[WC] Italy v Ukraine (13 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
it was a good time for toni to score today, because he would have been more frustrated if he still wouldnt have scored( a player who scores 31 goals defenetly hopes/expects goals from wc.)

Mozart

F*ck the media
Feb 3, 2006
what a game that was....cannavaro is the best defender in the world'fuckin period.
zambrotta was MOM to me...and Buffon made some superb saves...Barzagli did well in my opinion..he was really soild....and finally that flag decidected to pessotto made my day...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Canna had some incredible stops today. Buffon is bringing out the top drawer stuff too... I hope some asprin helps that headache of his. ;)

But yeah -- I don't see how Zambro wasn't MOM today. Brilliant goal. Brilliant save just when Ukraine was about to equalize. Great runs up the flank. And a perfect setup for Toni's final goal. Superb.

And seeing the flag for Pessottino at the end was, well, :touched:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Zambrotta and canavarro were the best players , it was an easy win for italy
i hope they can beat germany and reach the final

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Good victory and it was nice to see Toni finally break his duck and get a brace. Totti was better than other games but was on the periphery of things and Pirlo was poor. His set plays bar 1 were terrible. I agree with Vinman, no way can this formation work against a reasonable team as Ukraine were abject. Gattusso and Perrota were impressive as usual. Even though Perrotta has little quality he does give you so much quantity that he compensates for his shortcomings as he is always available all over the field. Camoranesi is too in and out for me and he was just average or just above it. cannavaro was first class as was Buffon. Barzagli was very good and zambrotta was immense. Grosso is too slow for me and agaisnt someone like Odonkor he will be toast.
Lippi did very well aginst very modest opposition , i guess the downside is that with 3 goals up and 10 or so minutes to go, his last sub, he brings on Zaccardo, i mean that disgusted me so much.
You have 3 starikers on the bench that are fit and raring to go, maybe score goals to give them confidence in Dp, Inzaghi and gilardino and you bring on a defender

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)