GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
This is just a very cheap marketing trick aimed at gullible fanboys. Anyone could build a one-off model with excessive power characteristics and compare it against an unspecified model variant of the competition. It is oranges vs apples all over again.
I thought car companies have stopped with this meaningless comparison but nothing is beneath Tesla. In the end, most of its stock price is based on constantly running hype train. This is why three (Roadster, Semi, CT) of their supposedly game-changing products are always 2-3 years away into the future. And two of them were presented 2 years ago and should have already been in production but they are still 1-2 years away. We will see in 2020 if CT production date will be moved back to 2023-2024 with even bigger promises.
Have you ever driven a tesla?

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
They did this against Porsche Taycan at the Nürnburgring :touched: Brought some juiced up Model S
I know. One-off car for sure with stripped-down interior and semi-slicks. It is typical of Tesla to do such a comparison. Regular Model S Raven will have a hard time to go under 8:30 min on the Ring.
They did the same thing while unveiling CT: compared the acceleration of 911 to CT and said 911 was the current one. Not true - it was an old 911 and not a very fast version of it. Even the previous 911 has so many variants where the acceleration varies from 2.5 sec 0-60 mph (Turbo S) to more than 4 sec ( 911 Carrera 2). The forthcoming 911 Turbo S will run 0-60 mph in less than 2.5 sec. I do not like how Americans use one foot of rollout while measuring 0-60 times though. In Europe, we measure 0-100 km/h ( 0-62 mph) with no rollout. I think this is more accurate as it does not artificially increase performance numbers.

Have you ever driven a tesla?
I was in one but I did not like the interior and the build quality but I am a big fan of EVs. Taycan is love though. EVs are the future but the battery tech definitely is still not ready for big vehicles. CT specs are vaporware for now.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It's crazy how dudes like Musk are able to build these cultlike followings. They certainly do something right in terms of marketing. He's bit of retard in my opinion though.
he's a genius and a retard at once. at least the man has vision, let's not take it away from him. but he's a jerk which is proven by the way he handled that thai diver case.

tesla is like the iphone of the car industry: the product is almost secondary, the sense of belonging is above everything else. loyal customer base is the best asset a manufacturer can have.

i like ev's btw. a friend of mine got a bmw i3s for himself for city use, and it's the best urban car i can imagine. small, relatively spacious for 2 persons, silent, fast af. besides being expensive, there's one single thing i'd change in it for urban use: legroom in the back. it's practically a 2+2 car with only kids or small people being able to fit properly in the back. for daily use and the commuting i do, i'd still stick with my car's 8-900 km range for a while.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'll just leave this here

:tup: One of the most impressive things about all the new electric trucks is the HP and torque, especially the latter. Nature of electric makes these things super powerful. As well as bed capacity, because the lack of ICE.

I like the abilities of the Tesla truck, just think the design is retarded and I think they are limiting their market severely with it.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree: Bollinger is amazing but so expensive.

Suzuki Jimny it is then
Yeah. Fantastic design. The SUV version is awesome.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
He's the DJT of CEOs
:lol: DJT would be offended by that.

:agree:

It’s going after a minuscule niche market of people who would actually drive that atrocity around, mostly people who don’t really have any need of a truck.
I think it's clever in that it's actually daring to break out of the box of boring, incremental expectations. Still think it will become the Pontiac Aztek of our time. (Sorry, Breaking Bad fans.)

It's crazy how dudes like Musk are able to build these cultlike followings. They certainly do something right in terms of marketing. He's bit of retard in my opinion though.
True and true. There are people who want to be alpha'ed. That's why there's cult-like hero worship -- everything from people in fitness, to religion, to business. Steve Jobs fanboys? Need I say more from a guy who literally killed himself by thinking his diet of eating nothing but carrots for months was smarter than the best pancreatic oncology treatments science had to offer. The guy was worse than those anti-vaxers out there.

Expected, really.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Damn. A second competitor of my first firm just asked me if I want to join them.

I won't. I've already given my word. But man, after leaving my first firm the opportunities just keep coming.

I got a good severance deal, joined another firm immediately after two weeks off (paid), joined a competitor at great term, they offered me a christmas break (haven't had that in ages) and now another firm wants to pay even more?

Damn. Enough is enough, I get it. Don't be sad. Everything is okay. I get it.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Damn. A second competitor of my first firm just asked me if I want to join them.

I won't. I've already given my word. But man, after leaving my first firm the opportunities just keep coming.

I got a good severance deal, joined another firm immediately after two weeks off (paid), joined a competitor at great term, they offered me a christmas break (haven't had that in ages) and now another firm wants to pay even more?

Damn. Enough is enough, I get it. Don't be sad. Everything is okay. I get it.
If the conditions at your new job aren't as great as they could be then you could always switch too in the future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1083)