[WC] Italia vs USA [17-06-2006] (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seven said:
That's the funny part, Andy. Both sides feel they have been screwed. Iaquinta's case towards the end of the was simply a clear cut penalty, there's no denying in that. Mastroeni got the ball through the Italian's legs, I agree. But just "getting the ball" isn't sufficient. You can't just throw a bomb at a player, then pick the ball up and go whine because you "got the ball".

The USA STILL looked like shit anyway. In case you forgot, you were 11 against 10 against a completely demoralised team. Had you been somewhat mature, which you weren't you bunch of 3-year olds, you would have won today.
3 year-olds? That's funny coming from someone who supports Italy along with the likes of Totti and De Rossi and shouts conspiracy every time Italy loses.

Italy looked like horse shit as well. People talk about my side being overrated, however Italy would easily have to be considered so as well after this performance.

In case you forgot, we played with nine men for 40 fucking minutes and you lot couldnt even score! Hell, we even put the fucking ball in the net.

We were the better side tonight. End of fucking story.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
bad performence from Italy.
the americans thought they are playing american football. they played so hard.
the red cards were all deserved.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Seven said:
Pope hit the player first ;).

Pope-player-ball, that was how they were running, it was impossible for Pope to hit the ball first. It was a second yellow, Sebi, get over it. There are LOADS of other things in this game to complain about.

I only saw one slow-motion replay, but it definitely appeared that he hit the ball first, however I'll have to see it again later.

Obviously the game was full of other shit, I'm just explaining that point to the guy who claims it doesn't matter if he hit the ball.

This game's refs pissed me off as much as the ivory coast - holland ones. Now I know what it feels like to play against juve in serie A :disagree: :cry:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Enron said:
De Rossi blatantly elbowed McBride in the face. Pope didn't elbow nobody and Pablo's red card was crazy too.
what are you talking, your saying that de rossi was the only player who deserved red? yeah i agree he deserved it, but so did mastroeni. didnt you see that, he could have caused a serious injury to pirlos foot.

:tdown:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Seven said:
Pablo's red card should ALWAYS be a red and should ALWAYS result in a five game ban. Why? Because he goes in there trying to injure a player. However normally you get a yellow for that foul. As much as I'm against that and as much as I believe it should be red, suddenly sending him off now is odd.

Pope's was red. It was even red the first time as Toni was alone.
Pope's was indeed a second yellow, but Pablo's was his first foul of the game and was only a late tackle with no intent to injure. The inconsistancy of that call and others only gives more evidences for banning the referee from World Cup matches forever.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Andy said:
3 year-olds? That's funny coming from someone who supports Italy along with the likes of Totti and De Rossi and shouts conspiracy every time Italy loses.

Italy looked like horse shit as well. People talk about my side being overrated, however Italy would easily have to be considered so as well after this.

In care you forgot, we played with nine men for 40 fucking minutes and you lot couldnt even score! Hell, we even put the fucking ball in the net.

We were the better side tonight. End of fucking story.
De Rossi immature? Sure. De Rossi immature? Sure.

But how on earth is it mature to give away an advantage like the USA did? It was 11 against 10, you had just gotten the equaliser and what do you do? You got a stupid red card. In the second half you get an even dumber second red. How is that smart? Is it heroic to play with 9 men? No it was just plain stupid.

You the better side? :howler: Bunch of kids.

Oh and I forgot 2002 and 2004 were clean ;).

