[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (12 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
especiallay france 98, that team was stacked, coulda prolly won without zidane
All those teams in the past were stacked with pure talent. There's simply no comparison to National teams today, again except Germany and Maybe Spain.

I'm assuming RUS started watching Football not too long ago and gets all excited and delighted over the simplest of basic football stuff some players can pull off. It's cute.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Juventino[RUS];4600144 said:
And Colombia can win it without Falcao, and France without Ribery, and Italy won it without Nesta etc. etc. i just only tried to open his eyes because of his rubbish statement
yes every team will have an mvp, whose absence is felt more than others', but you have to admit teams in the past had a lot more talent, than now, just look at this team look how fucking stacked this dutch team is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#Netherlands

Mar 9, 2006
All those teams in the past were stacked with pure talent. There's simply no comparison to National teams today, again except Germany and Maybe Spain.

I'm assuming RUS started watching Football not too long ago and gets all excited and delighted over the simplest of basic football stuff some players can pull off. It's cute.
you are just living in the past, time to wake up, it's 21st century and it's beautiful football

- - - Updated - - -

you are just living in the past, time to wake up, it's 21st century and it's beautiful football

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

i blame the EPL :p

Mar 9, 2006
yes every team will have an mvp, whose absence is felt more than others', but you have to admit teams in the past had a lot more talent, than now, just look at this team look how fucking stacked this dutch team is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#Netherlands
It's all depend on about which team you talking about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#Brazil

You want to tell me that Brazil 94 is better side than current brazil? Look at these names - Aldair, Bebeto, Romario, Cafu, Taffarel, Dunga are icons, okay, but now they have Neymar, Hulk, Willian, Bernard, Oscar, Lucas, or fucking Branco is better than Luis Gustavo? Or Mazinho is better player than Willian? of course not, the truth is that people will always idolize winners and compare them with current generation with is unfair a priori because to win the world you should collect very complicated puzzle

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Look up 74', 78', 86'/88' and 94' as well. Compare it today's Netherlands. Do the same for the other nations mentioned above.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4600150 said:
It's all depend on about which team you talking about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#Brazil

You want to tell me that Brazil 94 is better side than current brazil? Look at these names - Aldair, Bebeto, Romario, Cafu, Taffarel, Dunga are icons, okay, but now they have Neymar, Hulk, Willian, Bernard, Oscar, Lucas, or fucking Branco is better than Luis Gustavo? Or Mazinho is better player than Willian? of course not, the truth is that people will always idolize winners and compare them with current generation with is unfair a priori because to win the world you should collect very complicated puzzle
I'm dying :lol: :lol: This is too good. Beyond good.

Mar 9, 2006
for your own good delete that post ASAP :D you will get super flamed otherwise
nope, Brazil 94 were extremely criticized in Brazil because of their style of play - basically they were playing like defend-minded italians but who remember this since they won the title, now they are idols, who remember that brazilian generation of Zico and Socrates won nothing in 20 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Look up 74', 78', 86'/88' and 94' as well. Compare it today's Netherlands. Do the same for the other nations mentioned above.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm dying :lol: :lol: This is too good. Beyond good.
Brazil 94 were highly criticized at home, it's a well known fact, how can you don't know it since you are brazilian? god :sergio:

Mar 9, 2006
So, brazilian doesn't know history of his own national team, amazing :lol: what a noob :lol: you just hit the rock bottom :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: My god, RUS :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm literally dying of laughter. Bernard, Lucas, Willian, Hulk... :lol:
no-no, Mazinho, Ricardo Rocha, Ronaldão, Mauro Silva, Viola, Zinho, Márcio Santos are much better players than Hulk, Willian, David Luiz, Thiago Silva etc. :lol: :lol:

And i wonder what you would say about Brazil NT in 80s when they had legends like Zico and Socrates but won nothing :lol: I bet you would describe them as poor generation of the players too :lol:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The best part is this:

European before their team is eliminated, watching the likes of Spain, England, etc., fall: "This is the best World Cup ever!"

European after their team too is eliminated: "This is the worst World
Just goes to show the comical stupidity of fandom throughout the world, very similar to Americans and their stupid NFL seasons. Same type of thing.

But I will say the Europeans have the WORST sense of entitlement I have ever seen in world football. They think their wins should be set in stone. If not, switch the hosts back to Europe.

And for that very reason, I hope all European teams are knocked the fuuck out.

That's funny because Greece didn't seem to have any problems playing in the jungle. The only thing that let em down was their finishing and the fact some of their players aren't very smart.
If only Croatia had butt hurt Boban the jungle slayer on the team.

Its time the latina fagbags and colonists here stop playing the victim so much.

Yeah, the weather conditions are favoring you.
No, we dont want new small countrys to be near the final
NO, WE DONT WANT BRAZIL VS ARGENTINA IN THE FINAL
And yeah, we prefer to see our neighbouring country's we get along with doing well

Can the victim role stop now ? "Everyone is against us" is a Napoli thing.
That's the worst post I have seen thus far. I think the whole European Union nonsense has gone to your heads and you should stop following international football.

Here you are, a Belgian, supporting Italy, advocating that Europeans should cheer for rival nations. Then ya wish the US beats Belgium.

Why am I wasting my time, you are clearly not mentally sound.

Mar 9, 2006
Is RUS really saying the current Brazil is better than 94?
no, they had balanced squad with few star players but many players from that squad were from brazilian serie a, they were not even playing in the europe, while now their team is full of players that play here, most of them are stars in their teams, you can't write them off just because some american-brazilian said so
Oscar, Willian - Chelsea
Hulk - Zenit
Neymar - Barcelona
Silva, Luiz - PSG
and so on

now look at their 94 roster and you will understand what i mean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)