[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (6 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
LOL to people who thinks this will be a walk in the park for Germany.

Brazil could field it's U17 team and it would be a tough game.

With Neymar injury, pressure is off and these guys will fight like crazy. And they will probably beat the hell out of German players.

Germany has much much more talent. But they definitely haven't been impressive in this WC. Ozil is playing like shit (as a winger mostly), Goetze is shit (I tend to think he's overrated). The only one playing well in their offensive end is Muller. They are without their best offensive player as well, something which is being overlooked. Reus was by a mile the most in form player they had.

Defense is slow as fuck.

But they still are much more talented. I see this as a 50-50 game. It will be tight for sure. But could go for any of them.

If Scolari decides to put 3 DMs/CMs in Gustavo, Paulinho and Fernandinho, with Oscar, Hulk and Fred upfront - I don't like it. He'll call Germany to our pitch, letting them doing the tiki taka bullshit.

Brazil needs to keep the tactics, remain overly aggressive, and let William play exactly in the same tactic function of Neymar. The team must remain aggressive. If tactics change and they push back to seek for counters, letting Germans play their game, chances are much lower IMO. It's a 50-50 with William in the starting 11.
I think the same way pretty much. Brazil does have to be aggressive from the get go or we're done for. And when the chances come we simply can't afford to lose them.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Reus being injured was such a big letdown for Germany. He'd have made that team so much better yet no one really mentions him. Maybe because Germany has a lot I'd players in that position but imo Reus is levels above the rest of the Germans.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So the man who scored and assisted more than half of Argentina's goals is the reason they are $#@!?

I know a lot of biased bs is spouted on football forums, its what you come to expect really, but I'd love to hear this one.
im pretty sure, and really hope, he is talking about the team's likeability, guess he doesnt like messi
what x said

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
World Cup is a homosexual abomination - Russian priest

Alexander Shumsky, a Christianity figure, has controversially slammed the haircuts and multi-coloured boots adorned by players in Brazil this summer
The World Cup is "a homosexual abomination", according to one angry Russian priest, who says male footballers may as well wear women's underwear and bras.

Orthodox Christianity religious figure Alexander Shumsky came out with the controversial stance against the biggest single event sporting competition as it reaches the semi-final stage.

Although most people might see the different types and colours of boots adorned by footballers as a good variety, Shumsky slammed the choice of footwear and claims that liberals are trying to drown traditional Christianity with football.

"Wearing pink and blue shoes is like wearing women's underwear or wearing a bra," he ranted on Christian website Russian People's Line.

"The liberal ideology of globalisation is opposed to Christian values with football. I'm sure of it."

The pink and blue boots which Shumsky is referring to are PUMA Tricks, which were released shortly before the tournament and were worn in South American this summer by the likes of Italy's Mario Balotelli, Spain's Cesc Fabregas and Brazil's Dante.

Russia, coached by Fabio Capello, were unable to scrape out of Group H and were sent packing early in the tournament but Shumsky is delighted that his compatriots made a swift exit.

"I am glad that Russia were eliminated and, by God's grace, no longer participate in this homosexual abomination that is the World Cup."

The Russian priest even took offence at footballers' haircuts, branding them "unthinkable" during his controversial rant.

Fifa will be hoping that Shumsky represents a tiny minority of Russians as the nation will be hosting the World Cup in four years' time.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/3790/wo...exual-abomination-russian-priest?CMPID=ENSony

Ok then...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Germany, despite missing better players then Brazil, should still win this within the first half, if they approach with the correct mindset.

Just open the gas from the first second, and purge'm

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
So the man who scored and assisted more than half of Argentina's goals is the reason they are shit?

I know a lot of biased bs is spouted on football forums, its what you come to expect really, but I'd love to hear this one.
You should see Zach, he just won't admit that Messi is great.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
We met a few Argentinian fans a few days back and it was really funny to see how unsatisfied/pissed they were with Messi's performance so far in the world cup. A couple of them even disliked him :lol:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
We met a few Argentinian fans a few days back and it was really funny to see how unsatisfied/pissed they were with Messi's performance so far in the world cup. A couple of them even disliked him :lol:
He hasn't been that good, but you can say it about all the big players (I'm comparing them with their club performances here)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm pretty sure and i'm sure you are too, that those were not a representative sample of Argentines, it would seem quite safe to assume that he'd probably be a fan favorite back in Argentina.

the criticism that he isn't playing well by his standards is most definitely warranted, that goes to show how high his standards are though, because he has single handedly decided most of Argentina's games in this WC, sure he doesn't show up for most of the game, but those moments of magic at the end are what has got Argentina this far, I think it would be safe to say, nobody can argue with that.

I don't understand whats so hard about giving a player the credit he deserves, and then going on to slant him and say you hate him. The two aren't mutually exclusive, you can hate a player and still give credit where its due.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)