[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (4 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I don't think the penalty was that bad, from his angle it probably looked like he was pulled down.
He was in fact pulled down from his shoulder/arm and there was shirt pulling as well, of course he over exaggerated on his diving. It was too soft, i'd never give a pk for that. That's just regular contact, these kind of penalties are given in SA, not Europe. The referee was on the other side and probably saw the soft pulling. Either way, just a big NO.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Bonucci gave up his Italian citizenship?!

- - - Updated - - -

I remember him have shockers at the Olympics.
To be fair, no one is perfect.

I was feeling bad for Croatia, not anymore. It's on the news that the players "completely destroyed" their locker room after the match.

Now if that WC was being hosted in Europe and South American players had done that there would be nonstop talking about how uneducated and savage they are... :facepalm2:
No sane individual would say that.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

The penalty was piss poor and it did influence the outcome of the game. But overall we didn't deserve much better, it's not like we outplayed Brasil. Perhaps we outpussied them. Let's not forget we were gifted the first goal.

From a tactical standpoint we were clueless and some player choices(Jelavić, Kovačić, Olić) were just mind boggling. We sorely missed Mandzukic and it showed.

I don't understand why people say our keeper was bad though. He had some good saves but overall the goals were difficult to contain. Both goals were precise shots near the post, IMO not easy to stop. Neymar's shot was weak but it was precise, hit the post. Oscar's was an uncomfortable shot from the tip of the foot, again near the post. The penalty save just missed that ounce of luck.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I was feeling bad for Croatia, not anymore. It's on the news that the players "completely destroyed" their locker room after the match.

Now if that WC was being hosted in Europe and South American players had done that there would be nonstop talking about how uneducated and savage they are... :facepalm2:
I'd like to see pictures of that, cause I find it hard to believe anything coming from Brazilian media atm. Probably trying to divert attention from disgraceful officiating last night.

Good teams find ways to overcome the occasional bad ref decisions. I never buy that argument that once a bad ref call is made, the players may as well leave the pitch because the result is therefore preordained.
Yes indeed, it was one bad decision, certainly not a string of poor decisions throughout the game.

Neymar elbowed our players on two occasions, deliberately,
Paulinho's deliberate elbow after which he didn't even get a yellow card,
penalty,
Brazil's 3rd goal was scored after Rakitic had been fauled in the middle,
numerous other situation all around the pitch when he would let the play continue, despite of Modric, Rakitic, Olic and our other players being evidently fauled.

This guy was instructed and he did his best to complete the task.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

He heard that there would be an Oscar at the game...
:lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

My take on the match. I slept at half time in the sofa, Croatia were defending well but the first goal they conceded was very well taken and put Brazil in a momentum to push forward.

Now I watch the highlights of the second and I agree that the penalty was very soft and might have changed the outcome of the match but Croatia were very confused with the ball. Apart from their defending they were lost.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The weaker points of both teams were much more visible than the quality they posses. Brazil attacked very bad, despite having players with poor defensive qualities against them. With Modric and Rakitic staying way too deep and Srna instructed not to leave his half, Croatia robbed itself of its offense, at the expense of putting more men in defense. Still worthless, when your defense is slow and nothing to be proud off quality wise.
The European powerhouses will be too much to handle for this Brazil. For Croatia it's the same as it was prior to the opening match. Passing the group is the maximum.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Brazil got that little bit of luck they deserved for actually trying to play football. Croatia deployed pussy tactics; disciplined in defense, and clueless/toothless in attack. The game is over, so fuck it.

Today's Predictions:

Cameroon 2 vs Mexico 2 (two shite teams cancelling each other out)

Spain 2 vs Holland 1 (Holland try, but they just aren't good enough)

Chile 3 vs Australia 1 (Soccerwhos?! Socceroos. That's right. Not intimidating. Chile to struggle, if Vidal isn't playing. If Vidal is fit and ready, The Wallabies, I mean Kangaroos, don't stand a chance).

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
props to Croatia, Deserved a draw at least. Refs fucked them up big time.

Imagine if brasil lost, financial crisis, riots everywhere!
Tonight your boys better destroy those Spanish twats!

Hup Holland Hup
Laat de leeuw niet in zijn hempie staan
Hup Holland Hup
Trek het beestje geen pantoffels aan
Hup Holland Hup
Laat je uit 't veld niet slaan
Want de leeuw op voetbalschoenen
Durft de hele wereld aan

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Brazil got that little bit of luck they deserved for actually trying to play football. Croatia deployed pussy tactics; disciplined in defense, and clueless/toothless in attack. The game is over, so fuck it.

Today's Predictions:

Cameroon 2 vs Mexico 2 (two shite teams cancelling each other out)

Spain 2 vs Holland 1 (Holland try, but they just aren't good enough)

Chile 3 vs Australia 1 (Soccerwhos?! Socceroos. That's right. Not intimidating. Chile to struggle, if Vidal isn't playing. If Vidal is fit and ready, The Wallabies, I mean Kangaroos, don't stand a chance).
I betted 20euros on the same outcome, Spain 2-1.

Tonight your boys better destroy those Spanish twats!

Hup Holland Hup
Laat de leeuw niet in zijn hempie staan
Hup Holland Hup
Trek het beestje geen pantoffels aan
Hup Holland Hup
Laat je uit 't veld niet slaan
Want de leeuw op voetbalschoenen
Durft de hele wereld aan
Haha B, i hope we do! I'll send you pics of the place i will watch it, it's gonna be an orange madness!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)