AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
If you’re only looking for certs, you can probably do that on the side without much trouble.
Not at my current job. Requires far too much time and energy. I've tried to teach myself things on the side but I just cannot focus for long or retain information.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want to become a digital nomad that works from his laptop on a beach in southeast Asia?
I'll just settle for the digital aspect first, then we can worry about getting fancy with it :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
My plan is "go back to school" to get certifications and try to become some sort of developer. But plans can always fail of course.
You don't seem so convinced. Change your language, say "I'll become a developer". Also, I don't think you need to go back to school or get a certification of any kind. I believe there are plenty of cheap/low cost options out there. You need to develop skills... skills that create value for others and obviously for you too. But hey, what do I know, I'm not successful enough yet to give this kind of advice. Gotta keep hustling.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
You don't seem so convinced. Change your language, say "I'll become a developer". Also, I don't think you need to go back to school or get a certification of any kind. I believe there are plenty of cheap/low cost options out there. You need to develop skills... skills that create value for others and obviously for you too. But hey, what do I know, I'm not successful enough yet to give this kind of advice. Gotta keep hustling.
Just a way of speaking, I will make it work. There are some free options as well, but I think I would benefit from a classroom setting considering that's what we've been trained to learn in since birth and it's a bit more structured. There are low cost options, I'm looking into two right now. As for the bold part, always my friend.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Just a way of speaking, I will make it work. There are some free options as well, but I think I would benefit from a classroom setting considering that's what we've been trained to learn in since birth and it's a bit more structured. There are low cost options, I'm looking into two right now. As for the bold part, always my friend.
Just make sure to take the most cost-effective route. Are you in the corporate world? If so, I can understand your frustration.

I'm in the banking sector, you could say I'm well paid compared to others my age but I just can't imagine slaving myself 40 years into something I hate. I have some side-hustles but I'm not settling, I want to be a millionaire... I know I'll make it. Hopefully we're all gonna make it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1062)