swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
im just not into Asian girls, seafood or over crowded cities
Ahhh, Asia. Who doesn't like smelling an open pit toilet while eating questionable meat on a stick over a sewer?

@Kyle

Speaking of asians. Did you see this? Happened in BC recently. :lol2:

Not to be a racism apologist, but I still subscribe that people, when being dicks, will often grab the first weapon they can use to strike at someone with. Often that comes up as their race, gender, etc. I'm pretty sure the woman doesn't believe she's a racist, just that she had a confrontation with a person she didn't approve of. She's clueless.

See now we talking split that shit open like a watermelon on memorial day
:lol:

It’s that time of the year again. Another hurricane coming our way and it might turn into a category 4. Fun times!
Trump going to Mar-a-Lago again?

Home of the Boga-Tatas.

Sounds like I'll need to brush up on my mexican judo
You gots the brown thing down pretty well. Trick is to glue on a cheesy Freddie Mercury moustache and don a 1980s Member's Only jacket so someone might mistake you for one of Pablo Escobar's henchmen.

Sometimes experience is the best teacher
Big Ballz Bethany does it for me.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Trump going to Mar-a-Lago again?
Maybe the hurricane could just stop there doing it's thing and leave the rest of the state alone. Wishful thinking ha!

But seriously this mofo could be the strongest hurricane since Andrew. Now I wasn't here when Andrew came kicking the shit out of everything in it's way but I did experience a Category 3 in '06 and that wasn't fun.

No electricity for 2 weeks, no phone signal, my city was pretty much looking like a war zone, now I don't wanna see what a cat. 4 can do.

The missus is a nurse and can't leave the state so we're staying.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Definitely corporate, almost finance. A shit industry to be in if you don't have connections. My role sucks though, and I get pigeon-holed into it so when applying to jobs, my resume is immediately discarded because of the title. So I've had enough, and after paying off my loans, starting a 401k, and saving up a good amount of money, I can now attempt to switch over to a new industry as I originally planned.

That must be rough. I know the hours are tough to handle for sure, I'm still at work at the moment 12 hours later so I get it. But I bet your late days are a lot more frequent than mine and I'm sure you're getting paid substantially more. If that's your goal though, you're certainly in the right place. Just keep at it and remember to take time to recharge yourself. Don't burn out.
(1) That is so true, I got my job cause my parents had strong connections with the major shareholder of the bank. Yeah, you should definitely pay off your loans ASAP.

(2) TBH no, I almost never work long hours. I've been on this job for three years and I can count the times I've had late days with my fingers. I had a shitty salary until recently, when I was offered a better salary at another bank for the same position (Corporate Credit Risk Analyst). I told my boss I received a very good offer somewhere else and that I was leaving lol. He spoke to the GM and got me a raise matching the other offer. I felt so good man... I felt appreciated.

I wish you good luck in your endeavors dude. How old are you?

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
It took literally 1 week to realize the finance industry, or corporate was not for me, seeing people checking share prices, reading and discussing articles of the sort whilst i'm watching golf highlights during my lunch break, I had the technical skills for it but I could not compete with people who literally live the job, and i did not want to turn into that type of person. Albeit i have never been ambitious, very happy to plod along, as long as i'm home reasonably and have time to golf on the weekends i am a happy man, spending 40 years under constant stress hating what you are doing, for what, makes no sense. Some people love the rat race, they love the corporate life, they love playing the game and they are good at it. id rather kill myself that do that shit, staying late, people wanting to one up you and get ahead, cant be fucked for those games.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
As we're on the topic...

I've been planning to make a move abroad for work. It's something I'm excited about, but it's a risk going into a new field in a new country, and I'm gonna have to borrow some money to do it (for a training programme), but in the long run should pay off.

Now my boss doesn't want me to leave, says he will make me a "big offer". I don't know what the offer is yet, but I have an idea of what the least is to make me reconsider. But I don't know yet what my choice will be.

