[WC] Italia vs Ghana [12-06-2006] (5 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Dominic said:
Christ, Lippi is slowly but surely taking the Trappatoni route. He's chickening out.

Leaving Camoranesi out :disagree: Lippi is removing one of the certainties from his line-up.
I don't think he's going to leave out Camo though. If anything he'll drop Pirlo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Lippi was told to remove every Juve player in the lineup to show that Italy is pure and represents fair play and justice. They don't want cheats and doped player in the squad. No Canna either and Buffon is a Milan player according to Jeeks so he'll play. :p

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yeah Morra, you missed the point. It's about Perrotta instead of Camo, not Totti instead of Camoranesi. Trappotoni had midfields which consisted of Zanetti and Perrotta or Perrotta, Pirlo AND Gatusso, while he trained with more exciting line-ups in the tournament build-up. Same situation with Lippi, he constantly used interesting line-ups the last two years, and now he's crapping his pants and is reverting to something way more defensive and restricted.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
dude u missed my point.i no its perrotta instead of cammo and i said because totti has alot of pressure on him and he will perform better with people he knows.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Dominic said:
Lippi is going to rely on an unfit Totti for all creativity :disagree:.

dude hope off the ban wagon for one second and watch the game. if they win hop back on the italy fan ban wagon and if they lose keep complaining.......

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Morra10 said:
dude hope off the ban wagon for one second and watch the game. if they win hop back on the italy fan ban wagon and if they lose keep complaining.......

....... And that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Exactly.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
which comment the ban wagon comment. I know whats going to happen people will doubt italy and when they win they will hop up and say forza azzurri.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dominic said:
Yeah Morra, you missed the point. It's about Perrotta instead of Camo, not Totti instead of Camoranesi. Trappotoni had midfields which consisted of Zanetti and Perrotta or Perrotta, Pirlo AND Gatusso, while he trained with more exciting line-ups in the tournament build-up. Same situation with Lippi, he constantly used interesting line-ups the last two years, and now he's crapping his pants and is reverting to something way more defensive and restricted.
Watch them all around the box and watching Ghana pressure them.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Jeeks said:
Watch them all around the box and watching Ghana pressure them.
Yup, because the alleged starting line-up is very one-dimensional ,widthless and lacks technical players to play the ball around.

Anyway, here's hoping that Gazzetta and sports.it are wrong about the formation.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
seriously what happens if they beat ghana really bad because now i get the feeling noone thinks their going to win, everybody thinks they will flop

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Del Piero is a must.
Like Dominic is saying, players like Del Piero and Camoranesi get benched for more one dimensional players and less creative players like in every competition. You get to see them when the team is in trouble. Del Piero came in against Mexico when Italy was leaving the tournament. Cassano played AFTER Zlatan equalized and the Scandinavians had their famous draw. This group has no mercy, not a single game is easy and you see the coach chickening and using the same tactics, Zoff, Trapatoni and others used.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
You guys(me too) can criticize Lippi but wouldn't it be sweeter if Italy is down or tied after 1 and brings Camo and DP in the 2nd half and they make Italy win?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)