Jun 16, 2020
I put my son on football basically the day he got 3 years old. I’ve been passing the ball to him since the day he learned how to walk. In the first months training each Saturday was a bit messy, he didn’t understand the principles of waiting for instructions and doing certain exercises, so he just started running around like a headless chicken.

Now 9 months later its so fun to see how much he improved. At training since a few months he understands what he has to do, coordination also massively improved. His aim (while passing) got much better aswel, although for shooting obviously it’s early days, doesn’t have the power yet to make a decent shot, let alone aim it. I try to stimulate it a bit more with brining a ball with me whenever I’m able to take him from kindergarten or if we go outside together.

Mid-term goal is definitely getting a coaching license and becoming a trainer at a local club (with him obviously in my team). Its quite common here, at least from my reference point I always had trainers and their sons were always part of the team. Really fun reliving my old memories with my son, I’ve been passionate about football ever since I can remember, to time transmit that addiction to him. The only difference is that I got in touch with football when I was 7 or so. Any other fathers here who practice sports a lot with their children?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not here. Vancouver is known as the rainy city for a reason. Winter’s are wet. Thankfully you have endless mountains surrounding and ski hills literally in the city to escape the rain and play in the snow.
My uncle lives in Vancouver and does complain about the rain. Which is surprising enough coming from a Belgian.

But even then the immediate surroundings just cry out to go hiking. And the mountains are very near.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I always thought those old European cities and towns looked beautiful in the winter, at least from pictures :boh:
They do, but cities are mostly interesting because there is stuff to do. You want to go to a bar or enjoy a nice meal.

Wandering through a mostly abandoned city in drizzling rain is just depressing.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I put my son on football basically the day he got 3 years old. I’ve been passing the ball to him since the day he learned how to walk. In the first months training each Saturday was a bit messy, he didn’t understand the principles of waiting for instructions and doing certain exercises, so he just started running around like a headless chicken.

Now 9 months later its so fun to see how much he improved. At training since a few months he understands what he has to do, coordination also massively improved. His aim (while passing) got much better aswel, although for shooting obviously it’s early days, doesn’t have the power yet to make a decent shot, let alone aim it. I try to stimulate it a bit more with brining a ball with me whenever I’m able to take him from kindergarten or if we go outside together.
I hope he'll make it and joins Juve one fine day, so we can all shit on him together.

:p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My uncle lives in Vancouver and does complain about the rain. Which is surprising enough coming from a Belgian.

But even then the immediate surroundings just cry out to go hiking. And the mountains are very near.

Yeah. I mean, you can catch regularly city transit to 3 different ski hills with about 350-600 metres vertical drop. It’s pretty convenient. And pretty amazing hiking around all of them. And climbing too. And then Squamish and Whistler are just a short drive away.

The rain has been ridiculous this fall/winter. Almost every day. Last winter was filled with beautiful 10° sunny days.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the vissssaaa

@UK hide your women cause I'm the second coming of Gengis Khan.
Weren’t you talking about marrying your girlfriend last year?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I get that I guess.

For me hell is where you moved back to :p
haha i'm not a fan of 40+ degrees either, but in the "winter" its like between 18-24. Just perfect :D

- - - Updated - - -

Friend works for a company in Amsterdam but decided to come back home for a couple of months because of winter. The only catch is that he's now waking up at 5 for work.

BBQs outside > shitty rain and cold
Haha for me work starts at noon, 12. Not too bad. The only problem i'll have the first two weeks is that weekends at home are friday and saturday. But that changes in January to Saturday Sunday.

oh and bbq's outside are the best. fuck winter

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
haha i'm not a fan of 40+ degrees either, but in the "winter" its like between 18-24. Just perfect :D

- - - Updated - - -

Haha for me work starts at noon, 12. Not too bad. The only problem i'll have the first two weeks is that weekends at home are friday and saturday. But that changes in January to Saturday Sunday.

oh and bbq's outside are the best. fuck winter
Not too bad, what? You serious? That shift fucking sucks. You're done at 20:00? It literally kills your whole day. You can't use your morning normally while big part of a day is butchered. I always hated that shift, plus second shift when you finish at 22:00.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 804)