[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (22 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
They 100% can't play defense with such discipline. The Belgians are an attacking team. I expect an open game and I give 50-50 chance to both teams. If it's a close 0:0 or 1:1 match, then Argentina will win it in the end because Messi will decide it with just one pass or shot.
Open games are exactly what Messi needs to finish teams.

- - - Updated - - -

a German citizenship right?

Yep he pretty much decided it for Germany.
Nope, Belgian. I did not make any mistake in my post. Belgian.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Well this is the way it's always been in Brazil. If a guy is offside, he can't even mention to run at the ball or jump at it, 'cause it's an offside. If you can show me some document or something with some kind of FIFA's position about this I can change my mind. But a player can't benefit from an offside play, and Yepes did, when he went for the ball, atracted players to him and influenced on the play.
You will just have to take my word on it. Read it somewhere a while ago, ref that were brought later on to analyze various situations also confirmed it. There were plenty of other instances over the years since the rule has been applied. I only named two, one with Juve in the CL, the other was Croatia vs Spain 2 years ago, both times players that were in offside positions at first, but didn't touch the ball, scored in the end.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
The ref was poor in this match, he was just letting Brazil foul their way through the whole game playing ugly. If he had of booked the Brazilian players early on when they were leaving their mark mostly on Rodriguez it would have been a much different game. He didn't show a booking to Brazil until it was their 42nd foul in the game i believe.

Fifa just hand the cup to Brazil already we know u want them to win it so badly.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Haha he jumped and went strong on the play, pushing and being pushed. He took part of it, being in an offside position.

The goal actually didn't exist. Referee blowed before the Colombia guy shot it. There was no goal and there shouldn't be. Referee should have showed at least 6 or 7 yellows in the game, but he benefited no side. And Brazil actually deserved to win, 1st half was a fest.
:tup:

correct call on the off-side, imo. Yepes was in the vicinity and thus "active". That's all that matters.
ref was unconvincing and looked lost too often on account of both teams.
Columbia showed their inexperience at this level - gave Brazil too much credit and took way too long to get into the game.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Belgium are not more organized than Switzerland. They are more dangerous but Switzerland are a better defending team. FFS Belgium play without defensive midfielders. What world cup have you been watching?
true but a team that over-focuses on D like Switzerland also cannot put much pressure on the Argies and thus exploit their main weakness - organized team defending (i.e. not just the back 4). Switzerland tried to take away what the Argies do best and that's attacking. Tactics like that are dangerous as they invite danger too close too often and require perfection in defense, which is not likely to persist over the course of an entire game.

Belgium (the Belgium that finally showed up vs the US) is not as well versed at that sort of tactics as the Swiss are, however, they are still solid defensively, while being a lot more balanced altogether. With the talent they have in midfield and attack, the Belgiums :)P) can actually put the Argies in a pickle and challenge their weak spots more so than the Swiss ever could.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
The main antagonist in this game was the referee, for letting shit get so out of hand. There was literally no control on the pitch and several players were running around the pitch frustrated which is always a dangerous sign.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
he literally broke his back.

How stupid can u be to laugh at stg like this?

I'd love to personally break Zuniga's knees with a bat right now. Dirty motherfucker. Suits perfectly at Naples.

This show stg Europeans don't seem to see: Neymar gets beaten a lot during games despite his diving. He is not the only one who dives in football. Most players do it. Look at Germany today. And this make people overlook the fact that he gets beaten a whole fucking lot during games. Against Chile they fucked him in 5 min. I really hope referees start seeing this now.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
And that's not the only thing that piece of shit did. He should have been booked waay before. This was more deserving of a red than Marchisio's. But no, the referee let everything go, no card for anyone in neither teams...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)