Vincenzo Iaquinta (6 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
According to Corriere dello Sport , Roma wants to make a partnership for next season

Di Natale - Iaquinta

Media linking us with Mancini and Aquilani.
The media has us linked to everyone, espicially during this time of the period.. However, I'm sure Secco won' sell or trade Iaquinta

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I think he will.

Spalletti always wanted Iaquinta.
And many managers want many different players.. Just cos Spalletti is fond of him doesnt mean he will leave us after only one moderately successful year with us & if Spalletti really really wanted him he would of gone after him at the end of last season when Iaq was available.. Wat makes u think he will go after him now considering his price has even further gone up after he success with us this year?

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
24/04/2008 11:25
Marino To Make Big Iaquinta Bid
According to reports in Italy, Napoli sporting director Pierpaolo Marino is ready to make a significant transfer bid to sign Juventus star Vincenzo Iaquinta.Iaquinta signed for the Old Lady from Udinese last summer but he has struggled for first team action due to the stunning form of David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero.

The 28-year-old has started just nine Serie A games all season, but has still managed an excellent return of eight goals.

Iaquinta has grown increasingly frustrated with his super-sub role, and with there likely to be extra competition next term from Amauri and Sebastiano Giovinco, he is ready to leave the club.

Roma had appeared to be the favourites to snap him up, however over the past few days the Italian press says that one of Italian football’s resurrected forces, Napoli, could be his next destination.

The Partenopei, through highly regarded transfer chief Pierpaolo Marino, are looking to sign some big name players this summer.

Marino is ready to make a significant transfer bid to entice Iaquinta to Campania, in order to form a tasty looking partnership with explosive Argentine talent Ezequiel Lavezzi.

Napoli and Juventus already have good relations, following the business they conducted last summer with Marcelo Zalayeta and Manuele Blasi.

Gianni Wilson

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
if Spalletti really really wanted him he would of gone after him at the end of last season when Iaq was available..
Because they signed Vucinic.

Wat makes u think he will go after him now considering his price has even further gone up after he success with us this year?
Because we want Mancini?First,his price didn`t change dramasticly and second,we`d trade him for Mancini so even if it did raise a lot we`ll have to add money money to lure Mancini here.Because Iaquinta himself knows that he`d get much more playing time in Roma then here?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I wouldnt want to lose him either, and I dont want to exchange him for Mancini even if he is good.

But I would defenitely for Aquilani, without thinking for a second.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Because they signed Vucinic.

Because we want Mancini?First,his price didn`t change dramasticly and second,we`d trade him for Mancini so even if it did raise a lot we`ll have to add money money to lure Mancini here.Because Iaquinta himself knows that he`d get much more playing time in Roma then here?
Yep, u raise all valid points but i was talking about cash only but obviously as u pointed out Roma like most teams would look to throw a player in to bring it down..

I would rather keep Iaquinta than trade him with Mancini although Mancini could probably add more value to the team, solely because he adds something different in a position we lack depth in

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Iaquinta is a rare player.He has a lot of stamina but he`s very fighting a lot and plays with heart.Runs a lot and tries even more but in this case it can be noticed unlike Molinaro or Nocerino in the most of the cases.I`d say he`s a player that could be of an assistance in any club.Then yet again,he probably saw he won`t play a lot here next year so he`s probably thinking of leaving us even he didn`t said it yet.With Amauri here he`ll get even less chances to play.I`d like to keep him but I think he is going to leave us sadly and I think it will be Roma.

Trading him for Mancini/Aquilani?

I honestly don`t know how to describe Mancini.

I can`t say he`s bad but I can`t say he`s great either.

He is inconsistent and sometimes he looks like he doesn`t give a sh#t about the match they play.Sometimes he doesn`t want to do something simple and then he lose ball.Then yet again,he almost always scores a lot of goals and has good dribbling/passing.Another good thing is that he can play at both sides.He can play on the left when Nedved gets injured and he can play instead of Camo on the right too(I mean when he`s injured/suspended or moved to center).

Aquilani is surely a great player in my books.He works a lot and has very good passes.I think he has potential to be one of the best players in the world in that positions.There is one bad thing about him though.Sadly,he is very injury prone player and even in not hard tackles can get surpisingly tough injury.He missed a lot of matches this year.First half of the season and now against Manchester with that tackle with Rio he won`t be able to play any match until the rest of the season.Still,it would be hard to reject some swap for him.Even though media is talking about him leaving Rome I don`t think it will happen.He`s Romanista just like De Rossi is.The only problem is that Sensi can not offer him much higher wages with salary cap.If Soros comes(and most likely he will) I see him renewing his contract.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
i say we KEEP Iaquinta, he is our calabrese warrior! he is passionate about Juventus.
In regards to Mancini, i think he is a quality player who needs a new environment, if Ranieri wants him, then try to buy him. We are Juventus, we dont need to trade a player like Iaquinta to get someone else!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)