Watches (5 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I have a Kenneth Cole I bought for 30 bucks, perfect for me :D

A 25 euro watch can do its purpose (time keeping) more than sufficiently, so expensive watches are usually just about the brand and image IMO, no difference in timekeeping that you would notice in practice. Or am I wrong?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I have a Kenneth Cole I bought for 30 bucks, perfect for me :D

A 25 euro watch can do its purpose (time keeping) more than sufficiently, so expensive watches are usually just about the brand and image IMO, no difference in timekeeping that you would notice in practice. Or am I wrong?
There is a difference when it comes to automatic watches.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #84
    It's more than just looks. You have to think about the battery as well.

If you want a classy watch that isn't too expensive, check out Citizen watches. They offer the Eco-Drive technology that powers the watch via sunlight. I've had mine for 7 years now and I haven't had to do anything to it.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    I was wondering what kind of watches you peeps are wearing...

I have a bunch of watches, but the only one worth a mention is my Tag. I've had this for about 5 years now, and I'm thinking of getting a new one. I have my eyes on Omega and Breitling.

Attachments

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    I was wondering what kind of watches you peeps are wearing...

I have a bunch of watches, but the only one worth a mention is my Tag. I've had this for about 5 years now, and I'm thinking of getting a new one. I have my eyes on Omega and Breitling.
    Big fan of the Carrera's.

Also really like Breitling's, I prefer them to Omega but I am sure many people will disagree.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    I really want an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean
    That's the one I was thinking of too! The new Speedmaster '57 are really nice too, but pricier than Seamaster.

I really like Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronograph too.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    That's the one I was thinking of too! The new Speedmaster '57 are really nice too, but pricier than Seamaster.

I really like Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronograph too.
    I think the Speedmasters are big and unnecessarily pricey. I like how the Breitlings look like but I don't think they fit my arm, they are huge and I have tiny arms and hands.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    I wear these.

I want to buy a new one a CK preferably but i cant afford it right now :mad:
    CK watches are only about looks, not quality. Your better off with your Tissot.

I think the Speedmasters are big and unnecessarily pricey. I like how the Breitlings look like but I don't think they fit my arm, they are huge and I have tiny arms and hands.
    Speedmasters come in different sizes, the new ones, '57, are 41.5 MM, but I do agree about the price.

The Superocean Heritage by Breitling is not big at all, compared to their other models, which is why I like it.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    what about when you're taking a test and cell phones aren't allowed? boom!

plus looking at the watch is a two step process at most. looking at the time in your phone is like at least 6 steps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)