[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (62 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Whats there to whine about this time? It was a 0-0 game and the better team won on pks?
Listen, I don't know in which world do you live, but in my world the better team tonight shouldn't have even played this evening because they beat Mexico with a perfectly valid penalty which validity is questioned in the American continent because Robben admitted to diving in another situation and they chose to twist Robben's words, creating the illusion that he dived for the penalty.
It's simple math really: 2+2 = 15

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know if it was mentioned in the live thread, but the ref tonight made a big mistake when he didn't give a 2nd yellow to one Costarican defender by the end of normal time. It was a clear yellow for a foul on Robben.
He's such a good ref and I fear that this mistake might cost him a WC final or semifinal.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
what happened now?
Nothing much really

People agree Belgium deserved to go out cause they crumbled under the pressure and were bad, but Argentina didnt deserve to go trough especially with their asshole anti football.

Then Holland deserved to go trough, but kept it late

no drama really

- - - Updated - - -

read the last 2 pages, nothing but hatin' and complaining
No hate and complaining really. Apart from that Argentina must be kicked out of this tournament now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Listen, I don't know in which world do you live, but in my world the better team tonight shouldn't have even played this evening because they beat Mexico with a perfectly valid penalty which validity is questioned in the American continent because Robben admitted to diving in another situation and they chose to twist Robben's words, creating the illusion that he dived for the penalty.
It's simple math really: 2+2 = 15
Dont try troll me though, know you too well, and its more effective if you directly mock whoever claimed the above (which is ridicolous, Robben sold it vs Mexico, was clearly stamped on, and should have had even clearer pk in first half).

But for tonight, what makes Deneb say what he did? Except likes of you making posts like the above, there is no controversy or nothing to whine about tonight, better team won in pks in a game they should won before the shootout. It wasnt pretty, fairly boring except few nervwrecking moments, but all around solid deserved win.

First game today was even clearer, Belgium didnt show up whatsoever, were quite pathetic and Argies didnt need to do much except tactically slow down the game to grab the well earned win.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Dont try troll me though, know you too well, and its more effective if you directly mock whoever claimed the above (which is ridicolous, Robben sold it vs Mexico, was clearly stamped on, and should have had even clearer pk in first half).

But for tonight, what makes Deneb say what he did? Except likes of you making posts like the above, there is no controversy or nothing to whine about tonight, better team won in pks in a game they should won before the shootout. It wasnt pretty, fairly boring except few nervwrecking moments, but all around solid deserved win.
I wasn't trolling you :D

And Deneb is mad that Jack and I hate on Messi and Argentina :p No complains though about the epilogues of the 4 quarterfinals.

P.S: The ones who claimed that Robben dived for the penalty... I remember only the Mexican member and Andy complaining about this in the live thread earlier tonight, so, yeah, these two.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Jack is almost becoming an Argie fan at this point lol, his sarcastic positive predictions of them to mock makes sound like a total shipper of them more and more :D But you, you are just a straight up hater :p So if Deneb is referring to anyone, its you, you are the kind to spam hatred and negativity mischeviously even in the most joyous moments ;)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Although this WC is being hailed as the best in a long time, I don't think it's that great. Many disappointing and boring matches, I expected much more from France - Germany and Argentina - Belgium.
I agree lately the tempo and overall quality has dipped but one could expect that in the elimination stages. Those two games in particular have something else in common though - both were early games, played during the hottest part of the day. No team can last running around for 90, let alone 120 min, in those conditions, so the spectacle suffers accordingly.
At least the SFs are played both late in the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)