[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (71 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I'm still smiling from that Netherlands beat down. Omg, fuck you Spain.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously gutted about that result. Go ahead and flame me, but we didn't deserve to lose that one. Draw would have been the fairest result IMO. Can't believe the progress we've made under Ange with such a young, inexperienced group. It really bodes well for the future.
I was really impressed with the Aussies. I thought the match would finish 8-0 after the first 15mins. But they really turned it around and were very dangerous at points. I still think Chile deserved the win, but the Aussies showed a lot of heart.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Their kids?! Those sick Dutch assholes!
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Cahill reveals Chile star admitted cheating

A Chile player admitted to cheating as star-struck Australia suffered stage fright in a 3-1 2014 World Cup loss, Tom Cahill revealed.

The Australia striker said Chile's win in Cuiaba came down to respect: the Socceroos showed their opponents too much and their opponents showed the game none.

Cahill said his marker Gonzalo Jara admitted to cheating in a feisty fixture at the Arena Pantanal.

The pair tangled behind play in a first half incident which led to the Australian copping a yellow card.

"The left back kicked out at me when I was trying to run past him for a cross and I pushed him away - and I got the yellow card," Cahill said.

"I called him a cheat. And he said 'yes, I'm a cheat, so what'.

"That is not gamesmanship ... this needs to be out of the game."

The Australians opened with frayed nerves on football's biggest stage and conceded two goals in three minutes.

Inside a quarter hour the Socceroos were 2-0 down and on the ropes.

Chilean fans, who dominated the 40,275-strong crowd, were soon taunting the Australian players with a mocking 'ole' chant as Chile held a string of possession.

But Cahill, so often the saviour, again came to the rescue.

The expert marksman pegged a goal back with a trademark header in the 35th minute to revive the flagging Socceroos.

And he was a central figure in a second-half Socceroos rally.

Cahill netted another header only to be correctly called offside. And he had an appeal for a penalty rejected after having his shirt obviously pulled.

Both Cahill and Australian coach Ange Postecoglou believed a penalty should have been given.

"We should have probably been awarded a penalty because the only way they could stop him was by holding on to his shirt," Postecoglou said.

Postecoglou conceded his players were "overawed" early.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/477588303131459584

:touched: legend

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,887
    Everyone going crazy over the Dutch.

Remember Euro 2008.

Great to see the Spanish getting dicked though.
    Portugal. :heart: :seven:

(OK, so in 2008 it was Russia, but still...)

Yes, the Netherlands are only as good as the elimination round club that humiliates them for their lack of an organized defense.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Gamemanship? :lol: Is he a kid? Players dive, pretends to be hurt by tackles so the adversary can get booked, waste time when winning. Fair play is the biggest bullshit that Football has ever seen.
    I can see where you are coming from, to mostEuropeans and South Americans, fair play is something that is pretty much laughed at, but Aussies (as well as some of the other British nations) still cling on to values such as FairPlay, sportsmanship, winning the right way etc.

All of it is pretty much tokenism, but I do have to admit that our players rarely partake in the "dark arts" of defending, punching/kicking, bending the rules etc. Hopefully one day we become a bit more street smart in this sense.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
    I can see where you are coming from, to mostEuropeans and South Americans, fair play is something that is pretty much laughed at, but Aussies (as well as some of the other British nations) still cling on to values such as FairPlay, sportsmanship, winning the right way etc.

All of it is pretty much tokenism, but I do have to admit that our players rarely partake in the "dark arts" of defending, punching/kicking, bending the rules etc. Hopefully one day we become a bit more street smart in this sense.
    Maybe the British/British nations still do but not the foreigners that play in their countries. The ELP is just as much a dive/unfairness fest like La Liga and any other league. Football is unfair and corrupt, period.

Maybe Aussie players should spend a couple of years in Argentina and learn their dirty football craft. They're masters. :D

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, i wasn't around when they played and i don't feel like going 100 pages back, did anyone watch Mexico and how they got robbed today?

Wow, Cameroon such a disgusting team paid the referees to disallow not one but 2 goals, bought the world cup. :klin:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Maybe the British/British nations still do but not the foreigners that play in their countries. The ELP is just as much a dive/unfairness fest like La Liga and any other league. Football is unfair and corrupt, period.

Maybe Aussie players should spend a couple of years in Argentina and learn their dirty football craft. They're masters. :D

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, i wasn't around when they played and i don't feel like going 100 pages back, did anyone watch Mexico and how they got robbed today?

Wow, Cameroon such a disgusting team paid the referees to disallow not one but 2 goals, bought the world cup. :klin:
    Agree with you, I think Cahill is being a bit cheeky here, I'm sure he's dived a few times in his career, and done a few things not in the "spirit of the game" I've seen what happens on the field in the Argentinian League LMAO. Funniest shit.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure at that point that everyone other than Fr3sh wanted Mexico to win.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

Dafuq! Cameroon couldn't agree on a bonus staging a protest before boarding the plane & now they are guilty of buying the WC. Did the Cameroonian's outbid the Brazilians?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)