Wenger Future Juve Manager? (1 Viewer)

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
Deschamps may have not made any big achievment in Monaco other than the Champions League Final. But he took Monaco to a new level after he took charge of them. He turned things around, Monaco were in very bad shape when he came along. Within a season or two Monaco were back in the top teams in France and competing for titles in France. And in their Champions League campaign 2 seasons ago he proved his tactical abilities by beating 2 teams that were clearly on a higher level than them (Real Madrid and Chelsea). I'm not saying that he's a good option right now (Monaco have a consistency problem), but in a few seasons time when Capello leaves he'll have matured enough and gained enough experience to take over at Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by JuventusFan ] ++
Deschamps may have not made any big achievment in Monaco other than the Champions League Final. But he took Monaco to a new level after he took charge of them. He turned things around, Monaco were in very bad shape when he came along. Within a season or two Monaco were back in the top teams in France and competing for titles in France. And in their Champions League campaign 2 seasons ago he proved his tactical abilities by beating 2 teams that were clearly on a higher level than them (Real Madrid and Chelsea). I'm not saying that he's a good option right now (Monaco have a consistency problem), but in a few seasons time when Capello leaves he'll have matured enough and gained enough experience to take over at Juve.
Well, that is indeed true, Deschamps was able to turn Monaco into a title-contender and Champions League Finalist within just two years of his first day as a coach. That must say something about the man. However as you stated his side does have a problem with consistency, and that is one of the aspects I would be concerned about with Didier taking the helm.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Thats why you need to post more, cause most other people talk crap...

Juve play boring, Wenger is attacking coach...they dont work...and those of you having dilusions about 1 day Juve being attacking, your a fool.
Juve play 'boring' football because that's how Capello wants us to play. If you don't think our style of play would change with the introduction of a new coach such as Wenger or Deschamps you're the fool.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sebastian ] ++
the best coach after capello would be Guus Hiddink ;)
I very much so agree, he turns every team into a winning team. Other than that, i'd like Benitez too.

Though at least for the upcoming 2 seasons we're set with Capello, luckily.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Playing attacking football is nice and all, but if you never win anything with it the fans won't be too happy. Capello has made an iron defense top priority, but at least we play nicer football then Chelsea.

Wenger's tactics only work in the Premier League. Hiddink is approaching the end of his career as a coach, so I think Deschamps is the most likely to be Capello's succesor.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well, that is indeed true, Deschamps was able to turn Monaco into a title-contender and Champions League Finalist within just two years of his first day as a coach. That must say something about the man. However as you stated his side does have a problem with consistency, and that is one of the aspects I would be concerned about with Didier taking the helm.
To be honest, the kind of firepower we're developing within the ranks, id be quite tempted to see what Guus Hiddink would be able to do. Honestly, id prefer him to Didier. Top of my list though, if Lippi doesnt return and Capello leaves, would be Luca Vialli.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

No, its not. Remember 2002/2003 season?
It wasnt a good season. Overall, juve does play the more solid defensive brand of football. We were never the exciting team. Even under Lippi.

I dont think Capello is a defensive coach, he just makes the best out of what he has, and what he had with us wasn't much, so he just put protecting our goal as an immidiate priority.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
True, in a way Juve affected Capello more than Capello affected Juve,but he had the option to change our team and ask for a hard core OM,he didnt,
Cap knows the power of the defence and he knows Juve may excel in this

rainhard

May 5, 2004
team with attractive football in italy is AC Milan...

they play attacking football. they have deep playmaker like pirlo.
creativity in kaka. and they have sheva.

but with our play. they cant beat us twice.

hehehe and the fact is we hold them then we trash them out in their home.
with our "boring" play.

but if we can trash them out twice with attacking and attractive football ..that would be very nice.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by JuventusFan ] ++
The fact remains he is still waiting for a trophy (yes, aside from Coupe de la ligue). I like Deschamps but I'm still not convinced about his ability as a coach. At Juve there are no second chances.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Cap to swap positions with Lippi?

there is nothing to worry about,
in the worst case we will use the prooven Lippi solution
if we dont find smth better

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Why ?dont you like Lippi?

Me personally I wouldnt mind but I would prefer somebody new to inject new ideas. But Lippi was great for us during the last decade, he just needed to get away and freshen up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)