pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Such a retarded truck design. :lol2:
It's its own niche. Think Hummer or jeep Wrangler in SUVs. There was room for something diff in market, and it'll have its own cult following. This is a truck for the gamers, techies, sci-fi nerds, & execs. Tesla directly competing with f150s would've been a bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

He's the worst
Yeah, he's only changing the world, taught himself rocket science, and does the work of few billionaires himself. Terribad.

His solution for the Thai soccer team stuck in cave though...

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Too many NPCs out there, let Elon call somebody a pedo, post nudes of his ex gf, deny the Holocaust and commit other minor misdemeanors that hurt noone
It's because its uncharacteristic of him, he was fine until recent times, became unhinged out of the blue. Being eccentric doesnt mean you have to be an asshat for no reason.

But yeah I'm fine with it mostly, which is why I disagreed with Dru. But generally he needs to be told off, needs to get out of whatever powertripping midlife crisis he is having on social media. Focus on doing what makes you one of the most brilliant men of our times.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I hope someone sinks all the ships that are going to carry that vomit inducing monstrosity to Europe.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk
Despite not liking that design I'm all for innovation in the automotivee industry. All cars look the same today. Watching these on the road is gonna be a hoot

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Despite not liking that design I'm all for innovation in the automotivee industry. All cars look the same today. Watching these on the road is gonna be a hoot
There is zero innovation in this truck especially in design. These shapes, body construction, materials have all been tried before in the automotive industry. There are reasons why we should not go back to the 80ies.
While I like Mad Max movies I do not want to prepare for living in such a dystopian world.
EVs should become lighter and lighter and not copy military tanks.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
There is zero innovation in this truck especially in design. These shapes, body construction, materials have all been tried before in the automotive industry. There are reasons why we should not go back to the 80ies.
While I like Mad Max movies I do not want to prepare for living in such a dystopian world.
EVs should become lighter and lighter and not copy military tanks.
Why do they need to be lighter? For ICE, lighter means faster acceleration/more torque and less gas cost. The same doesn't apply to EVs. You get instant max torque, very high 0-60, and no gas $.

Yeah, still makes a diff with turning, etc, but one way or the other that's not applicable to trucks.

Cybertruck seems practical too. Costs the same as sedan, smaller than reg truck coz of hood but has same load & pull capacity for when you need it, and no gas.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Why do they need to be lighter? For ICE, lighter means faster acceleration/more torque and less gas cost. The same doesn't apply to EVs. You get instant max torque, very high 0-60, and no gas $.

Yeah, still makes a diff with turning, etc, but one way or the other that's not applicable to trucks.

Cybertruck seems practical too. Costs the same as sedan, smaller than reg truck coz of hood but has same load & pull capacity for when you need it, and no gas.
The same applies to EVs - lighter vehicles are more efficient (meaning more range), faster and enjoyable to drive. Lighter vehicles are more maneuverable and easy on the road. Monsters like this truck will bend the asphalt during summer months. I hate them with passion on the highway.
Cybertruck's specs are just vaporware at this stage. Tesla does not possess the technology to produce them and this is why the production dates are so vaguely defined. If they have some new battery tech Musk will boast about it. They do not, as when this truck is available, a new generation of batteries are expected by CATL, Northvolt, VW, BMW, BYD, Samsung and LG Chem which are in line or even better with what Tesla will have.
Not to mention that even the advertised specs are a joke when you consider that range, for example, will be severely limited when towing or in winter or both. 250 miles advertised will be 200 in real life and even less than 100 miles while towing. There are many videos where Model X tries to tow only for its range to drop three times. Towing is much less of a penalty for petrol cars.
I do not see many practical reasons for CT to be considered by anyone outside of Tesla fanboys. Being the ugliest car ever shown does not help their cause.
Despite all of this I see huge interest in the beginning because it is different and the reservation amount is really minuscule (100 USD) but the conversion rate to actual purchases may not be very high.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The same applies to EVs - lighter vehicles are more efficient (meaning more range), faster and enjoyable to drive. Lighter vehicles are more maneuverable and easy on the road. Monsters like this truck will bend the asphalt during summer months. I hate them with passion on the highway.
Cybertruck's specs are just vaporware at this stage. Tesla does not possess the technology to produce them and this is why the production dates are so vaguely defined. If they have some new battery tech Musk will boast about it. They do not, as when this truck is available, a new generation of batteries are expected by CATL, Northvolt, VW, BMW, BYD, Samsung and LG Chem which are in line or even better with what Tesla will have.
Not to mention that even the advertised specs are a joke when you consider that range, for example, will be severely limited when towing or in winter or both. 250 miles advertised will be 200 in real life and even less than 100 miles while towing. There are many videos where Model X tries to tow only for its range to drop three times. Towing is much less of a penalty for petrol cars.
I do not see many practical reasons for CT to be considered by anyone outside of Tesla fanboys. Being the ugliest car ever shown does not help their cause.
Despite all of this I see huge interest in the beginning because it is different and the reservation amount is really minuscule (100 USD) but the conversion rate to actual purchases may not be very high.
I don't know much about battery tech, so maybe you'll be proven right in the long run, but in that case, it's bad news for future projection of Tesla as a whole and isn't Cybertruck-specific. Also, the same battery problem you're concerned about even with the diff design you want.

