Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Look up barra brava lewisville on insta
jokes aside this would never fly in canadian business without it being a strip club. you would be opening the restaurant up to lawsuits.

I think it’s genuinely one of the most romantic dreams ever that will hit you like a brick wall with realism once you finally started. Must be exhausting running a restaurant
i know restuarants is hard business. i've watched too many kitchen nightmare episodes to know it's tough.

I don't want to open anything fancy. just my own brand of fast food . the focus will be on 2 food items and that's it. goal is to eventually franchise it out.

- - - Updated - - -

It's exhausting for people with 20-30 years experience, imagine what it's like for someone who's never done it before. Way too many variables to manage. Food trucks on the other hand are not such a bad idea, minimal investment and it's like cooking for your friends when they come over.
ive thought bout food truck idea too. debating logistics.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
jokes aside this would never fly in canadian business without it being a strip club. you would be opening the restaurant up to lawsuits.

i know restuarants is hard business. i've watched too many kitchen nightmare episodes to know it's tough.

I don't want to open anything fancy. just my own brand of fast food . the focus will be on 2 food items and that's it. goal is to eventually franchise it out.

- - - Updated - - -

At first you just want to rent it, do a weekend or 2 a month, think it's might be 200 bucks a day or so. Good way to try out your concept for "free". My idea for food truck is a baklava with toppings.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
With all the delivery apps, isnt it more profitable to just come up with targeted delivery food and avoid opening an actual restaurant where you can eat? I imagine youd save a ton on costs and the food prices are basically the same if its the cheapish kind of food. + a lot of delivery food is crap, everywhere Ive been its hard to find smth thats reasonably priced and isnt absolute junk food

Jun 16, 2020

- - - Updated - - -

What type of food?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
idk what it’s like in Canada and I can only speak for the Philly region but I feel like the fried chicken market has gotten so over saturated here. There’s a fried chicken joint in every corner and new ones keep opening up. Which I suppose means there’s a lot of demand for it.

good luck if you decide to open it, I’d definitely try it.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
idk what it’s like in Canada and I can only speak for the Philly region but I feel like the fried chicken market has gotten so over saturated here. There’s a fried chicken joint in every corner and new ones keep opening up. Which I suppose means there’s a lot of demand for it.

good luck if you decide to open it, I’d definitely try it.
there isn't a lot aside from the chains like popeyes kfc and mary browns. some korean places and trucks.

my goal is to make it halal fried chicken. there is a large muslim population here and it's growing. there isn't a lot of fast food halal places in ontario except for shawarma.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
there isn't a lot aside from the chains like popeyes kfc and mary browns. some korean places and trucks.

my goal is to make it halal fried chicken. there is a large muslim population here and it's growing. there isn't a lot of fast food halal places in ottawa except for shawarma.
nice. This new place opened up near my house, Assad’s hot chicken. Idk if it’s halal but their marketing on insta was huge because I knew about it when they only had one location. I recommend their marketing for sure.

https://www.instagram.com/asadshotchicken?igsh=aHYyZHRoN2c1eHVn

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah it is halal

- - - Updated - - -

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I've done a quick check and I'm still pretty sure it is claimed to be. There is a difference for their totally halal restaurants which don't handle pork. Regardless, these still make up about 20% of stores.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

my goal is to make it halal fried chicken. there is a large muslim population here and it's growing. there isn't a lot of fast food halal places in ontario except for shawarma.
Best of luck bro, give it your all and don't give up. Remember as boss you are paid to solve problems and take on all the business stress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 125)