[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (20 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
yes every team will have an mvp, whose absence is felt more than others', but you have to admit teams in the past had a lot more talent, than now, just look at this team look how fucking stacked this dutch team is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#Netherlands
:agree: Teams are so lacking in talent at this time, bar Germany and France funnily enough. Obvioulsy teams like Colombia have good talent coming through but the majority dont.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
like i said i blame the EPL :p
I am fine with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4600176 said:
Argentina, France, Germany, Brazil, Belgium, Spain, Colombia, Chile, Mexico are very talented squads
France are talented but they don't come close to French squads of the past, Germany have a good squad, Brazil don't come close once again (watch them play, horrid), Belgium have a bit of a golden generation currently, Spain still have a good team one of the best they've had. But overall you cannot deny that the quality has gone down.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4600169 said:
no, they had balanced squad with few star players but many players from that squad were from brazilian serie a, they were not even playing in the europe, while now their team is full of players that play here, most of them are stars in their teams, you can't write them off just because some american-brazilian said so
Oscar, Willian - Chelsea
Hulk - Zenit
Neymar - Barcelona
Silva, Luiz - PSG
and so on

now look at their 94 roster and you will understand what i mean
Luiz can't defend to save his life, Hulk is overrated as fuck, Oscar and Willian don't come close to the talent Brazil have had in the past. Granted they are good players.

- - - Updated - - -

Defensively teams are terrible now.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Undserved defeat. Greece was better throughout the course of the match. We had some classic chances to get the lead, but Costa Rica's GK is a beast this year. We could make that 2-1 and qualify. Anyway, i keep that great appearance for my nation, we played good football against CR and Ivory Coast, not defensive as always. That shows the quality of the team.
After that, we can make a new start, with Ranieri and a younger team without Karagounis, Gekas, Katsouranis etc.
The fact that we were in that stage, is a success. Nobody can blame that team, ''did not deserved to be there''. We demonstrated ourselves!
I'm with you, bro.

Mar 9, 2006
I am fine with that.

- - - Updated - - -

France are talented but they don't come close to French squads of the past, Germany have a good squad, Brazil don't come close once again (watch them play, horrid), Belgium have a bit of a golden generation currently, Spain still have a good team one of the best they've had. But overall you cannot deny that the quality has gone down.

- - - Updated - - -

Luiz can't defend to save his life, Hulk is overrated as fuck, Oscar and Willian don't come close to the talent Brazil have had in the past. Granted they are good players.

- - - Updated - - -

Defensively teams are terrible now.
And Cesar Sampaio was a beast?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#Brazil
for example

Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Cafu, Carlos, Ronaldinho, Gilberto Silva, Edmilson - okay, they were stars
what about Luizao, Edilson, Vampeta, Juninho Paulista, Belletti, Ricardinho, Marcos, Anderson Polga? They were beasts or what? They are better than Hulk, Silva and so on? you've gotta be kidding me

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Deschamps will be a good successor to Conte.

In a serious note. Would you guys qualify this Mexican side as the one to put the best performance in Mexico's history on the World Cup?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Deschamps will be a good successor to Conte.

In a serious note. Would you guys qualify this Mexican side as the one to put the best performance in Mexico's history on the World Cup?
From what I've seen, this is the Mexico side I've been most impressed with. Were able to make it past a group they weren't expected to, and almost took a win against Netherlands. But then again, I don't remember much from previous Mexico teams. Losing to Maradona's Argentina is kinda embarrassing so I'd definitely say they're better than four years ago.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Juventino[RUS];4600150 said:
It's all depend on about which team you talking about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#Brazil

You want to tell me that Brazil 94 is better side than current brazil? Look at these names - Aldair, Bebeto, Romario, Cafu, Taffarel, Dunga are icons, okay, but now they have Neymar, Hulk, Willian, Bernard, Oscar, Lucas, or fucking Branco is better than Luis Gustavo? Or Mazinho is better player than Willian? of course not, the truth is that people will always idolize winners and compare them with current generation with is unfair a priori because to win the world you should collect very complicated puzzle
What? Come on Rus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)