[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (10 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The grasshopper was just asking James for shelter and food. Unlike the ant, which worked hard during the summer, this little grasshopper played day and night.
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone explain why Kroos is rated so highly? He does nothing whenever I watch him. Gotze is way more talented, although he had a poor season.

Oh and Gotze is better than Ozil too.
i agree. Ozil is so poor lately, ever since he left Madrid (im not saying this is the reason though :D)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
he can, but judging by his performances till now, i would say he wont score 3 more goals against thougher opponents in 3 games...
He's been having a terrible performance so far, four goals and a decisive assist is something to be really ashamed of. Four goals in four matches makes three in three totally impossible.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
He merely jumped, which he is allowed to, didn't touch the ball. Goal should have not been ruled out.
Haha he jumped and went strong on the play, pushing and being pushed. He took part of it, being in an offside position.

The goal actually didn't exist. Referee blowed before the Colombia guy shot it. There was no goal and there shouldn't be. Referee should have showed at least 6 or 7 yellows in the game, but he benefited no side. And Brazil actually deserved to win, 1st half was a fest.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He's been having a terrible performance so far, four goals and a decisive assist is something to be really ashamed of. Four goals in four matches makes three in three totally impossible.
we'll see. they had much trouble against Switzerland, lets see them against an even better organized team in Belgium.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Can someone explain why Kroos is rated so highly? He does nothing whenever I watch him. Gotze is way more talented, although he had a poor season.

Oh and Gotze is better than Ozil too.
Actually I think Kroos is great.

IMO Gotze is and always has been overrated. He's skilled, intelligent, but his impact in the game is not as big as it could be.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
we'll see. they had much trouble against Switzerland, lets see them against an even better organized team in Belgium.
Belgium are not more organized than Switzerland. They are more dangerous but Switzerland are a better defending team. FFS Belgium play without defensive midfielders. What world cup have you been watching?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Haha he jumped and went strong on the play, pushing and being pushed. He took part of it, being in an offside position.

The goal actually didn't exist. Referee blowed before the Colombia guy shot it. There was no goal and there shouldn't be. Referee should have showed at least 6 or 7 yellows in the game, but he benefited no side. And Brazil actually deserved to win, 1st half was a fest.
And this is where he made a mistake. He should have let the play continue, until Yepes would come to the ball first which he didn't and he didn't push anyone, only jumped, which doesn't qualify as influencing the play form an offside position.

Yeah, ref was bad on many other occasions for both teams.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Belgium are not more organized than Switzerland. They are more dangerous but Switzerland are a better defending team. FFS Belgium play without defensive midfielders. What world cup have you been watching?
I'm not sure, but I think that the Defour (spelling?) guy who was red carded against South Korea and missed USA is a DM. If yes, then he should definitely take Fellaini's place in the starting XI.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm not sure, but I think that the Defour (spelling?) guy who was red carded against South Korea and missed USA is a DM. If yes, then he should definitely take Fellaini's place in the starting XI.
This does not mean that they can play that disciplined show that Switzerland put against Argentina.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
And this is where he made a mistake. He should have let the play continue, until Yepes would come to the ball first which he didn't and he didn't push anyone, only jumped, which doesn't qualify as influencing the play form an offside position.

Yeah, ref was bad on many other occasions for both teams.
Well this is the way it's always been in Brazil. If a guy is offside, he can't even mention to run at the ball or jump at it, 'cause it's an offside. If you can show me some document or something with some kind of FIFA's position about this I can change my mind. But a player can't benefit from an offside play, and Yepes did, when he went for the ball, atracted players to him and influenced on the play.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This does not mean that they can play that disciplined show that Switzerland put against Argentina.
They 100% can't play defense with such discipline. The Belgians are an attacking team. I expect an open game and I give 50-50 chance to both teams. If it's a close 0:0 or 1:1 match, then Argentina will win it in the end because Messi will decide it with just one pass or shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)