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Enron said:
They outplayed Italy for much of the game.

no u didnt because italy had far more chances in front of gol, even zaccardo had to score for u!

u had some "breakaways" as you americans like to call it but didnt really make any real chances from it.

you americans were dirty, end of!

oh and please remind who was camping out side your area for half the game?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
What is all the whinning about. The ref was unfair to both teams. Both teams were rough. Both teams got a point although USA deserved 3. Most believed that Italy was already through. Guess what, it's done on the pitch.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Whether the US was the better side or not is debatable (i would say they were), but either way they definitely showed alot better than anyone expected them to.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
it is different when you see the positions again calmly. after watching them again:

I think the 3 red cards were all fair.
USA's disallowed Goal was 100% wrong, so that was offside, because the US player was on the line between Buffon and the shooter, he wasn't passive there. I am assured by these comments by a professional refree.
I still think that Gattuso's shot's positions wasn't offside at all, and I don't know if the keeper could save that opne.
Pulling the shirt of Iaquinta could be given a penalty.
and some minor mistakes, Actually the refree didn't have a bad match at all, it's different when you watch it with nerves and comment at the same time. I think he had a good match, he made brave decisions. and ofcourse he had his mistakes too..

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Enron said:
Pope's was indeed a second yellow, but Pablo's was his first foul of the game and was only a late tackle with no intent to injure. The inconsistancy of that call and others only gives more evidences for banning the referee from World Cup matches forever.
come on, that was a very dangerous and dirty tackle . in german TV they had "Urs Meier", a former swiss ref, there and he said that it was absolutly a red card, and all the people agreed,

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Ali said:
What is all the whinning about. The ref was unfair to both teams. Both teams were rough. Both teams got a point although USA deserved 3. Most believed that Italy was already through. Guess what, it's done on the pitch.

no idea which match u were watching, i think u and the ref smoke the same substances

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Enron said:
so what if it was his first foul, if it could cause a serious injury.

i didnt like the referee desicions about offsides, but all cards where deserved.

Ofcourse some other ref wouldnt have maybe sent off so many players, but every ref is differant.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Seven said:
Italy were robbed of a more than clear penalty. Really, what are you Americans whining about..
ah they whine about everything, they are like a nation of whores

well wot do u think? is bush gona declare war on italy because de rossi is now branded a weapon of mass destruction?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh fuck it. It's fixed anyway. I hope Ghana reach far in this tournament and Argentina wins it, simply because they scored the most beautiful goal ever. Fuck everyone else. VERGOGNATEVI!

juve2503

May 18, 2006
This match was a disgrace the american's came out really looking for a war they played like they were playing american football especially in the beginning when all of their players were on the field, that tackle on Pirlo was terrible he almost broke both of his legs. Every time a player got the ball the american's crowded him with at least 5 players. and both decisions were right, the 2 red cards were right to be given. This game must have been the most terrible one of the competition so far, the american's aggresiveness and very hard tackling was just disgusting. It's obvious what they came out to do from the beginning of the match wich is to get some sort of a result no matter what the cost or how they did it

Lippi shouldn't have put Iaquinta on he should have put Pippo if he wanted that second goal to come, Iaquinta scored his only goal because of a very bad mistake by the ghana defence Pippo should be the one that get's called up before him he is a proven goal scorer

Oh and by the way when Iaquinta was in the penalty box in the last few minutes his shirt was being pulled and he almost fell over, that should have been a penalty since the rules clearly state that a player's shirt should not be pulled and if so a foul should be given even a yellow card if neccessary. Let's just hope that Ghana don't win their next game and Italy win their's or else we will be out.

Del piero did great in his limited ammount of time he got 2 of the best chances in the second half, I still think we should use him instead of Totti since he isn't fully fit yet and you could see that his passing was horrible. That referee was terrible he shouldn't ref an other game in this competition in the first half he kept wistling at every mild comtact between the players and in the second half he didn't even bother when someone almost took Pirlo's leg off on the edge of the box.

I had a feeling that this match would be like this as soon as those war comments came out they wanted a war and they got one, they played like animals out there

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Stephan said:
what are you talking, your saying that de rossi was the only player who deserved red? yeah i agree he deserved it, but so did mastroeni. didnt you see that, he could have caused a serious injury to pirlos foot.

:tdown:
Pirlo's foot hurt sooooo much that he popped up 30 seconds later for the restart. The point is that it was a only a late tackle and other players have only recieved a yellow card for such tackles. Pirlo and the other members of the Italian National Theater do not deserve such gifts. :tdown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)