[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (8 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The only WCs Australia have played in the last 20 years were 2006 and 2010 and so far we are better than 2010. Not to mention we pushed Chile all the way and put them to the sword in the second half, too bad we couldn't finish some chances. Their keeper did a cracking save on Bresciano.

physically you raped them, but i mean the technical level of this australian team from what i have seen in this game is just abysmal. Maybe it's the WC jitters, but if they play like this the rest of the games they will be in a world of hurt imo

- - - Updated - - -

exaggerated a bit but not by a mile, imo. Yet I am trying to figure out how this Aussie team was somehow good enough a litmus test for Sanchez' qualities ;)
read above, being physical will challenge you on the defensive end, but helps little offensively unless it's dead ball situations

Buy on AliExpress.com

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
physically you raped them, but i mean the technical level of this australian team from what i have seen in this game is just abysmal. Maybe it's the WC jitters, but if they play like this the rest of the games they will be in a world of hurt imo

- - - Updated - - -

read above, being physical will challenge you on the defensive end, but helps little offensively unless it's dead ball situations
let's not over do it there, a poor team is poor, no two ways about it. Just like Celtic a couple years ago - they had only catenaccio and deadball siuations to give them some sort of a chance but would get exposed otherwise.
This was a poor Aussie team even by Aussie standards and even then Chile won mostly because they took advantage of the initial stages of the game when the Aussies were still finding their footing.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Australia has never been a very technical team but some players have decent ability like Bresciano, Cahill and Leckie. This team is very inexperienced too at top level so that's probably why we conceded 2 goals so quick. A lot have never played in a WC match before.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What about the WC rights? They should be left alone as long as the individuals are punished?
Yeah. Punishing Qatar by stripping them of the World Cup would punish an entire economy with an endless list of construction companies, hotels and other businesses that have already invested heavily in this. Punishing a whole economy for individuals' mistakes is far from just.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
vidal w fuckn wreck aus
I just have to root for the Aussies because of obvious reasons.
@Bianconero_Aus @ZoSo
man those bogans cheer for gli azzurri, they coudlnt give 2 shits about prisonland
Deep down below, they do.
zoso might cheer for australia coz hes a hispster, Aus coz his bogan friends might beat him up otherwise
Aus and Zoso are true patriots that believe in the cause.
yep eyetalians to the core, they got ragu running down their veins
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good banter boys. Love it.

Seriously gutted about that result. Go ahead and flame me, but we didn't deserve to lose that one. Draw would have been the fairest result IMO. Can't believe the progress we've made under Ange with such a young, inexperienced group. It really bodes well for the future.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Way to go Dutchies. Spent the entire afternoon in my office and part of the time in the bar rocking a lisp using words like paella, espana, barcelona, etc. Mexicans apparently love to make fun of spaniards.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but LvG has said on an interview that before the match the Dutch were allowed to take their wives/girlfriends/their kids/whoever they wanted to their rooms. :D

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good banter boys. Love it.

Seriously gutted about that result. Go ahead and flame me, but we didn't deserve to lose that one. Draw would have been the fairest result IMO. Can't believe the progress we've made under Ange with such a young, inexperienced group. It really bodes well for the future.
we had a bad start but overall I think we were the better team,

A draw would have been the fairest result as you said, but we missed a few golden opportunities and there keeper made some good saves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)