It's a choice between taking a risk for the sake of a new challenge and a more exciting job, and getting to live in a new country which I have wanted for a long time while making less money for a few years. Or taking the easy route - stable, comfy, boring job, but finally making enough money to be content with (for now, maybe for the next 3 or 4 years).

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
As we're on the topic...

I've been planning to make a move abroad for work. It's something I'm excited about, but it's a risk going into a new field in a new country, and I'm gonna have to borrow some money to do it (for a training programme), but in the long run should pay off.

Now my boss doesn't want me to leave, says he will make me a "big offer". I don't know what the offer is yet, but I have an idea of what the least is to make me reconsider. But I don't know yet what my choice will be.

It's a choice between taking a risk for the sake of a new challenge and a more exciting job, and getting to live in a new country which I have wanted for a long time while making less money for a few years. Or taking the easy route - stable, comfy, boring job, but finally making enough money to be content with (for now, maybe for the next 3 or 4 years).
Take a risk of course, you will have plenty of time to be a pussy later

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
(1) That is so true, I got my job cause my parents had strong connections with the major shareholder of the bank. Yeah, you should definitely pay off your loans ASAP.

(2) TBH no, I almost never work long hours. I've been on this job for three years and I can count the times I've had late days with my fingers. I had a shitty salary until recently, when I was offered a better salary at another bank for the same position (Corporate Credit Risk Analyst). I told my boss I received a very good offer somewhere else and that I was leaving lol. He spoke to the GM and got me a raise matching the other offer. I felt so good man... I felt appreciated.

I wish you good luck in your endeavors dude. How old are you?
That's perfect man, good for you. A good start like that changes absolutely everything. Yeah, did it in 3 years by throwing everything I had at it, saved so much in interest payments. I fully admit I'm very fortunate in that respect.

Sounds like you're set up pretty well then. That's a hot title too, should be easy to move if you ever feel like it. I'm just "senior billing associate," you get no respect with that regardless of my company's name :p.

Thank you, you as well. I'm 28, in other words too old to be where I am now and dealing with this bullshit.
It took literally 1 week to realize the finance industry, or corporate was not for me, seeing people checking share prices, reading and discussing articles of the sort whilst i'm watching golf highlights during my lunch break, I had the technical skills for it but I could not compete with people who literally live the job, and i did not want to turn into that type of person. Albeit i have never been ambitious, very happy to plod along, as long as i'm home reasonably and have time to golf on the weekends i am a happy man, spending 40 years under constant stress hating what you are doing, for what, makes no sense. Some people love the rat race, they love the corporate life, they love playing the game and they are good at it. id rather kill myself that do that shit, staying late, people wanting to one up you and get ahead, cant be fucked for those games.
I feel you. People like that are sociopaths imo. Middle and upper management types as well. The field of economics is actually interesting, finance is just bullshit to make money.

- - - Updated - - -

As we're on the topic...

I would say, consider where you want to be in the next 5 or so years. If anything, you could just save up money doing the second option for a little while so that you won't have to take out loans for the first.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
You're goddamn right. It's a disgusting world full of disgusting people, I just can't understand workaholics. So what are you doing now?

As we're on the topic...

I'd take a job abroad in a heartbeat. If I were in your shoes, I'd be already packing.

Thank you, you as well. I'm 28, in other words too old to be where I am now and dealing with this bullshit.
Thanks. lol too old? You have all the time in the world.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Normally, I'm not one to be affected by the death of "celebrities" very much. But man, I really miss Anthony Bourdain to this day. I genuinely feel sorrow for his passing, even moreso that he took his own life so pointlessly when he really seemed to have it all.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You're goddamn right. It's a disgusting world full of disgusting people, I just can't understand workaholics. So what are you doing now?

I'd take a job abroad in a heartbeat. If I were in your shoes, I'd be already packing.

Thanks. lol too old? You have all the time in the world.
I agree for the most part about workaholics, but some of us have pretty awesome jobs that we actually enjoy. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1083)