Well thats that (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Nope, never heard of the place, but know where Market Street is. The thing is that I went to High School in Potomac, Marlyand, and i go to college in Rockville, so i don't know frederick that good, I usually hand around Potomac, D.C/Georgetown. I go to the hukkah bar like ever week! And the other thing is that I don't drink, so i really don't keep check of where the pubs or bars are. But that's awsome that he lets you guys drink 'cause you won for him LOL. :D Really shows how country this plays is

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah Frederick is indeed a nice place. I used to live there myself. The city is growing rapidly now, and the burbs are growing. Downtown is a very nice place.

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by iBianconeri ] ++
Nope, never heard of the place, but know where Market Street is. The thing is that I went to High School in Potomac, Marlyand, and i go to college in Rockville, so i don't know frederick that good, I usually hand around Potomac, D.C/Georgetown. I go to the hukkah bar like ever week! And the other thing is that I don't drink, so i really don't keep check of where the pubs or bars are. But that's awsome that he lets you guys drink 'cause you won for him LOL. :D Really shows how country this plays is
What High School?

Was it the Heights?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Yeah Frederick is indeed a nice place. I used to live their myself. The city is growing rapidly now, and the burbs are growing. Downtown is a very nice place.
definatley man! Real estate prices have gone up sooo much here, it's crazy. It's like Urbana, been there?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

definatley man! Real estate prices have gone up sooo much here, it's crazy. It's like Urbana, been there?
Real estate prices appreciated on average by 800% since 1981.

But during the next 12 months they will go down by at least 25%

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

hmm...i guess. but the economy is so fvcked up right now:confused:
I am basing my ideas on the following:

The Fed raised interest rates yet again by 0.25% and they now reached 2.75%. As the US economy is expanding, Alan Greenspan will keep raising the rates, and I expect that by the end of this year we will see a more rapid rases.

Many people, when signing a morgage for a house, use variable interest rate, which means that when interest rates are low- they pay less, but when rates go up, they will pay more.

So now, people who bought houses for $400- $700 are paying anywhere between $2,000 and $5000. But as variable rates change- so will their payments. Since their salaries stay the same- they will not be able to afford their houses. Subsequently- they will slowly start to sell them and move into a residence they can afford.

That's what will push the price down. And prices should go down. It is ridiculous that a house you bought for $300k a year ago now costs $700k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)