[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (13 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
At first i thought germany had the slowest defensive line in the tournament , now i am getting convinced that they have the slowest team in the tournament , seriously their players can't run for shit . The defenders are slow , the midfield doesn't have any particular fast players and in attack the only fast ones they have are probably muller and schurrle . It's a shame imo because the way they attack a fast player who makes a lot of vertical runs may do a lot of damage , schurrle mainly makes a lot of great runs to find himslef in great positions to create chances , but he always messes up when the ball is in his legs . Reus would have done wonders in this world cup had he not been injured

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
At first i thought germany had the slowest defensive line in the tournament , now i am getting convinced that they have the slowest team in the tournament , seriously their players can't run for $#@! . The defenders are slow , the midfield doesn't have any particular fast players and in attack the only fast ones they have are probably muller and schurrle . It's a shame imo because the way they attack a fast player who makes a lot of vertical runs may do a lot of damage , schurrle mainly makes a lot of great runs to find himslef in great positions to create chances , but he always messes up when the ball is in his legs . Reus would have done wonders in this world cup had he not been injured
i agree with that. but they dont have a slow defense (when Mertesacker is on the bench) Hummels and Boateng are really fast for CBs and when Lahm is at his position it really looks good. what bothers me is Howedes. he never played there for the NT and last time he played LB in Schalke was under Magath. Schmelzer should start (if he is even called up) and also Ozil should be on the bench. i would go with Gotze, Klose/Muller, Muller/Schurrle in attack...

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
i have a question. why was Maxwell called before guys like Felipe Luis and Adriano? is this some kind of Scolari fetish for the player or is Maxvell just better in the NT than the other two?
He's part of the "Scolari family". The old man picks the ones he likes and sticks to them til the end. Henrique is another example.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
i agree with that. but they dont have a slow defense (when Mertesacker is on the bench) Hummels and Boateng are really fast for CBs and when Lahm is at his position it really looks good. what bothers me is Howedes. he never played there for the NT and last time he played LB in Schalke was under Magath. Schmelzer should start (if he is even called up) and also Ozil should be on the bench. i would go with Gotze, Klose/Muller, Muller/Schurrle in attack...
Hummels doesn't strike me as particulary fast . I agree that boateng is fast , but he is a poor cb imo . Mertesacker and howedes are both slow , mertesacker being dreadfully slow . Except today lahm played in midfield on the start of the match , althrough i hope he continues to start as a rb .Goezte has been playing rather poorly imo , ozil hasn't played that well either , but i think he could give more as an AMF

My best german lineup

-------------neuer
lahm-hummels-????-schmelzer
------sweini-----kroos
muller------ozil--------reus
-------------klose

With reus and schmelzer on the team , a good cb with some decent speed near hummels and i think that have a team that could give much more than their current line up

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Hummels doesn't strike me as particulary fast . I agree that boateng is fast , but he is a poor cb imo . Mertesacker and howedes are both slow , mertesacker being dreadfully slow . Except today lahm played in midfield on the start of the match , althrough i hope he continues to start as a rb .Goezte has been playing rather poorly imo , ozil hasn't played that well either , but i think he could give more as an AMF

My best german lineup

-------------neuer
lahm-hummels-????-schmelzer
------sweini-----kroos
muller------ozil--------reus
-------------klose

With reus and schmelzer on the team , a good cb with some decent speed near hummels and i think that have a team that could give much more than their current line up
Badstuber and Hummels played great together at the EURO 2012, but it is questionabel if Badstuber will ever get back to his previous form. such a shame, he was a great prospect.

i like Kroos at the 10 better. Schweinsteiger could be paired with one of the Benders or Gundogan (but he too is a big question). and a replacement for Klose is needed as this is probably his last great tournament.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Germany will underestimate Brazil for missing TS and will choke, it's obvious. Also Brazil will be extremely fired up for missing their captain.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Badstuber and Hummels played great together at the EURO 2012, but it is questionabel if Badstuber will ever get back to his previous form. such a shame, he was a great prospect.

i like Kroos at the 10 better. Schweinsteiger could be paired with one of the Benders or Gundogan (but he too is a big question). and a replacement for Klose is needed as this is probably his last great tournament.
Thing is i didn't like the german duo in euro 2012 neither , maybe it's the way the are put in the field , low puts them very high and they kinda play to far from each other , it gives a ton of space to make runs for attacking player , add to it that most attackers are much faster and it creates a lot of problems

Isn't gundogan overweight by a lot ? I agree for the replecament of klose

- - - Updated - - -

People here are overreacting , next match Germany will show Brazil who's boss and you will see brazilians shed tears of desperation instead of tears of happines :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Thing is i didn't like the german duo in euro 2012 neither , maybe it's the way the are put in the field , low puts them very high and they kinda play to far from each other , it gives a ton of space to make runs for attacking player , add to it that most attackers are much faster and it creates a lot of problems

Isn't gundogan overweight by a lot ? I agree for the replecament of klose

- - - Updated - - -

People here are overreacting , next match Germany will show Brazil who's boss and you will see brazilians shed tears of desperation instead of tears of happines :D
Don't bother bro. Brazil will win and there is nothing Germany can do about it.

Mar 10, 2009
Germany will underestimate Brazil for missing TS and will choke, it's obvious. Also Brazil will be extremely fired up for missing their captain.
I reckon Germany's raw power will be too much for them.

Germany to finally break their duck and reach the final

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)