Wenger Future Juve Manager? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
I always thought that Arsenal was such a loyal club. With Wenger, Vieira and Cole all wanting to leave in the near future I guess I was wrong...

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Thats why you need to post more, cause most other people talk crap...

Juve play boring, Wenger is attacking coach...they dont work...and those of you having dilusions about 1 day Juve being attacking, your a fool.
:LOL:

Juventus is only boring (i suppose you mean defensive) because Capello chooses to play that way. Of course it could work, its just switching coaches.

Anyway, Arsene Wenger has the best eye for talent in the world. No questions asked.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
For the fans who want to see Juventus actually play some entertaining football, Arsene Wenger is the man for the job. For eveybody else who wants to see Juventus win the Champions League, they are saying "hell no" to this ridiculous proposition.

While it's obvious Wenger's attacking football works in the fast-paced, high-powered straight 4 midfield EPL, I have doubts over whether it will be successful in the Serie A with midfields that have a lot of depth, and of course we really do not have a squad worthy of playing that type of football. The slower pace of the Champions League has not really helped Arsenal's cause, playing rather foolishly against Bayern this past February. Wenger is the mastermind of Arsenal's European failures in recent times. Could he somehow change that for the better with an Italian team? I'm not quite sure and I'm not sure at all Wenger would be the right type of manager for Juventus.

However if we are guarenteed the same quality of football as Arsenal in the EPL with Arsene at the helm of Juventus, that would be an exciting proposition. But that's IF.

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
I think Wenger would be a good option after Capello leaves us, in case Deschamps isn't available.

Wenger has a lot of good qualities that would make him a very suitable option for Juve. First, he's good in spotting potential stars and knows how to make them make it into the first team. That would be great for Juve since they aren't big spenders, so buying youngsters while they're still cheap and turning them into stars would work perfectly. Plus he always knows how to motivate the team (Except when Man U came back from behind to win the Premiership a couple of seasons ago). Juve are known for their hard-working mentality.

But I'm not saying he'll be an instant success like Capello or Lippi. Despite the fact that he's a good tactician, but he needs to improve to be able to compete in a league like the Serie A. But managing in such a tactically challenging league will help him improve as a manager. He may have a rough start. But he would do well when he adapts.

Wenger would be a good option, but I still prefer Deschamps.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by JuventusFan ] ++

Wenger would be a good option, but I still prefer Deschamps.
What has Deschamps done to make us sure we have picked a good manager? Reaching the Champions League Final is a great accomplishment, however I still have my doubts over his abilities. He just has not impressed me enough to hand over the keys to our Ferrari.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)