Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
@Red I've been working on my driver for the past month. I can actually hit it straight. The slice still shows up on bad attempts but I'm curing the main problem in my game.
Nice.

What was the problem/fix?

I haven't carried a driver in years because it did me more harm than good. Just belt my 3-wood instead.

Train ticket booked to head down to St Andrews tomorrow.

Should get on the course for about 1030.

I fancy following Mickelson for most of his round initially (he starts at 1010).

Then I'll probably try and go with the Spieth-Day pairing who are in the penultimate group, teeing off at 1420.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Imma do it.

20 pages report in two days. 6 pages down, four more to go tonight and then finishing it tomorrow in time for seeing a chica.

I am the master of writing papers, if only I could get a job doing that without all the fellatio required to get a phd.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Imma do it.

20 pages report in two days. 6 pages down, four more to go tonight and then finishing it tomorrow in time for seeing a chica.

I am the master of writing papers, if only I could get a job doing that without all the fellatio required to get a phd.
Dude, DSLs won't become you. That's why I got out of the PhD gig long ago. It was either that or coming to the lab everyday with a backpack full of hammers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/27/science/27murd.html?_r=0

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Dude, DSLs won't become you. That's why I got out of the PhD gig long ago. It was either that or coming to the lab everyday with a backpack full of hammers.

:lol:

I was an assistant to a prof here for a semester, second semester of my MA. Wrote a, what he thought, brilliant article on the first semester and then he wanted me to work for him and work towards getting funded for a phd when I finish. I finished the semester for him and kindly told him that it was not going to happen, the workload of just studying and working part time is more than enough, I don't need a third job for some guy who just dumps all the bullshit on me. He asked me to grade papers about subjects that were so far out of my field (song dynasty china as opposed to modern middle eastern history) that I had to study up for those aswell (4th job).

It would be a great job tho, just writing shit and getting paid for it, but not worth the hassle. I'll do HRW/Amnesty crisis/report research instead, earn less but be mellow and enjoy myself.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:lol:

I was an assistant to a prof here for a semester, second semester of my MA. Wrote a, what he thought, brilliant article on the first semester and then he wanted me to work for him and work towards getting funded for a phd when I finish. I finished the semester for him and kindly told him that it was not going to happen, the workload of just studying and working part time is more than enough, I don't need a third job for some guy who just dumps all the bullshit on me. He asked me to grade papers about subjects that were so far out of my field (song dynasty china as opposed to modern middle eastern history) that I had to study up for those aswell (4th job).

It would be a great job tho, just writing shit and getting paid for it, but not worth the hassle. I'll do HRW/Amnesty crisis/report research instead, earn less but be mellow and enjoy myself.
Profs love grad students because they basically have them over a barrel for their graduation -- and thus can milk it for all the cheap labor they can get.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

I loled reading that, and texted this to someone I know who will go to the US for Uni soon as lit student adviser / assistant teacher / professor. She was complaining about a grad student she has mail contact with is super intense and bit too weird. Hope above article "cheers" her up :D

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Profs love grad students because they basically have them over a barrel for their graduation -- and thus can milk it for all the cheap labor they can get.
And it works. My roommate has been slaving away since he 4th semester (bachelor degree!) until now, that's three years, just to get a shot at doing a phd. The amount of humiliation he has taken is impressive, but somehow he keeps locked in and powers through. The guy is going to reach much, much higer than me, as my mentality doesn't allow for any abuse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 598)