Jun 16, 2020
Hell yea, that's always entertaining.
Never really believed the stories, especially not the alien abductions. But it’s a topic that has been gaining political attention after multiple reports of the US Air Force and Navy. Things seem to pop up on radars or very strange seeings in the air.

In a way I have troubles believing it, at the other side I kinda hope that it’s true as it would be awesome, but then I fail to understand why they would ‘show’ themselves or rather their spacecrafts but not make any physical contact. That doesn’t make sense to me.

If you listen to reports of ex-jet pilots and stuff there’s definitely something very strange going on. Or they just suffer from PTSD and their brains are going nuts

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #370,569
    I agree, I find it very interesting and entertaining, like Bigfoot stuff. I'm a huge Sasquatch guy, but only because it's both interesting and entertaining. I don't know if I BELIEVE in it at all, but it's fun.

The coolest thing I ever heard said about Aliens was by Neil Tyson, who said something to the effect that the difference between humans and chimps is .01% DNA. But that .01% gives us speech, science, space, research, moon landing, satellites, cars, nuclear bomb, and The Hadron Collider.

If a species was capable of interstellar travel, and they could visit us, they most likely wouldn't because we are still so primitive. To them, hanging out with us would be like my going outside and trying to communicate with a colony of ants.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I like the theory that sasquatch and similar creatures across cultures is genetic memory strongly imprinted from times when homo-sapiens did live at the same time as other advanced/ dangerous similar species of apes that were a big threat to our survival but we killed them all. Despite them being gone for 10s of thousands of years the threat has remained in our collective conscious.

I believe there is a similar theory that all human beings have a natural fear of arachnids due to genetic memory of long extinct ones that we once lived in fear of

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Does anyone have any experience with online savings account (Popular Direct, Marcus, Betterment, etc)? Some decent looking rates, but I'm put off by the inability to go physically speak with someone if an issue arises.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Don't trust, verify, kind Ser
    What you mean ser
    I have a bunch of SoFi accounts. What questions do you have?
    Do you like them? Have you had any problems withdrawing or transferring money to a bank account before? When they say "direct deposit," do they mean setting it up with my employer or just consistently depositing money? Any other online banks you have accounts at that you would recommend?

I started a "cash reserve" account with Betterment for that 4% rate, but the fact that they don't have 24/7 support doesn't make me feel comfortable handing over large amounts of money. They couldn't even connect to my existing bank accounts for some reason, so I'm taking that as a sign.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #370,577
    What you mean ser

Do you like them? Have you had any problems withdrawing or transferring money to a bank account before? When they say "direct deposit," do they mean setting it up with my employer or just consistently depositing money? Any other online banks you have accounts at that you would recommend?

I started a "cash reserve" account with Betterment for that 4% rate, but the fact that they don't have 24/7 support doesn't make me feel comfortable handing over large amounts of money. They couldn't even connect to my existing bank accounts for some reason, so I'm taking that as a sign.
    In general, I would say I like them, yes.

Not really, the only time I have had an issue with deposits or transfers has been....three days? That was because of identity verification, though. I was moving a bunch of monies around, selling investments (also done through their app) and such and they flagged me for identity verification because I had only ever deposited funds.

They mean setting it up through the employer. I got a free $250 deposit for DD funds twice in a month, so I signed up with a local bank and once I got it, I transferred the funds and closed the accounts. Transferring bank-to-bank is different from DD because the DD comes from a Clearing House (ACH - Automatic Clearing House).

I'm not familiar with Betterment, but do your research, make sure they are FDIC insured, that sort of thing.

Others I am familiar with/would consider are:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/m/bankin...pc&utm_source=goog&utm_term=best+online+banks

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Does anyone have any experience with online savings account (Popular Direct, Marcus, Betterment, etc)? Some decent looking rates, but I'm put off by the inability to go physically speak with someone if an issue arises.
    Betterment user for 5 years now. I’ve got my Roths and a general investing on autopilot. One of the best robo advisors in the game. Don’t need to speak to someone tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Fundrise for all my indirect RE portfolio. eREITs ftw

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I agree, I find it very interesting and entertaining, like Bigfoot stuff. I'm a huge Sasquatch guy, but only because it's both interesting and entertaining. I don't know if I BELIEVE in it at all, but it's fun.

The coolest thing I ever heard said about Aliens was by Neil Tyson, who said something to the effect that the difference between humans and chimps is .01% DNA. But that .01% gives us speech, science, space, research, moon landing, satellites, cars, nuclear bomb, and The Hadron Collider.

If a species was capable of interstellar travel, and they could visit us, they most likely wouldn't because we are still so primitive. To them, hanging out with us would be like my going outside and trying to communicate with a colony of ants.
    I still think the coolest thing I've ever heard was the concept of Dulce Base. Who was that former engineer who had his hand blown off by the alien grey at Level 5 of the base? I keep thinking Bill Cooper but it wasn't him. He's on the video:

Edit: The first bottom image is not Dulce base, that is Site R, which I grew up nearby. :lol: Now that is a cool, REAL, DUMB.

Betterment user for 5 years now. I’ve got my Roths and a general investing on autopilot. One of the best robo advisors in the game. Don’t need to speak to someone tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Fundrise for all my indirect RE portfolio. eREITs ftw
    Do you actually need $100k for a Betterment account? That seems sort of steep for a newer concept like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1086)