s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
No port and restarted several times
easy workaround: go to the first computer shop and buy a usb ethernet adapter, something like this:

dub1312a1imagelside.png

it looks like the laptop forgot that it ever had a network card. the last time i saw something like this, i accidentally disabled it in the bios lol. some potential solutions:
- reset bios
- system restore within windows
- update drivers with some 3rd party program
- etc

what kind of laptop is it?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
easy workaround: go to the first computer shop and buy a usb ethernet adapter, something like this:

dub1312a1imagelside.png

it looks like the laptop forgot that it ever had a network card. the last time i saw something like this, i accidentally disabled it in the bios lol. some potential solutions:
- reset bios
- system restore within windows
- update drivers with some 3rd party program
- etc

what kind of laptop is it?
Thank you, that usb solution really is great and indeed it seems that somehow windows totally forgot the adapter. It’s a Acer notebook of maybe 4/5 years ago

Also I’ve learned that in the picture below there should be a WiFi adapter, it’s hidden on the picture. When I saw it I uninstalled, restarted computer and its totally gone now, while it should’ve reinstall it

I’ll order the usb cable, plug it in and manually install my router, hopefully it works

IMG_2276.jpeg

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
resetting your adapters should also work. if you type this problem into youtube there is videos showing u how to do it

i encountered same problem few times, usually after a update to windows

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Also I’ve learned that in the picture below there should be a WiFi adapter, it’s hidden on the picture. When I saw it I uninstalled, restarted computer and its totally gone now, while it should’ve reinstall it...
1699660126386.png

when you hit that button in device manager, you should see the hardware pop up in the list you posted

if it doesn't: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-10-network-adapter-missing/

you could also try some driver updater service like https://www.drivereasy.com/

i'd also try to reset the bios or at least check whether the integrated wifi is enabled or somehow got disabled

btw the exact type of device (besides being an acer laptop - but which one?!) could also be helpful. if there are some common issues with the same model, you should be able to find a solution too

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
is this post supposed to be a infohazard from the scp universe?

am i gonna start seeing the scarlet king in my dreams?
Dices has rolled a 9.
You walk nervously down the beach. It's dark but the moon is full. You can feel yourself leaving footprints in the sand. You see the waves but you don't hear them, you feel them. The weed on your left sway with the waves as if they are trying to protect the woods further down from the wind. You have cold sweat but carry on.
Dices has rolled 19.
You collect yourself and press on. Morale has increased, this will be easy. Finding game is in your blood and completing the game is your middle name. The last time you were here, you barbecued the SCARLET PRINCESS. She tasted foul but you were hungry and much smaller than now.
Dices has rolled 4.
The thought of her tiny feet in your mouth fouls your mouth. The stomach is repulsed. You loose your composure and puke. A seagull, midway through your puking, dives through it with open mouth to collect a breadcrumb and continues by ascending up into the air again. You follow it with your eyes, it's all yellow now. Reminding you of her. The seagull descends again and lands a stone throw away from you. Suddenly it transforms - INTO HER! Rushing towards her and wiping your mouth with the chewing gum paper from the chewing gum you simultaneously drop into your mouth you scream from the top of your lungs. Your blue penis is waving like a helicopter and she smiles.
Dice has rolled 6
A sword suddenly appears from her body. Her smiles slowly shifts into shock. From behind her the SCARLET KING grins towards you. Your blue penis keeps helicoptering and you keep screaming and running towards the now winking SCARLET KING. It is happening fast, and your heart has died. You embrace her and the sword cuts through your body and penis like butter. SCARLET KING leaves his sword and walks away.
- You ded -

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I like to creep around my home and act like a goblin

I don’t know why but I just enjoy doing this. Maybe it’s my way of dealing with stress or something but I just do it about once every week. Generally I’ll carry around a sack and creep around in a sort of crouch-walking position making goblin noises, then I’ll walk around my house and pick up various different “trinkets” and put them in my bag while saying stuff like “I’ll be having that” and laughing maniacally in my goblin voice (“trinkets” can include anything from shit I find on the ground to cutlery or other utensils). The other day I was talking with my neighbours and they mentioned hearing weird noises like what I wrote about and I was just internally screaming the entire conversation. I’m 99% sure they don’t know it’s me but god that 1% chance is seriously weighing on my mind.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
OK, it's before 7pm here, but I still ain't eating no copypasta.

>gf is prego

>we like to get kinky anyways

>one night things get particularly saucy

>i'm sticking my noodle in her when I notice weird fucking chunks coming out, so I turn on the lights

>wtf it's red everywhere and she's obviously not on her period

>i look up at her, she's got a glassy, jarred look on her face and she's not answering

>ohshitohshitohshitohshit

>i rush her into my car and speed all the way to the hospital

>she's still bleeding everywhere

>by the time we get there, she's not bleeding much anymore, but all the color has drained and she looks colorless and almost transparent

>oh shit, she looks like she's in a vegetative state

>storm into to the emergency room, cary her to the nearest doctor and explain eveything

>he takes one look at ther and says

>"sir, i'm sorry, there's nothing we can do"

>"WHY THE FUCK NOT???"

>"we don't operate on empty jars of spaghetti sauce"

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I Sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter

WEE WOO WEE WOO

ALERT! COMEDY GOD HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING! GET TO COVER!

steps on stage

Bystander: "Oh god! Don't do it! I have a family!"

Comedy God: "Heh..."

adjusts fedora

the building is filled with fear and anticipation

God and Jesus himself looks on in suspense

comedy god clears throat

everything is completely quiet not a single sound is heard

world leaders look and wait with dread

everything in the world stops

nothing is happening

comedy god smirks

no one is prepared for what is going to happen

comedy god musters all of this power

he bellows out to the world

"ATTACK"

absolute suspense

everyone is filled with overwhelming dread

"HELICOPTER"

all at once, absolute pandemonium commences

all nuclear powers launch their nukes at once

giant brawls start

43 wars are declared simultaneously

a shockwave travels around the earth

earth is driven into chaos

humanity is regressed back to the stone age

the pure funny of that joke destroyed civilization itself

all the while people are laughing harder than they ever did

people who aren't killed die from laughter

literally the funniest joke in the world

then the comedy god himself posts his creation to reddit and gets karma

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 767)