[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (17 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Fucking embarassing.... disgraceful start.

This penalty really put me down. The referee lets game go all time, whistle very few fouls... and sees that penalty. LOL. Fred does that 10 times a game in Brazil and not even Brazilian referees known for soft fouls would whistle that. That was ridiculous.

Neymar could have got a red. There was a foul on the 3rd goal. I mean, this was just embarassing. Fuck this shit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mondo1

May 14, 2006
They should put the best refs not one because he aint from Europe or South America...plus if you use goalline cameras u can allow technology alltogether.... I mean how often is there a scene with the ball crossing the goalline? And how often is there a gamechanging scene that has to do with a fake Penalty freekick or not a red card given

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
stretch after stretch after stretch, but i like your last paragraph about technicalities, soon enough the results of the investigation will determine that qatar bribed and cheated its way into being granted the right to host the WC, in which case they would at the very least have the WC hosting rights stripped and hopefully banned from international football for the next 100 years.
That would not be fair. Qatar's football representatives as individuals should be banned for all i care but the nation itself should not be punished. The Fifa folks who received the bribe too should be banned for life.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
That would not be fair. Qatar's football representatives as individuals should be banned for all i care but the nation itself should not be punished. The Fifa folks who received the bribe too should be banned for life.
What about the WC rights? They should be left alone as long as the individuals are punished?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Sarcasm obviously.

As much as I dislike Brazil (for no particular reason), it's not your fault the referee went full retard.
It's not sarcasm. What happened was way too blatant. It was not even slightly doubtful. It was plain and simple bullshit from the very first time you watch the play.

Brazil is historically favoured in WCs, but this was just too much. This wasn't supposed to be victory. I think the japanese guy is a good referee, if you watch him, he is a safe referee during the game, let the game flow well. That's why I think it was rigged.

And it happened in the WC before. Look at South Korea. Look at Argentina in 78. WC games can be rigged, definitely.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If I hadn't seen Japanese refs before I'd agree with you, but they made stupid calls, even Nishimura who is the best.

However I agree in the sense that FIFA deliberately appoint randomiser refs who can change a game, for certain games.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The problem wasn't the ref...the guy is good when he wants to.

This was rigged.
Indeed.

You expect the hosts to get the benefit of any doubt, but there could be no doubt on that penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Brazil play really horrible football.

They get stuck when they are in possession because they don't have a passer in central midfield and the front four don't move well enough to find space and offer easy passes. Oscar and Neymar should drop deep more often to take the ball and make the play instead of leaving it to Paulinho/Gustavo.

I think their system of defence is even worse though.

They basically defend with six players, but they don't retreat and keep space small in the way that a team defending with six typically would.

They get in horrible positions because the fullbacks step forward to defend an area a winger should be in, so a centre-half then has to go wide to cover behind the fullbacks and that leaves them short in the middle. Luis Gustavo would go very deep to cover the space left by the centre-half going wide, but that still meant they only had one central midfielder a lot of the time.

Really horribly unbalanced team all round.

I'd be looking to get Hernanes into the team to play something like a regista and I'd want to drop one of the forwards to get another player in the team who'll work back and not leave the team looking so horribly exposed defensively.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
It's not sarcasm. What happened was way too blatant. It was not even slightly doubtful. It was plain and simple bullshit from the very first time you watch the play.

Brazil is historically favoured in WCs, but this was just too much. This wasn't supposed to be victory. I think the japanese guy is a good referee, if you watch him, he is a safe referee during the game, let the game flow well. That's why I think it was rigged.

And it happened in the WC before. Look at South Korea. Look at Argentina in 78. WC games can be rigged, definitely.
I get your point that FIFA will try to help Brazil as a host at every opportunity, especially now with all those protests going on. (I will not pretend that I understand the situation there, but I agree with those people on the streets)

But still, I can't blame Brazil, like I can't blame Juve for the Muntari's goal.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Today's Predictions:

Cameroon 2 vs Mexico 2 (two shite teams cancelling each other out)

Spain 2 vs Holland 1 (Holland try, but they just aren't good enough)

Chile 3 vs Australia 1 (Soccerwhos?! Socceroos. That's right. Not intimidating. Chile to struggle, if Vidal isn't playing. If Vidal is fit and ready, The Wallabies, I mean Kangaroos, don't stand a chance).
:sergio:
2-0 Cameroon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)