Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Fantastic!! So glad this came together and allowed you to reach this milestone!

Yeah, having a good illustrator can make a major difference. When I first published a book, he was great and held a lot of it together. A bad one could really wreck it.
You published a book? Full of clever quips and witticisms?

I’d read the book of Swag...

- - - Updated - - -

bro, i do cover book designs .. u should have told me man!!
We have only been posting about Dusan’s book for months now... :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

Not the guy who rated Motta, duh.
Congratulations on the book, bro. How’d the book fair go? Drum up some interest in 19th century Russia? ;)

Last edited:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I hope ya'll are doing great! A little update for those who care.

So I've been busy as hell over the past two weeks. Tight schedule and lots of problems gave me tons of headache. Not only the guy who was supposed to make the book design couldn't do it (I actually realized that his illustration are horrible) but the publishing house gave me some early date for no reason. Luckily everything was finished and my book came out on Belgrade book fair which is happening this week. It couldn't be done without you guys, so cheers, it's a huge achievement for me personally bigger than finishing uni. I went to the fair and seeing my book there made me feel weird and great at the same moment. I gave myself a treat so I bought some books to read as well (great books actually). As I finished I felt a huge relief. I stopped worrying and I could finally breathe normally. As I relaxed I got a fucking flu but it's nothing major thankfully.

I don't have a job at the moment so after a stressful month and previous job, I'm taking my time thinking of a new book which I'm gonna start writing probably even this month. I'm gonna give myself time as I wanna write something different and more creative as I'm gonna escape the 19th century narrative.

Just wanted to share and hug those who helped me. Once again. Thank you.

pismadosla2.jpg pismadosla.jpg
Congrats man!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Congratulations on the book, bro. How’d the book fair go? Drum up some interest in 19th century Russia? ;)
The hell I know... :lol2: been there, saw it there and went on to buy books. I will get an update in some day in the future. Book fair is open till Sunday, though.

I bought one from Ishiguro as I never read him. I also bought one from Kis, Borges, Lavcraft, Turgenev, Camus and Kafka. :tuttosport:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The hell I know... :lol2: been there, saw it there and went on to buy books. I will get an update in some day in the future. Book fair is open till Sunday, though.

I bought one from Ishiguro as I never read him. I also bought one from Kis, Borges, Lavcraft, Turgenev, Camus and Kafka. :tuttosport:
Buried Giant? Everything else is garbage for women

Also what Camus and what Kafka?

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Expected letter to his father :p

When I read Kafka I feel so blessed being able to read German

It's just something else to read a writer in his native language. Sometimes I regret not learning French. @Martin needs to upload more tutorials on youtube
Just about to learn french. Have a project next year in french speaking part of switzerland. Need to refresh the french I learned at schoo 15y ago first and then even improve.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Expected letter to his father :p

When I read Kafka I feel so blessed being able to read German

It's just something else to read a writer in his native language. Sometimes I regret not learning French. @Martin needs to upload more tutorials on youtube
No doubt about that. It's even more obvious when it comes to poetry. There are great translations, surely, but it can't really be compared.

I feel that luck when it comes to Selimovic, Kis, Pavic, Pekic, Andric, Kapor and Crnjanski. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1076)