sportage or Qashqai ~2015 models?

6 months ago I was thinking about a BMW X1 but honestly I had so many problems with my current BMW that I’d be stupid to buy another one, while the Jeep Compass which I like aswel is just way more expensive compared to the Nissan or Kia.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
first generation qashqai was a meh car, as confirmed by this review:

my buddy's mum has one with low mileage and a 1.6 petrol, pretty well kept, good service history, still a car that feels like it's falling apart. from chassis to gearbox to interior, it's low quality. not sure about the 2nd generation. i'd be surprised if renault stepped up their game though.

kia is okay. a buddy has the latest sportage, 1.6 base model, still pretty quick and reliable. he's had a few ceed's before that, besides minor issues like central lock actuators in the rear doors those were reliable.

i'd pick a crv over both. my stepdad had two. the 1.6 diesel had some dpf issues when driven only within the city for months, the 2.0 petrol automatic is perfect. great car. same with the rav4 hybrid an other friend has, although that gearbox is not for everyone.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Crv?

Ah Honda I get it. I didn’t know the car tbh, I’ll read into it tonight.
yeah that one

i joined the hungarian crv owners group on fb before we bought the petrol one for my stepdad and it's reassuring to see that there are only a very few recurring issues. they either post about replacing the crappy factory head units or dpf issues with the diesels. other than that, they look reliable. of course they aren't perfect, nothing is actually, but i think that these are easily among the safest picks for long term ownership.

used review from the same aussie channel:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So probably the final decision regarding my next car, it’s will either become a Nissan Qashqai or a Kia Sportage.

Really doubted to go for a EV (MG ZS), went to the dealer and everything but being able to drive 260km is such a turn off. The car is great though, but I want to be able to drive to Italy without stopping at least 5 times.

6 months ago I was thinking about a BMW X1 but honestly I had so many problems with my current BMW that I’d be stupid to buy another one, while the Jeep Compass which I like aswel is just way more expensive compared to the Nissan or Kia.
I think they're both really ugly very generic cars.

You're right about the X1. If you have lots of money, an X5 is a great luxury SUV. The X1 is not that. It is expensive and unreliable while offering very little in terms of comfort and luxury.

Have you looked into Skoda? My first car was a Skoda Fabia, a family member of mine has a Skoda Karos and a coworker used to drive a Kodiaq. All three cars were great. They're not exactly pretty and they're quite basic, but they have everything you need in whatever class you're looking at.

I drove the Fabia to Calabria from Belgium by the way and if I'm honest I felt just as safe in it as in my Stelvio last year (though the Stelvio was quite a bit more fun).

Oct 28, 2010
  • ALC

ALC

My dad has the 2015 rogue which is the American version of the qashqai.

it’s got a good awd system, looks nice, interior is pretty spacious.

does have some fit and finish issues. Paint started bubbling and chipping a long time ago and the headlights are very yellow. No issues with the drivetrain although he doesn’t drive it much.

I’d see if you can get your hands on a Mazda cx-5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 16)