[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (9 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
There is usually a surprise or two in the 2'nd round (there have already been massive shocks with both Spain and Italy being eliminated in the group stages).

Since Brazil, Holland, Colombia, and Costa Rica all won their games (as they were expected to), everything is going according to script. I don't see Germany or France slipping up, and Switzerland will fight to the death against the Argies, but come up short. Murica will dispose of Belgium, and that is my prediction for surprise of the round.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Even when your dark horse is out and Argentina will win it?
I don't really care who wins it and my dark horse did pretty well and confirmed my prediction that they were a fantastic team.

You on the other hand, go out there having no opinion about anything just laughing at others. Way to go, great attitude.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Matches were played in the heart of the Amazon rainforest, which fyi is a jungle. Frankly I don't get it why are the USA members here so sensitive when one calls Brazil a jungle, but all of you act way too defensive to the point where you threat with infractions if I call Brazil a jungle one more time. You can tie a ribbon around your hypocrisy and take it to the China and Sochi Olympics threads, and the comments the same US members were leaving there about the host countries.
Just keep it in mind when your comments get you infractions. You know exactly what you said and what you did. If anything, it's trolling and we all know that's against the rules. It's funny the first couple of times but weeks later we have to put a stop to it. Kind of like when posters get excited in the off season and start gumming up threads with nonsense making them unreadable for some members. You can make this a nationalistic thing if you want, but it's not. It's a "let's make the world cup thread less annoying thing".

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,633
    Germany will win the trophy.
    OK, we've heard it here first. We can all go home now.

So what else is on TV these days to watch? No point watching this tournament anymore. :D

Like it or not this World Cup has been amazing from the very first beginning. Actually a perfect indication for how great a tournament is going is the amount of bullshit that starts to fly around Juventuz. And quite honestly, recently there is almost nothing but bullshit....and butthurt but I guess those two come hand in hand.....what the fuck was that last phrase??
    I'm not entirely sure what you said, Jack, but I 100% agree with you.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Just keep it in mind when your comments get you infractions. You know exactly what you said and what you did. If anything, it's trolling and we all know that's against the rules. It's funny the first couple of times but weeks later we have to put a stop to it. Kind of like when posters get excited in the off season and start gumming up threads with nonsense making them unreadable for some members. You can make this a nationalistic thing if you want, but it's not. It's a "let's make the world cup thread less annoying thing".
    That's an America-centric view. If you infract "Brazil is a jungle" comments, you must start infracting "Fuck Milan and Barbara Berlusconi in the ass" comments, because they are seen as trolling by the minority of members here.
    So far only the Brazilian member and the bunch of Americans are being sensitive when I criticize the World Cup. I will, of course, continue doing it, the same way I'll criticize Qatar in 8 years, and you won't mind it then. Feel free to show weakness and use mod powers when someone says Fuck Liverpool or Brazil is a jungle.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
    #FRA LINE-UP: Lloris (c), Debuchy, Evra, Varane, Cabaye, Valbuena, Giroud, Benzema, Matuidi, Pogba, Koscielny

#NGA LINE-UP: Enyeama, Yobo (c), Ambrose, Musa, Odemwingie, Emenike, Mikel, Moses, Oshaniwa, Onazi, Omeruo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)