swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah it was not as funny as other specials but I don't think it was intended to be as funny. He was clearly hurt speaking, especially towards the end and it was maddening going on social nedia afterwards and seeing all the outrage whoch showed they did not listen to a word he said. They literally proved his point by repeating the same rhetoric.

Love the man, hope he is happy and doesn't get in a dark place again. He makes jokes but you can see he is really hurt when he speaks sometimes.
I like the Atlantic's point about it:

The story of Daphne Dorman, a trans woman who defended Chappelle online after the backlash to Sticks and Stones, ends with her being dragged on Twitter and her death by suicide. (Though Chappelle acknowledges that he doesn’t know what else was happening in her life, he insinuates a connection. “I bet dragging her didn’t help,” he says.) The special ends with Chappelle saying that Dorman was part of the same minority group as him: “my people”—comedians. He’s had enough of the “punching down.”

The story of Dorman, as presented in The Closer, is a brutal indictment of social-justice activism on the internet. If Chappelle’s comedy is “dangerous” because it could lead to real-world harm, then what the hell is the word for what happened to Dorman?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Booked a trip to Paris at the end of November on a whim. Has anybody been to France recently? Seem like things are going OK, just need to get the "sanitary pass".
I was told yesterday over dinner by a friend just there... he says that it's like Covid never happened.

Sanitary pass? Is that like an electronic feminine hygiene product?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I was told yesterday over dinner by a friend just there... he says that it's like Covid never happened.

It's the same here. I've been to three restaurants in the past 3-4 weeks, carrying fake COVID test (photoshopped date on PDF) and nobody ever checked. You enter, pretend to want to get your phone out and they just wave you through. Same at the gym.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

That's what I thought as well... pass sanitaire.

https://www.gouvernement.fr/pass-sanitaire-toutes-les-reponses-a-vos-questions

Glad to hear things are pretty normal. I want to hit up the PSG-Nice match but need a negative covid test since I'm Murican and not EU... that's dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the same here. I've been to three restaurants in the past 3-4 weeks, carrying fake COVID test (photoshopped date on PDF) and nobody ever checked. You enter, pretend to want to get your phone out and they just wave you through. Same at the gym.
Just like the famous fake ID in Murica. Nice stuff.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Besides needing a mask when flying, it's like there's no COVID or never was in sweden right now. Not a hint of restriction or limitations for a month or more. Everything is open.

I assume its the same in France and many other EU countries. Mainly UK with the strict stuff (as in significant quarantine if you fly over there).

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I need to re enter the job market right now but I am feeling unusually lazy and unmotivated to put in the work.
Go for it man. Some nice wages are being offered right now and because you already have a job you're negotiating from a place of strength in a time of supposed labor shortages. Two old coworkers got about 25-30% raises by moving recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 1043)