Vincenzo Iaquinta (31 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'll hate watching IQ leaving us .. but he deserves to be a first team player and with trezeguet and DP in form he has no chance ..

a good deal for us would be using him to bring either aquilani (roma) or hamsik (napoli) ..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Napoli chief admits they'll bid for Juventus striker Iaquinta
tribalfooball.com - April 28, 2008

Napoli sports chief Pierpaolo Marino has declared they will bid for Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta.
"I welcome the declared readiness of Iaquinta to join Napoli," said Marino. "He will form an excellent partnership with Ezequiel Lavezzi.

"We have already said 'no' to Alberto Gilardino (AC Milan) and Christian Vieri (Fiorentina)."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's tribal, but certain websites people have quoted from lately have been about as bullshit

May 12, 2007
Marino has been key for them... Juve should sign him.
I really hope Iaquinta stays... he's a player that brings intensity and versatility to this squad. He's also been clutch this year. I personally think he's a better player than Amauri.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i don't think hes unhappy as much as its stated in the media, most of his limited appearances were due to the lack of matches overall that we had, and next year he will have more. Unless these reports are true then we should do out utmost to keep him.

He brings in something different to our team, we will need his abilities next season.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
With the Champion's League next season we'll need Vinny! We'll need more good players to rotate with as we'll be playing more games and there'll be more injuries, suspensions etc. to cover.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
I really don't want him to leave us, it'd be a sad day if he goes.

----

28/04/2008 13:19
Napoli Confident Of Signing Iaquinta
Napoli sporting director Pierpaolo Marino has confirmed reports that he wants to sign Vincenzo Iaquinta, and is confident of getting the Juventus benchwarmer.Iaquinta signed for Juve from Udinese last summer but he has had a frustrating season, playing second fiddle to the prolific David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero.

The World cup winner has started just nine Serie A games all season, but has still managed to hit the back of the net eight times, most of these coming during substitute appearances.

Iaquinta has grown increasingly frustrated with his bit-part role, and with there likely to be extra competition next term from Amauri and Sebastian Giovinco, he is ready to leave the club.

The Italian press reported last week that Napoli sporting director Pierpaolo Marino wanted to sign Iaquinta, and the transfer guru has now confirmed these stories.

"I welcome the declared readiness of Iaquinta to join Napoli," said Marino.

"He will form an excellent partnership with Ezequiel Lavezzi.

"We have already said 'no' to Alberto Gilardino and Christian Vieri."

Napoli are building an impressive side at the Stadio San Paolo, and are expected to pull off a number of big signing this summer.

Anthony Sormani

Sep 26, 2007
Well if Vincenzo leaves us I won't be super surprised. We barely use him. We might have the CL, but with all the signings we are rumored to be getting over the summer. I jsut don't see him getting as much playing time as he wants.

With that said, I hope he doesn't leave becuase I love Vincenzo. He is one of my fave Juve players.

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
Well, I think it is rumor, Juve will never sell him. Right now, I have strong phobia about that. I have no explanation but I believe it. In the front, Vinny will be such a great sub for Trezegoal, no doubt about that and Ranieri knows it.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
With Amauri's impending arrival i think there is some substance to the Iaquinta rumours and espicially now what Marino has said.. I still think it will be up 2 Iaquinta himself if he decides to leaves or not and judging by how frustrated he has been playing 3rd choice striker i doubt he will be happy now as 4th choice so Iaq may have played his last game for us already? Hopefully not tho:xfinger:

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
29/04/2008 13:34
Juve Propose Iaquinta-Hamsik Swap
According to Tuttosport, Juventus are preparing an exchange offer for Napoli, including Vincenzo Iaquinta and Marek Hamsik.Hamsik joined Napoli last summer from Serie B side Brescia and has been an absolute revelation this campaign.

He has been an ever-present at the heart of the Partenopei midfield, and has a return of eight goals from 35 league games.

Juventus are well known to admire the Slovakian international, and indeed were interested in signing, prior to his move to the San Paolo.

In the past few days it has been revealed that Napoli want to sign Bianconeri benchwarmer Vincenzo Iaquinta, and this was confirmed by sporting director Pierpaolo Marino yesterday.

Juventus are now considering taking advantage of this situation by presenting an offer to Napoli, which will see Iaquinta and Hamsik swap shirts next season.

It seems highly unlikely that the southerners will allow their prized asset, rated as one of the best young midfielders in Europe, to leave the club.

However they may rethink this decision if the likes of Raffaele Palladino, Sebastian Giovinco, Claudio Marchisio, or Paolo De Ceglie were also included in the deal.

Gianni Wilson

-----
And at the same time Tribalfootball and Guardian-Series.co.uk are reporting that the Spurs have renewed their interest in Iaquinta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)