[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (12 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
The ball touched a Brazilian player first which according to the rule which also remains that it is not offside.
Yes I know. But the touch of the Brazilian player didn't erase the cross to which the Colombia player was offside. It's not a new play. It's the following of the first play - the corner. You cannot benefit from an original offside position.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
But the rule remains. If you are offside and have any influence on the play it's still offside.
Yes I know. But the touch of the Brazilian player didn't erase the cross to which the Colombia player was offside. It's not a new play. It's the following of the first play - the corner. You cannot benefit from an original offside position.
Nope, it wasn't offside. I even remember Juve conceding similar goal.

If there's a hassle in the box, when it is unclear which player will get the ball first, flag stays down. This rule has been applied for a while. When Yepes scored he wasn't offside anymore, so yeah you can benefit from that.

Croatia vs Spain 2 years ago, also similar situation. I think Iniesta was offside at first, but later on, since he didn't get to the ball first he was on side.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I was about to say that we'll watch a football classic when Brazil faces Germany, but it turns out this will be only the 2nd time they play each other in a World Cup, despite being the two nations with most appearances.
I'm sorry about James Rodriguez, because he's a genius and such players deserve a WC semifinal, but I'll take Brazil-Germany over Colombia-Germany any day.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, they have them where Alen lives too.
Not in winter, no.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Nope, it wasn't offside. I even remember Juve conceding similar goal.

If there's a hassle in the box, when it is unclear which player will get the ball first, flag stays down. This rule has been applied for a while. When Yepes score he wasn't offside anymore.
Come on man. Yepes was offsied and jumped and probably touched the ball. Even if he didn't touch it, he influenced a lot fighting through players. The linesman had already signed it, the referee was really slow to see it.

It was offside. An offside player can't take part in any play, even if he doesn't touch the ball. The play was irregular before the Brazilian player touched it.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Come on man. Yepes was offsied and jumped and probably touched the ball. Even if he didn't touch it, he influenced a lot fighting through players. The linesman had already signed it, the referee was really slow to see it.

It was offside. An offside player can't take part in any play, even if he doesn't touch the ball. The play was irregular before the Brazilian player touched it.
Check the explanation above and the situation I referred to. It doesn't matter if he was in offside at first, since he didn't touch the ball then. Goal was legit.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
he will play just one more match, and even if its 3 its against Belgium, Netherlands and Brazil/Germany. they are on another level than all the previous opponents Argentina played and they didnt impress me against anyone so far...
Messi cannot score against difficult opponents.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Check the explanation above and the situation I referred to. It doesn't matter if he was in offside at first, since he didn't touch the ball then. Goal was legit.
I've read it. I'd fully agree with it if Yepes didn't go for the header and didn't intervene on the play before it touched someone.

But he did it and took advantage of his position. And he shouldn't. So offside.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The grasshopper was just asking James for shelter and food. Unlike the ant, which worked hard during the summer, this little grasshopper played day and night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)