[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (9 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

From Pogba's twitter. :D That's so fucking cool, those are typical things from Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil. His mom is drinking Chimarrão which is a mate, a yerba kind of mate.

He's barbecuing his meat which we call Churrasco, real meat not the shitty American BBQs with hot dogs and such crap. And his brother is dressed as a Gaúcho, a native from those lands.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
English dickheads commenting on sites such as The Guardian are saying that England were the better team and deserved to win :lol:

Seriously, not only arrogant and ignorant, but mentally retarded as well. Most biased dickheads in the world

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

From Pogba's twitter. :D That's so fucking cool, those are typical things from Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil. His mom is drinking Chimarrão which is a mate, a yerba kind of mate.

He's barbecuing his meat which we call Churrasco, real meat not the shitty American BBQs with hot dogs and such crap. And his brother is dressed as a Gaúcho, a native from those lands.
Yeah bro, because ribs and medium rare steaks are crap meat. South America is famous for eating spam during special occasions. SPAM! Even the name sucks.

Rufio

Nov 24, 2012
So many BBQs this weekend, I can barely lift my arm anymore my muscles and arteries are clogged with meat.

Father's Day tomorrow, my dad wants a BBQ I'm gonna have a heart attack.

I think I need to water everything down with beer.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
So, what are the rules in the group stage? After all the games if two teams have equal points? Goal difference or direct matches?

Also, Forza Italia.

Costa Rica are playing very well. Campbell is a beast.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
all that stuff sounds and looks argentinian :p
South Brazil and Argentina/Uruguay are very much alike, culturally speaking.

Yeah bro, because ribs and medium rare steaks are crap meat. South America is famous for eating spam during special occasions. SPAM! Even the name sucks.
Compared to this they are. American BBQ suck balls. This is a real Churrasco, not fucking hot dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Never ate SPAM in my life. In fact i've never known any Brazilian/South American who eats it. We're not too big on frozen/canned food. But i know who is :klin:

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,957
    we're out of smoked meat.
    If you've got a cigarette, I can drop trou.

Btw, we have churrascos in the U.S.

English dickheads commenting on sites such as The Guardian are saying that England were the better team and deserved to win :lol:

Seriously, not only arrogant and ignorant, but mentally retarded as well. Most biased dickheads in the world
    They can believe what they want all the way to elimination. :D

South Brazil and Argentina/Uruguay are very much alike, culturally speaking.
    How some of the Argies use the "sh" sound for the Spanish "y" (or "ll") seems very Portuguese to me.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
    Btw, we have churrascos in the U.S.

How some of the Argies use the "sh" sound for the Spanish "y" (or "ll") seems very Portuguese to me.
    Yes you do but it's just not a popular thing like it is in those countries. When you think America you don't think Churrasco, you think ribs, hot dogs and hamburgers.

They do indeed. The accent came from all the Italian that migrated there. Sounds nothing like Portuguese tbh :D

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think you ever had ribs either ;)
    Oh i did, and homemade. I didn't say it wasn't delicious, it is. ;) But that was not my point.

my point is that your popular Sunday BBQ is nothing like the South Americans do. In ours you get to eat all kinds of meat and real sausage.

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,960
    Most hot dogs and hamburgers in the U.S. are made on grills, not BBQs. There's a deliberate reason for that too. In the case of hamburgers, letting the fat drip out on a BBQ dries them out.

(You should also know that in many places in the U.S., BBQ is not the cooking device but rather the sauce and marinade on how grilled meats are prepared. North Carolina BBQ being a prime example.)

But when an Argie says "mi llamo" and it sounds like "mi shamo", that's how you'd say it in Portuguese.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)