[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (10 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
More like 3-4-1-2.
Nah, its 5 midfielders allright.

If we look at it like that, then juve plays more a 3-1-4-2 then holland plays a 3-4-1-2.

2 "slow" AMs (Iniesta and Silva), 3 slow CMs, a half injured CF. perfect opponent for the 3-5-2 :D
Not really. The lads here will tell you that 352 is offcourse winning the center, but sucks down the flanks against double wings
Spain is double wings. And Silva and Iniesta arent really slow, especially Silva.

Half injured CF is a fucking joke, since they could have used llorente

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Now the real question is: are Spain just that bad, or are the Netherlands just that good?
imo, neither. I'd say Spain are worse than probably expected due to complacency and maxing out their cycle, while the NL are better than they've been in a while due to van Gaal's touch ... but for me the 5-1 score is mostly due to this being one of those day.

Spain have more than enough talent to still leave a mark on this WC but would have to dig deep as a team after this fiasco. Same goes for the NL but in their case it would be to avoid getting complacent and staying focused on team work as opposed to individual performances, which usually has been their undoing in such tourneys over the years.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Good result, the aussi's put in a good effort.

People talk as if Chile will get raped by spain... I disagree. They blew alot of energy early on with their fanatic play, and had vidal who hardly trained in a month.
But they'll further adapt to the weather, and i can see that 3man frontline put some serious hurt onto spain's defence, or the pressing on xavi.

Key element will be the free kicks when spain starts diving all over the field. With Ramos and Pique, spain got some strong headers, whilst Chile has shown to be pretty poor in that regard

Yes exactly. The difference is a regista and a trequartista which you should know is a huge difference.
I was comparing how far from the other 4 cm pirlo and sneijder play

Sneijder is closer to the midfield then pirlo is usually

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
what a cracking match, shame about the result though but on a different day we could've gone 2-2 and maybe even to win

- - - Updated - - -

man those bogans cheer for gli azzurri, they coudlnt give 2 shits about prisonland
what are you on about

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
what a cracking match, shame about the result though but on a different day we could've gone 2-2 and maybe even to win

- - - Updated - - -

what are you on about
:lol: nice troll

that australian team was one of the poorest to play in a world cup in the last 20 years, some players couldnt even complete 5 yard passed, physically they are irreproachable, too bad this is not rugby

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

that australian team was one of the poorest to play in a world cup in the last 20 years, some players couldnt even complete 5 yard passed, physically they are irreproachable, too bad this is not rugby
The only WCs Australia have played in the last 20 years were 2006 and 2010 and so far we are better than 2010. Not to mention we pushed Chile all the way and gave them a run for their money in the second half, too bad we couldn't finish some chances. Their keeper did a cracking save on Bresciano.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

exaggerated a bit but not by a mile, imo. Yet I am trying to figure out how this Aussie team was somehow good enough a litmus test for Sanchez' qualities ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)