Vincenzo Iaquinta (5 Viewers)

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Vince's determination truly is out of this world, every time he makes a contribution to the team he gets sooo hype, and i think thats awesome. I think he's definetely a useful backup striker and i wouldn't want him to go cuz his passion for the club is almost unparalleled. So, if he does have to leave juve i hope we either get a good sum of money or a useful player in the deal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
30/04/2008 12:21
Juve Offer Iaquinta For Aquilani
According to Tuttosport, Juventus are preparing an offer to Roma that will see Alberto Aquilani and Vincenzo Iaquinta swap clubs.Iaquinta signed for Juve from Udinese last summer but he has had a frustrating season, playing second fiddle to the prolific David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero.

The World Cup winner has started just nine Serie A games all term, and he is looking increasingly likely to leave at the end of the campaign.

In recent days he has been heavily linked with a move to Napoli, but it seems he would prefer to hook up with old Udinese boss Luciano Spalletti at Roma.

Spalletti is a huge admirer of the 28-year-old, and it is believed he may consider an offer from Juve which would see Aquilani move to Turin in return for cash plus Iaquinta.

Aquilani’s future in the Eternal City is in doubt as he has still yet to sign a proposed new contract, and there is still the cloud of a likely foreign takeover hanging over the club.

With the extra cash that Spalletti makes from the exchange, he would then use to buy a new left back.

This season Max Tonetto has been the only natural, senior option in the squad. Toulouse fullback Jeremy Mathieu has long been linked with a transfer to Rome.

Alessio Alexis

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
What do you think about it resse?

I would not like to see him go, he's not called the bulldozer for nothing and his contribution to the team has been extraordinary-yes its true he's had a few hiccups in terms of injury and subs but when he comes out on the pitch his determination and drive is refreshing to watch. He's a playmaker to me.
I don't see Aquilani giving that to us even when he's on form.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would not like to see him go, he's not called the bulldozer for nothing and his contribution to the team has been extraordinary-yes its true he's had a few hiccups in terms of injury and subs but when he comes out on the pitch his determination and drive is refreshing to watch. He's a playmaker to me.
Sooner or later we need more than just sheer determination.

Aquilani's technical ability can move our midfield to the next level.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
I personally would love to sign aquilani, especially if we sign amauri, Aquilani is a good player and his age makes him even more enticing, and people keep hating on him for being injury prone, even though he played more than Camo this season. All in all he would be a great signing imo.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I agree with the last part. Aquilani is a Romanista. I don't think he will play with the same commitment that :vinny: does for us. :smoke:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Iaquinta Wants Juve & Euro 2008

According to Tuttosport, Vincenzo Iaquinta wants to stay at Juventus next season, while he is also looking to return to fitness and play at Euro 2008.

Iaquinta only joined Juve last summer from Udinese, however he has had a largely frustrating first season in Turin.

The 28-year-old has impressed when given the chance, but his opportunities have been limited due to the superb form of Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet.

Iaquinta has made just nine Serie A starts, scoring eight goals, but his lack of action has led to strong reports that he will leave in the summer.

Both Roma and especially Napoli have been linked with making a move, with the latter openly declaring their interest last week.

However Tuttosport says that Iaquinta wants to stay at Juventus next season and fight for his place in the team, despite the fact that competition will be even tougher with the probable arrival of Amauri, and the return of wonderkid Sebastian Giovinco.

Meanwhile Iaquinta is also working ferociously on his fitness in an attempt to prove to Italy coach Roberto Donadoni that he deserves to go to Euro 2008.

The forward has missed his club’s last two matches through injury, but next week he will return to training, and should be fit enough to play a part in the final game of the season at Sampdoria on May 18.

The competition for forward places in the Azzurri squad is the meanest it has been for years, with over 10 players all genuinely in with a chance of being selected.

goal.com

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I don't want to see IQ leave. It would be disgraceful from our part. However, Aquilani could really offer something superb to this team. If we had the chance to sign him, I wouldn't think twice about it.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Why would it be a disgrace? Two more capable strikers played ahead of him and scored the most goals, both with a chance of a capocanoniere crown. It's not like he was benched because of under-form strikers.

I was against Iaquinta from the start, I just didn't rate him high enough, but he has won me over with his heart and determination. I wouldn't want to see him leave next season, but I certainly wouldn't call it a disgrace if he did.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
It would be a disgrace because after all the times he saved our asses this season, proved all of us wrong, and won our hearts against all odds, we end up selling him because ale and Trez were in the form of their lives. It is disgraceful because he doesn't deserve to leave after what he has done for us. What more could you ask from him, he rose up to nearly every occassion and did everything that was asked from him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)