Westworld (2 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I just just had a hunch weeks ago first time "Bernard" was having sessions with Dolores that he seemed more warm and human then usual, and how they refused to give any hints of how Arnold looked like, that it would be copy of him. Joked as much as to my brother (after we found our Bernard is a host), who was pissed at me after this episode for half ruining the twist lol.

In 5 years from now shows will contain 6 episodes and air every 2 years.
That's called UK TV BTW, their more serious stuff, it's like all 6 episodes long and takes ages to do...

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sherlock is the worst at that. It'd probably be better off considering itself a bunch of movies
Defenitely the worst, but it's because the creators main show isn't actually Sherlock but Dr Who (and other projects), plus scheduling of the actors is a nightmare. Cumberbatch became a mega Hollywood actor shortly after and Freeman also becoming a big name movie wise.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What I also don't get is the scene in a previous episode where there were employees of the company saying Dolores was deviating from her script, but they preferred to wait to take her off since she was with a guest (William most probably). Was that in the past? It doesn't make sense.
Everything with William is in the past. William is going to be MIB.

What's confusing about Dolores is she has had the same journey of schizophrenic self discovery throughout the decades, it's litterally her loop to be the most conscious and broken one, so in present time she goes off after Arnold voice, as she does in the past with William. All of it remembering the horrors of the foundation town days that lead her to killing Arnold, that Btw was the biggiest bombshell of the season and not Bernard twist for me.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
BTW it just may be way off, but I think it's interesting how the showed Teddy having revealing memories of shooting up the town of the founding old hosts, like he was Wyatt Jr. It cannot be a coincidence they give us this tidbit, Imo it's no coincidence. It's most likely that Ford who has a twisted humor (for making his old memory part of the new story), sent Teddy back then to slaughter those hosts BECAUSE they were controlled or loyal/in awe of Arnold. When Dolores in her blue dress goes down the basement of the church, she walks past all the old hosts that are shown to been wiped out later by Teddy in his flashback.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Another twist they may be saving for us is that MIB isn't really William as they lead us to believe all this time, but he may in fact be Logan instead.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Everything with William is in the last. William is going MIB.

What's confusing about Dolores is she has had the same journey of schizophrenic self discovery throughout the decades, it's litterally her loop to be the most conscious and broken one, so in present time she goes off after Arnold voice, as she does in the past with William. All of it remembering the horrors of the foundation town days that lead her to killing Arnold, that Btw was the biggiest bombshell of the season and not Bernard twist for me.

How did you conclude that everything with William is from the past?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's evident from the first moment they show us. The company logos is different in their opening orientation. Plus they avoid showing us them interacting with any newer hosts (like Maeve, Clementine, the robbers etc), only oldest hosts (Dolores, Lazlo). Plus how Williams first got shot and he could actually feel it like sting or burn. While in present it clear hosts can't feel a thing from guns (through MIB, who has heavily been pointed to be old version of William).

Also biggiest clue is how William and Logan react to Arnold name being mentioned as an actual person they heard about, since they are involved with the park on business. While in present day no one knows shit about Arnold, just a lingering myth. And also William and Logan talk about the financial issues of the park, which was said to have happend 30 years ago in present day. MIB in present day acknowledges that he saved the park financially in the distant past, and tonights episode confirmed he is on the board.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Too much confusion, but thank you for the analysis. Now I will watch something easier yet very good in a couple of episodes of Hap and Leonard. Have you seen it?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah it's handful in the details. Westworld narratively speaking is very subjective and deceptive as fuck. You can't trust what you see, and I don't only mean time lines, as evidenced by the whole Bernard story. Especially how the showed his memories maze, they showed us some moments we seen before that were cut off by Ford or altered.

I seen Hap and Leonard for two episodes, wasn't in the mood for more at the time. Despite two leads being one of my favourite TV actors.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Everything with William is in the last. William is going MIB.

I know, but the employees referred to her deviating from her script while they are in the present. She deviated in the past.

What's even more fucked up was in episode 2, when Dolores said to Maeve "These violent delights have violent ends" and triggered Maeve. This had to be in the present, but before Dolores herself heard the catch phrase she was sticking to her script. Her script deviation happened in the present and in the past therefore, she could have been resetted after William was done with West World or that doesn't add up.

I get the impression I have messed up while viewing. It's confusing as hell.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
She deviates more then once (her memory is constantly wiped, so she needs these memory commands from Arnold to deviate and remember again), when she runs off from farm (and we never see present her again until, MIB bit now) then time changes for us and she runs into William and Logan. The rest show is deliberately interchanging between scenes to confuse us, but when park monitors said she deviated from her path that was defenitely in the past, since she was with William when they tried to grab her back.

OP
radekas

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #133
    Way to spam Osman

Anyway the biggest evidence about William being in the past is the photo of that Logan gave William. It's the same photo that Dolores' father found in early episodes that made him glitch.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I saw the episode tonight that's why I'm posting now.

Yep 100 procent in the past. Question is if he is for sure William or it's been misdirection all along and he is Logan.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Damn guys, you pay so much attention for detail, I have missed tons of clues.

It makes a lot of sense now that Logan is the MIB

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    Another twist they may be saving for us is that MIB isn't really William as they lead us to believe all this time, but he may in fact be Logan instead.

That's what I thought too during the episode, but the end (William going all psycho) made me disregard that plot line (still not sure though, cause MIB doesen't seem to be personally affected by Dolores).

The "timelines" looks like an insight to Doleres' consciousness.

OP
    radekas

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #139
    I think the last episode will switch the Logan-William dynamics. Logan will be the good guy in the end and William will fully embrace his MIB personality. It has already started in ep9. I liked Logan much more in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)