[WC] Italia vs Ghana [12-06-2006] (9 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
king Ale said:
is Totti up for it?I don't think so.I can't ignore Alex's brilliant season just because of 2 friendlies where the other Azzurries were poor at them as well.
I don't think so either, but if Lippi wants him to play we might be wrong.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
mark77 said:
I read on sports.it that Lippi would play Perrotta instead of....Camoranesi. :shocked:

http://www.sports.it/it/cmc/mondiali2006/200624/cmc_97096.html

That's the lineup they gave. I don't believe it. Camo is one of the few that takes chances and can dribble in this team. :rolleyes:

---------------Buffon
Zaccardo-Nesta-Cannavaro-Grosso
----------------Pirlo
---------Perrotta-De Rossi
----------------Totti
------------Toni-Gilardino

That would be a disaster...

Forca_Italy said:
italy'll win, not only today,Italy should become World Champions
welcome...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
mark77 said:
I read on sports.it that Lippi would play Perrotta instead of....Camoranesi. :shocked:

http://www.sports.it/it/cmc/mondiali2006/200624/cmc_97096.html

That's the lineup they gave. I don't believe it. Camo is one of the few that takes chances and can dribble in this team. :rolleyes:

---------------Buffon
Zaccardo-Nesta-Cannavaro-Grosso
----------------Pirlo
---------Perrotta-De Rossi
----------------Totti
------------Toni-Gilardino
That's not all that bad. I hope Camo starts but I can see what Lippi wants to do. He knows that Totti isn't 100% so he wants him to have as much defensive support as possible and Perrotta is a more complete player than Camoranesi.

Oddo needs to start instead of Zaccardo though. The latter just isn't good enough for this level. My midfield would consist of Camo, Pirlo and De Rossi. Pirlo may be struggling for form but he has so much ability and his quality as a passer will be useful. If he doesn't play well then bring on Perrotta but I'd rather start Pirlo and Totti, see what they have in them, and then replace them if necessary. If DP starts and disappoints then we have to look to an unfit Totti.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Christ, Lippi is slowly but surely taking the Trappatoni route. He's chickening out.

Leaving Camoranesi out :disagree: Lippi is removing one of the certainties from his line-up.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dominic said:
Christ, Lippi is slowly but surely taking the Trappatoni route. He's chickening out.

Leaving Camoranesi out :disagree: Lippi is removing one of the certainties from his line-up.
You forgot one thing, Lippi makes no mistakes.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Dominic said:

as i recall trap used a 1 man forward line of vieri who wasn't in form. how are you going to compare totti behind toni and gilla a trap move? this isn't a trap move it is a lippi move. i love cammo but totti wil play better with people he knows. he plays with perrotta and de rossi, so if totti go out and plays one hell of a game who will question lippi then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)