[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (16 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't like Brazil at all, especially that bitch Neymar, but to be saying it's fixed is laughable. Croatia was the better team in my opinion as well, but they weren't clinical enough. They didn't take their chances and in the end they paid. Not to mention the other two goals they conceded weren't unstoppable by any means. They have no one to blame but themselves, even with the dive.
Croatia weren't the "better" team. The first goal they gave up was terrible defending, Oscar tore them to shreds all day long. But Brazil wasn't much better. Definitely showed some liabilities with Alves and Luiz at the back and Paulino in the midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't remember this place being this fired up with all this hatred when Muntari scored that goal. But that was convenient then, wasn't it?
So a neutral supporter cannot express discontent when the official blatantly steers the direction of the game ?

Gol di Muntari, is when we were the fans of the advantage
Today, is where you were the fan of the advantage

Are you fired up with hatred ? Nope, Were we ? Nope

However, Milan and entire italy was, just like kroatia and the entire world is now.

You guys got away, thanks to the ref and that croatian goalkeeper. be happy about it and shut up. Accept people beeing mad because the injustice for croatia.
2 rounds from now everyone will have forgotten

- - - Updated - - -

Oh but they did. A lot of people here did. What the fuck, really. This was the first match of the competition against a Croatia that offered close to nothing offensively, not a final against Argentina. The referee fucked up, end of story. If anyone is to be mad about it its the Croatian people.
I shouldnt care about females getting raped or disgusting warcrimes commited in third world countries and developping regions. If anyone is to be mad, its those people themselves.

You basically just demaned us to be ignorant. Are you sure you stand by that ?

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I don't like Brazil at all, especially that bitch Neymar, but to be saying it's fixed is laughable. Croatia was the better team in my opinion as well, but they weren't clinical enough. They didn't take their chances and in the end they paid. Not to mention the other two goals they conceded weren't unstoppable by any means. They have no one to blame but themselves, even with the dive.
No, they have no one to blame but themselves. They didn't really play well but i can sympathize, i feel their pain. Refereeing fuck ups is not something you want I'd be fuming just as well. In fact we didn't play well either but we took our chances and with a bit of luck (bad goalkeeping/that lost ball) we scored two uninteresting goals.

What pisses me off is people here, say from Australia, losing their marbles and making it sound like we already won it, like we bought it. Fuck if Scolari don't fix that leaking defense we're so getting knocked out.

And of course we'd show it to the whole world how obvious we bought the world cup by doing it in the first match against a team who isn't a contender and should prove to be no problem if it goes through the next stage and confront us again. Are you serious?

- - - Updated - - -

About overall referee incompetence in the biggest competition on the planet? No.
Of course not but to insinuate we bought it because of that pk is utter ridiculous.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
No, they have no one to blame but themselves. They didn't really play well but i can sympathize, i feel their pain. Refereeing fuck ups is not something you want I'd be fuming just as well. In fact we didn't play well either but we took our chances and with a bit of luck (bad goalkeeping/that lost ball) we scored two uninteresting goals.

What pisses me off is people here, say from Australia, losing their marbles and making it sound like we already won it, like we bought it. Fuck if Scolari don't fix that leaking defense we're so getting knocked out.

And of course we'd show it to the whole world how obvious we bought the world cup by doing it in the first match against a team who isn't a contender and should prove to be no problem if it goes through the next stage and confront us again. Are you serious?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not but to insinuate we bought it because of that pk is utter ridiculous.
That is what I'm saying. But at the same time, basically what Zach said: "I shouldnt care about females getting raped or disgusting warcrimes commited in third world countries and developping regions. If anyone is to be mad, its those people themselves."

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
So a neutral supporter cannot express discontent when the official blatantly steers the direction of the game ?

Gol di Muntari, is when we were the fans of the advantage
Today, is where you were the fan of the advantage

Are you fired up with hatred ? Nope, Were we ? Nope

However, Milan and entire italy was, just like kroatia and the entire world is now.

You guys got away, thanks to the ref and that croatian goalkeeper. be happy about it and shut up. Accept people beeing mad because the injustice for croatia.
2 rounds from now everyone will have forgotten

- - - Updated - - -

I shouldnt care about females getting raped or disgusting warcrimes commited in third world countries and developping regions. If anyone is to be mad, its those people themselves.

You basically just demaned us to be ignorant. Are you sure you stand by that ?
I got just as mad about that Muntari goal as i did today even though i was the fan of the advantage in both occasions. I don't like this kind of winning, i don't care if it's in my teams favor or against it, it just doesn't feel right. Fuck that referee.

And what i meant by the Croatian having the right to be mad wasn't what it sounded like. I meant they should be and probably are twice as angry as you and i. They're the ones who got hurt. Not you or I.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
@CrimsonianKing

I would just start getting used to it man. Brazil is said to be best team on paper and are favourites to win the whole tournament. Everyone is going to hate the best especially when something controversial happens. :D

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,651
    Obviously the match was not fixed just incompetence from the referee. That call did change the entire game though, and maybe Croatia could have held onto a 1-1 result but who knows.
    Good teams find ways to overcome the occasional bad ref decisions. I never buy that argument that once a bad ref call is made, the players may as well leave the pitch because the result is therefore preordained.

feagojr

l'architetto
    May 8, 2014
    The Croatia keeper was poor , so poor in fact that he let a pea roller from neymar go past him and a toe punt from oscar go in the net, Rakitic and Modric and the olic fella (who looks like a retarded daniel craig) were the stand out players. Jelavic was so poor that he forgot how to play the striker position. Believe me though I still believe Lucas from PSG should have been taken, the wings would be so strong with either Hulk and Lucas and Neymar on the left. Oscar can then play behind the striker where he should be, Neymar hasn't got the ability to play the final killer ball in the attacking mid or support striker role. FORZA AZZURRI

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I got just as mad about that Muntari goal as i did today even though i was the fan of the advantage in both occasions. I don't like this kind of winning, i don't care if it's in my teams favor or against it, it just doesn't feel right. Fuck that referee.

And what i meant by the Croatian having the right to be mad wasn't what it sounded like. I meant they should be and probably are twice as angry as you and i. They're the ones who got hurt. Not you or I.
    I understand your frustration. I hate winning like that aswel. But is allright, just hope Croatia makes second round and all is well. Pretty certain brazil wil do better in knockouts then groupstage also

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

Muntari goal was deserved for them, Mexes should have been off the pitch before that goal was scored. It was karma for all there cheating with those BS penalties they got that kept them in the title race that season.

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,660
    The Croatia keeper was poor , so poor in fact that he let a pea roller from neymar go past him and a toe punt from oscar go in the net, Rakitic and Modric and the olic fella (who looks like a retarded daniel craig) were the stand out players. Jelavic was so poor that he forgot how to play the striker position. Believe me though I still believe Lucas from PSG should have been taken, the wings would be so strong with either Hulk and Lucas and Neymar on the left. Oscar can then play behind the striker where he should be, Neymar hasn't got the ability to play the final killer ball in the attacking mid or support striker role. FORZA AZZURRI
    Agreed on the keeper, and cool avatar. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)