[WC] Italy v Ukraine (3 Viewers)

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
giovanotti said:
And Cannavaro should reach 100 games, played for Italy!
Well, there's a match for the 3rd place, so....:D

No way, I want Italy to win this (and I say that as a German...:p ) Shame on me...;-)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #466
    Impressive performance from the boys. They limited the Ukraine in a first half where they were dominant and Zambro came up with a lovely goal. Buffon did well in the second period and Toni took the chances that came his way. Overall it was a solid showing.

Buffon: He was basically a spectator in the first half but kept out the opposition on numerous occasions in the second 45. 7

Zambrotta: MOTM. Defended well, showed great energy getting forward, scored a nice goal and set up one. 8

Cannavaro: Yet another assured display. The man has not made a single costly error in the WC and has been the best defender in the tournament. 7

Barzagli: Filled in well. Solid. 6.5

Grosso: Didn't do much in attack but defended capably. 6

Gattuso: What a fighter! Heart, determination and grinta. Well played. 7

Pirlo: Not his best performance but the outlet he gives us in midfield is necessary. 6

Perrotta: Decent. Not difference-making but good enough. 6

Camoranesi: Did a great job supporting Totti and Toni. A few nice runs coupled with some delightful touches. 7

Totti: Didn't do a lot today. His only real contribution was the assist for Toni. He can do better. 6

Toni: This man is a born goalscorer and it was only a matter of time before he opened his account in Germany. He's the ideal point striker and the Azzurri will hope that his brace today is only the tip of the iceberg. 7.5

Lippi: What can I say? He has a knack for making the right choices. Camo and Toni started ahead of DP and Gila and came up with the goods. The 4-3-2-1 was perfect for containing the Ukrainians and remaining a threat at the same time. It'll be interesting to see what he does against the Germans. 7

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    the italians in my city, here in germany, are making party in the city, I was there.. the mainway to the main station was closed because we all were there, it is incrideble.. I just hope we will beat the germans, it will be horrible to lose to them, as I live here in germany..

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Stuart said:
    Impressive performance from the boys. They limited the Ukraine in a first half where they were dominant and Zambro came up with a lovely goal. Buffon did well in the second period and Toni took the chances that came his way. Overall it was a solid showing.

Buffon: He was basically a spectator in the first half but kept out the opposition on numerous occasions in the second 45. 7

Zambrotta: MOTM. Defended well, showed great energy getting forward, scored a nice goal and set up one. 8

Cannavaro: Yet another assured display. The man has not made a single costly error in the WC and has been the best defender in the tournament. 7

Barzagli: Filled in well. Solid. 6.5

Grosso: Didn't do much in attack but defended capably. 6

Gattuso: What a fighter! Heart, determination and grinta. Well played. 7

Pirlo: Not his best performance but the outlet he gives us in midfield is necessary. 6

Perrotta: Decent. Not difference-making but good enough. 6

Camoranesi: Did a great job supporting Totti and Toni. A few nice runs coupled with some delightful touches. 7

Totti: Didn't do a lot today. His only real contribution was the assist for Toni. He can do better. 6

Toni: This man is a born goalscorer and it was only a matter of time before he opened his account in Germany. He's the ideal point striker and the Azzurri will hope that his brace today is only the tip of the iceberg. 7.5

Lippi: What can I say? He has a knack for making the right choices. Camo and Toni started ahead of DP and Gila and came up with the goods. The 4-3-2-1 was perfect for containing the Ukrainians and remaining a threat at the same time. It'll be interesting to see what he does against the Germans. 7
    Nice analysis.:)
    Zambro,Canna,Buffon and Camor are doing great job,but that would attract rich clubs to use our current poor situation...:cry:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Maresca said:
    the italians in my city, here in germany, are making party in the city, I was there.. the mainway to the main station was closed because we all were there, it is incrideble.. I just hope we will beat the germans, it will be horrible to lose to them, as I live here in germany..
    I hope that you'll be watching bunch of sad Germans after the game against them.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    giovanotti said:
    I hope that you'll be watching bunch of sad Germans after the game against them.
    I hope that, I can not stand it anymore, yesterday I had a very hard discusion with a friend of mine..he was trying to tell that italians are cheating and diving all the time, and that italy´s style of play is not impresive.. I just remembered him of the history of germany, they have never played good football, exept in this WC and may be 1990. Germany reached the final of 2002 playing defensivly against USA, Paraguay, and Korea and he is trying to tell me that Italy should not win the WC because of their tactics, greece won the european championship with such a defensive tactic that I have never seen before, and nobody said that they played catanacio, the people here said that they are playing very organized:disagree: and Italy tried to defend against australia after an unfair red card, and the germans started to say "ah italian catanacio again"...

please azzurri, beat these germans and shut their mouths for ever..

forza ITALIA

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Maresca said:
    I hope that, I can not stand it anymore, yesterday I had a very hard discusion with a friend of mine..he was trying to tell that italians are cheating and diving all the time, and that italy´s style of play is not impresive.. I just remembered him of the history of germany, they have never played good football, exept in this WC and may be 1990. Germany reached the final of 2002 playing defensivly against USA, Paraguay, and Korea and he is trying to tell me that Italy should not win the WC because of their tactics, greece won the european championship with such a defensive tactic that I have never seen before, and nobody said that they played catanacio, the people here said that they are playing very organized:disagree: and Italy tried to defend against australia after an unfair red card, and the germans started to say "ah italian catanacio again"...

forza ITALIA

i have a sheer dislike for the germans, like my german teacher from last year at skool, (though shes really english she thinks shes german)

and also remember schmacher? the german gk? that dirty gk who severely injured that french player and got away with it, and had the cheek to offer the injured french player to pay for his dental bill.

plus i just simply hate germans for their history (nazi)

and i hate lehmann

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    ThePLaya said:
    Don't be so optimist !!

it was Ukraine ?

manchaft needs hard work
    it will be hard, very hard.. I just thought about the the game Italy-Holland in the euro 2000.. this one could be similar.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    oh yeah.. and i hate the germans cuz it was them who brought over the stinkin' english royal family over here, and now im paying the price as they rob me through my taxes owed in my wages, so all they do is live off the wealth of this country just to wave to the public once every blue moon.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Badass Devil said:
    i have a sheer dislike for the germans, like my german teacher from last year at skool, (though shes really english she thinks shes german)

and also remember schmacher? the german gk? that dirty gk who severely injured that french player and got away with it, and had the cheek to offer the injured french player to pay for his dental bill.

plus i just simply hate germans for their history (nazi)

and i hate lehmann
    well actualy I don´t hate germans but I hate the way they are talking about other nations football, while they have played crap for years.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Badass Devil said:
    oh yeah.. and i hate the germans cuz it was them who brought over the stinkin' english royal family over here, and now im paying the price as they rob me through my taxes owed in my wages, so all they do is live off the wealth of this country just to wave to the public once every blue moon.
    aha, you are from england??

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Maresca said:

forza ITALIA
    These German statements are pretty much unobjective,but I must to admit that they are playing very organized...

Anyhow,I have faith in Lippi.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)