In the short term, 187k preorders in 3 days being anything but a positive start is a very different interpretation.

Don't know how the truck will do among shy Euro males, but it'll definitely have its cult following in merica.

Maneuverability isn't synonymous with trucks. That's not what they're designed for. You're looking for a diff vehicle altogether. And Tesla in general makes heavy cars. Between 250 to 500, range isn't an issue & they're comfortably leading the pack. You'd save more $ with electricity with lighter, but that's minuscule compared to gas $.

As for Tesla not delivering CT in time, that'd be just classic Tesla/Musk. Won't be any surprises there. Only diff is now they're not cash strapped anymore & are capable of getting things fixed faster & ramping up production.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
regardless of practicality i cannot get past the name and appearance.
:agree:

It’s going after a minuscule niche market of people who would actually drive that atrocity around, mostly people who don’t really have any need of a truck.

If they made it at least half-decent looking (doesn’t have to be exactly like a regular pickup in appearance even), it would attract a much wider market, and a lot of young people in the trades and construction industry in cities would be interested in it, especially at reported price. The people who drive Japanese trucks like Toyota Tacoma and Tundra, Nissan Frontier and Titan, etc.

Their competitor, Bollinger, is putting out a much nicer looking electric truck (the look I would have hoped for the Tesla), with pretty amazing off-road capabilities (lower specs than the Tesla on towing/torque/hp though), but at a ridiculous starting price of $125k

And Rivian’s upcoming electric truck looks most conventional of the 3, starts at $69k apparently, but won’t be out until at least 2021. Has similar capabilities to the Tesla it sounds like.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
:agree:

It’s going after a minuscule niche market of people who would actually drive that atrocity around, mostly people who don’t really have any need of a truck.

If they made it at least half-decent looking (doesn’t have to be exactly like a regular pickup in appearance even), it would attract a much wider market, and a lot of young people in the trades and construction industry in cities would be interested in it, especially at reported price. The people who drive Japanese trucks like Toyota Tacoma and Tundra, Nissan Frontier and Titan, etc.

Their competitor, Bollinger, is putting out a much nicer looking electric truck (the look I would have hoped for the Tesla), with pretty amazing off-road capabilities (lower specs than the Tesla on towing/torque/hp though), but at a ridiculous starting price of $125k

And Rivian’s upcoming electric truck looks most conventional of the 3, starts at $69k apparently, but won’t be out until at least 2021. Has similar capabilities to the Tesla it sounds like.
:agree: Bollinger is amazing but so expensive.

Suzuki Jimny it is then

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I'll just leave this here

This is just a very cheap marketing trick aimed at gullible fanboys. Anyone could build a one-off model with excessive power characteristics and compare it against an unspecified model variant of the competition. It is oranges vs apples all over again.
I thought car companies have stopped with this meaningless comparison but nothing is beneath Tesla. In the end, most of its stock price is based on constantly running hype train. This is why three (Roadster, Semi, CT) of their supposedly game-changing products are always 2-3 years away into the future. And two of them were presented 2 years ago and should have already been in production but they are still 1-2 years away. We will see in 2020 if CT production date will be moved back to 2023-2024 with even bigger promises.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1071)