[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (20 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Just for the record I don't care that European teams, bar the ones I cheered for, were knocked out and all this Europe vs SA bs is getting ridiculous. I for one would like Columbia to win it, they play nice, never have triumphed and have plenty of Serie a players. But the simple fact is that climate was extremely unfavorable for most teams coming from Europe, giving certain teams unfair advantage, overcompensating lack of talent of some others. Might be one of the reasons for relatively poor showing, but not the only one and still there were most European teams in the second round. Standard of officiating was poor and have been decisive factor in many outcomes (I am referring to all teams here), long and exhausting season for European clubs, etc... This WC has been entertaining thus far though.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Wait so let's make this clear, Robben said sorry for his first dive, don't confuse it with the penalty one which was a clear PK, just like the one where he nearly got sandwiched, Mexico did a great job and let us try and dictate the game after Dos Santos scored. You could clearly see that Mexico got confused when Depay came in and we played 4-3-3 and later 4-4-2.
Herrera can suck it, let him watch the replays of those fouls and see if he will say sorry about his earlier comments. It's not like the ref didn't gave them FK's for his players diving and faking fouls.
If Mexico had a quality striker they would have won this. They were one of the most entertaining teams ive seen on this World Cup, props for them.
Quater final! Hopefully with Nigel de Jong!

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
France and Germany to go through, and do so comfortably. I think Nigeria will be slightly tricky, but i expect France to make it past them easily in the end.

France 3-0 Nigeria
Germany 4-0 Algeria

Sets up the biggest match of the WC so far in the Quarter Finals - France vs Germany.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Wait so let's make this clear, Robben said sorry for his first dive, don't confuse it with the penalty one which was a clear PK, just like the one where he nearly got sandwiched, Mexico did a great job and let us try and dictate the game after Dos Santos scored. You could clearly see that Mexico got confused when Depay came in and we played 4-3-3 and later 4-4-2.
Herrera can suck it, let him watch the replays of those fouls and see if he will say sorry about his earlier comments. It's not like the ref didn't gave them FK's for his players diving and faking fouls.
If Mexico had a quality striker they would have won this. They were one of the most entertaining teams ive seen on this World Cup, props for them.
Quater final! Hopefully with Nigel de Jong!

Let's hope De Jong makes it, rumours have it that he's sustained a groin injury. Hopefully that's not that case, as that would mean he'd be out of the tournament.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't really need de Jong to beat Virtus Lanciano, or however they call those amateurs you're facing in the quarters.
This might be true, but players like Daley Blind are Catania material at most..

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Let's hope De Jong makes it, rumours have it that he's sustained a groin injury. Hopefully that's not that case, as that would mean he'd be out of the tournament.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope he is out. He is the main guy in Netherlands, Blind had a horrible game yesterday replacing him. I hope Costa can make a miracle.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Don't worry, after today those comments will be worth an infraction.
Matches were played in the heart of the Amazon rainforest, which fyi is a jungle. Frankly I don't get it why are the USA members here so sensitive when one calls Brazil a jungle, but all of you act way too defensive to the point where you threat with infractions if I call Brazil a jungle one more time. You can tie a ribbon around your hypocrisy and take it to the China and Sochi Olympics threads, and the comments the same US members were leaving there about the host countries.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
You don't really need de Jong to beat Virtus Lanciano, or however they call those amateurs you're facing in the quarters.
Let's just say i feel alot safer with him on the pitch, Blind can't block and tackle like Nigel does.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's what vGaal said, hopefully it's better news later on today.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Matches were played in the heart of the Amazon rainforest, which fyi is a jungle. Frankly I don't get it why are the USA members here so sensitive when one calls Brazil a jungle, but all of you act way too defensive to the point where you threat with infractions if I call Brazil a jungle one more time. You can tie a ribbon around your hypocrisy and take it to the China and Sochi Olympics threads, and the comments the same US members were leaving there about the host countries.
Qatar :weee:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Just goes to show the comical stupidity of fandom throughout the world, very similar to Americans and their stupid NFL seasons. Same type of thing.

But I will say the Europeans have the WORST sense of entitlement I have ever seen in world football. They think their wins should be set in stone. If not, switch the hosts back to Europe.

And for that very reason, I hope all European teams are knocked the fuuck out.

If only Croatia had butt hurt Boban the jungle slayer on the team.

That's the worst post I have seen thus far. I think the whole European Union nonsense has gone to your heads and you should stop following international football.

Here you are, a Belgian, supporting Italy, advocating that Europeans should cheer for rival nations. Then ya wish the US beats Belgium.

Why am I wasting my time, you are clearly not mentally sound.
I dont wish it, but belgium will go out vs argentina, and the USA might not. Its called looking at the bigger picture

- - - Updated - - -

Hope he is out. He is the main guy in Netherlands, Blind had a horrible game yesterday replacing him. I hope Costa can make a miracle.
Yeah, lets not hope that.

Holland to crush team lucky

- - - Updated - - -

that should be a classic, although I wouldn't mind a Brazil-Argentina final one bit, either.
Argentina brazil can be the little final.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Let's just say i feel alot safer with him on the pitch, Blind can't block and tackle like Nigel does.

Yeah that's what vGaal said, hopefully it's better news later on today.

Blind can't block at all, he was like a non moving pillar yesterday, did he even have one successful block tackle?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Like it or not this World Cup has been amazing from the very first beginning. Actually a perfect indication for how great a tournament is going is the amount of bullshit that starts to fly around Juventuz. And quite honestly, recently there is almost nothing but bullshit....and butthurt but I guess those two come hand in hand.....what the fuck was that last phrase??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)