Vincenzo Iaquinta (109 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I dont think that both Iaq and Palla will leave us, Iaq will stay if he doesnt complain and he accepts his role as the 4th choice forward.
We might actually sell no one, despite what the goal.com article says...

IF we use the trident in our main formation, then we will have to sustain 5-6 forwards, to ensure a back up solution for every one at every moment, in any of the 3 competitions we are going to participate next year!

IF we chose to stick with our current 4-4-2, than we can let go Iaq or Palla,
despite Iaq is the better player, Palla is more likely to stay, because he is younger and he can accept the 4th striker role and because we can occasionally use him as a winger too.
The Amauri,Iaq,DP and Treze attack would be an overkill in Italy!!
And i think we can afford their salaries right now!

If we are forced to sell someone, that would be Iaq, he still costs a great deal of money and Roma seems willing to sacrifice Mancini to get him.
We would find Mancini more useful than Iaq,
because the returning Giovinco is not a winger, he can play as a SS though. And if Neddy gets injured or suspended, or simply exhausted considering his age, we dont have a first class LM to replace him...

Buy on AliExpress.com

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
Fact: goal.com is shit paper, they favor Manu, Real and confuse other fans such as Juve fans. Why:

First, they try to criticize Ranieri, question Alex and Trezegoal's credential and gossips over our transfer campaign. Now, yes, Iaquinta again.

I just don't believe them. We believe next year, Iaquinta will certainly stay at Juve and shine in Champions League.

Forza Iaquinta :heart: :flag3:

Juventino007

Jun 11, 2007
even though goal.com is shit paper but as someone mention just because we set price for both, i'm probably wrong but maybe it's because we dont care who goes but one will go, and whoever gets snapped up first will leave.
but once again im probs wrong

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Roma Begin Talks For Iaquinta

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Roma have begun negotiations with Juventus with a view to signing striker Vincenzo Iaquinta.

The 28-year-old only signed for Juve from Udinese last summer, and despite a good season, he was left increasingly frustrated at having largely been a substitute for the prolific David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero.

Iaquinta made just nine starts in Serie A all campaign, and the arrival of Amauri from Palermo, and the return of pocket dynamo Sebastian Giovinco from Empoli, has led him to decide that he must leave Turin.

Roma coach Luciano Spalletti is a huge admirer of Iaquinta, having successfully coached him at Udinese in the past, and believes he can be the man to give the Giallorossi more presence up-front.

The Corriere dello Sport says that Roma have opened talks with Juve for Iaquinta, but they have made it very clear that Alberto Aquilani will not be included in any deal.

A possible pawn in the move could be Amantino Mancini, who is certain to leave the Eternal City this summer as his contract has just one year left to run, and he is refusing to pen a fresh deal.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We need a player like Mancini more if we swap him. Very unfortunate to lose a warrior like him, but he is surplus for sure.

Sad to think we prolly seen him for the last time playing for Juve 2 months ago.

Juventino007

Jun 11, 2007
I disagree with champions lge back i dont think he is surplus we got to fight on all fronts.
Last time we were a champions lge side we had 5 strikers,
although i know none would ne as accepting to be benched as much as zalayeta did, but even if you would call zalayeta surplus he still did come and score some important goals for us in the cl.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
We need a player like Mancini more if we swap him. Very unfortunate to lose a warrior like him, but he is surplus for sure.

Sad to think we prolly seen him for the last time playing for Juve 2 months ago.
Mancini would be more likely, but i'd really prefer Aquilani. And as sad as it is to say, I agree that Iaquinta is somewhat surplus.

Juventino007

Jun 11, 2007
Giovinco and Camo with Nedved sometimes is good enough creativity for the wings,
but mancini would be good to, but i dont want see iaq leave, we should just buy mancini wouldnt cost too much i wouldnt think

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
But Nedved, Giovinco and Camo are there too and Mancini is a sulk; meaning he'd want to start. It could work though, if Mancini, Camo and Nedved fight for the spots on the wing, while Giovinco would be DP's deputy instead of Nedved's.

Aquilani would be able to improve our team more though and make more of a difference. An Aquilani Alonso Sissoko midfield looks extremely promising.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
it is somewhat sad that Vincenzo had been reduced to a 4th choice striker as he has done very well this season and the manner he conducted himself in the team was very good. I don't think he will accept the role that Palla is currently occupying as he has Azzurri ambitions.

I think if he will be sold it won't be to bring mancini in here ( or maybe thats what i hope). I think with neddy's new contract its done for the left side of midfield with him and Gio. Its going to be either cash or Aquilani for Iaquinta.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
But Nedved, Giovinco and Camo are there too and Mancini is a sulk; meaning he'd want to start. It could work though, if Mancini, Camo and Nedved fight for the spots on the wing, while Giovinco would be DP's deputy instead of Nedved's.

Aquilani would be able to improve our team more though and make more of a difference. An Aquilani Alonso Sissoko midfield looks extremely promising.
I don't think our management could pull off a double Alonso/Aquilani swoop Dom.

Its not that I think they're incompetent, its just that it would be a big ask from any management to pull off such a deal.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Palladino for sure, but that doesn't mean Iaquinta couldn't leave as well.

@ Sateeh, it's sad yes, but probably for the best.

@ Daddy, I know it's unlikely, but we should play hard to get with Iaquinta. We should be able to get more than what we paid for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)