OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #370,584
    I still think the coolest thing I've ever heard was the concept of Dulce Base. Who was that former engineer who had his hand blown off by the alien grey at Level 5 of the base? I keep thinking Bill Cooper but it wasn't him. He's on the video:
    Phil something? Phil Schneider, lost his finger and was later assassinated after coming clean about the underground Alien war in 1976 or something.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to get more serious about retirement now that I'm in my mid 30's. Fuuuuuuck.
    You don't and won't have kids, dude, you could work forever, like me!

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    Betterment user for 5 years now. I’ve got my Roths and a general investing on autopilot. One of the best robo advisors in the game. Don’t need to speak to someone tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Fundrise for all my indirect RE portfolio. eREITs ftw
    Ser, I award you the Boomer Medal Second Class.

In order to progress to Boomer Medal First Class you have to also stack dem preshus mettles

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    If a species was capable of interstellar travel, and they could visit us, they most likely wouldn't because we are still so primitive. To them, hanging out with us would be like my going outside and trying to communicate with a colony of ants.
    My best friend worked for a number of years for Intel. He got me into their HQ to hear a talk by Stephen Hawking. The Hawk said that if intelligent life visited us before, we would know by now. Because we would all be enslaved and they would be sucking our innards through straws as a garnish for their space cocktails, knowing how humanity has treated every other new tribe or form of intelligence that it has encountered.

It's weird that 7% difference in oxygen present in the atmosphere over that same time makes it so that large shit can't live any longer. Like spiders the size of bean bags and 10-feet tall hominids.
    Breathing is a beyootch. I think with global warming, a lot of people are hoping it will limit the evolutionary size of Americans. Because there ain't no stopping us from reaching dinosaur proportions at this rate.

Does anyone have any experience with online savings account (Popular Direct, Marcus, Betterment, etc)? Some decent looking rates, but I'm put off by the inability to go physically speak with someone if an issue arises.
    "Speak to someone". OK, boomer. :ciao:

I still primarily use a credit union account at a space/defense lab I worked at in Maryland some 35 years ago. Never had a problem not being within 3000 miles of a branch since then.

What you mean ser

Do you like them? Have you had any problems withdrawing or transferring money to a bank account before? When they say "direct deposit," do they mean setting it up with my employer or just consistently depositing money? Any other online banks you have accounts at that you would recommend?

I started a "cash reserve" account with Betterment for that 4% rate, but the fact that they don't have 24/7 support doesn't make me feel comfortable handing over large amounts of money. They couldn't even connect to my existing bank accounts for some reason, so I'm taking that as a sign.
    You can always start with the minimum investments and try it out. keep the risk profile low.

But as someone else pointed out, why are you hoarding tons of Scrooge McDuck-levels of money in cash? You're not an Argentinian.

I need to get more serious about retirement now that I'm in my mid 30's. Fuuuuuuck.
    Too late for your generation, bruh. What retirement? :seven:

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    My best friend worked for a number of years for Intel. He got me into their HQ to hear a talk by Stephen Hawking. The Hawk said that if intelligent life visited us before, we would know by now. Because we would all be enslaved and they would be sucking our innards through straws as a garnish for their space cocktails, knowing how humanity has treated every other new tribe or form of intelligence that it has encountered.

As a self-proclaimed ancient astronaut theorist, I strongly disagree.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    As a self-proclaimed ancient astronaut theorist, I strongly disagree.
    OK, so maybe you be getting some action with the green ladies with the pubic back hair from planet Doggybagh. But what have you learned to share about interspecies relations?

You know I am expecting extraterrestrial Andrew Tate-level answers here...

The government will save me, I just know it. :delpiero:
    Nah. Just Rick Scott, American Hero. :ziz:

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    @swag tell me you wouldn’t mate with a Bajoran or better yet a ferengi :klin:

My Bugatti would seal the deal as I explain to them their place.
    1. Upright in the kitchen
    2. Knees or bent over else where

I just solved first contact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1076)