Vincenzo Iaquinta (71 Viewers)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I would prefer he go for 12-13 mill Euros
and we can use the money to buy Zapata and Motta in this winter break

We can play Giovinco as 4th striker and we still have the profilic Immobile in youth team

I don't understand why our management is so stupid when it comes to sold our players who don't we needed very much
like it happen last winter when their comes an offer for Almiron (Olympiakos) and for Tiago (Tottenham and Atletico)
IQ is good but for now we already have Amauri and Trez as big striker

Secco is so stupid when buy players and sell players

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
When I look at Iaquinta's goal celebration, I can see how much passion he has for Juventus. I think he has taken off his shirt for quite a few times when he scored for us. Sometimes I don't understand why do players get booked for taking off their shirts when they celebrate a goal because it does not obstruct play, but it should be ok as long as they don't wear another shirt underneath their jersey which bears content that are provocative/racist.

Iaquinta is unlucky to be sent off and has unintentionally put Juventus into trouble for 78 minutes. I feel that he should just stop taking off his shirt for no reason upon celebrating a goal since he knows he will be booked and now it is relatively easier for players to be carded for whatever reason

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
The rule is there and the ref follows it but Iaquinta didn't ... some form of stupidity there but he was so emotionally charged after the goal as he was injured here and there and is playing 2nd, 3rd and even 4th fiddle to Amauri, DP and the returning Trez.
So he might be forgiven for that rash action ...

The adrenalin continues with that tackle which, after a 2nd look seems quite a dangerous one which warrants a yellow. On the other hand, the ref should have noted that he had juz booked IQ earlier and the tackle had happened donkey miles away from the Juve goal with so many Juve players covering; plus the Catania player wasn't at all injured. So the 2nd yellow is definitely debatable ...

Nonetheless, the 3 points is in the bag and the team will continue to move on from there. IQ had probably learned a valuable but expensive lesson.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Fortunately he didn't cost the team points, or else his head will roll after the Catania game. With Trez back to the squad Iaquinta will only be restricted to Coppa games I'm afraid

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Iaquinta: I just blacked out

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta has revealed just what was going through his head when he got himself sent off against Catania on Sunday afternoon.

The 29-year-old put the Bianconeri ahead after 11 minutes, but barely 60 seconds later he was shown a second yellow card and received his marching orders.

“For a moment after the goal I didn't understand anything,” Iaquinta explained. “A lot of it was because I wanted to party under the curva with our fans.

“The Juve supporters were there to encourage me when people spoke of me going away, so I dedicated my goal to them.

Iaquinta was initially booked for taking off his shirt while celebrating. He then lunged into a tackle from behind and saw yellow again.

“That tackle was not worthy of a yellow,” Iaquinta insisted. “I did go in a little hard. I was furious like never before because I was forced to leave the field after little over 10 minutes.

“What a pain. I first thought about not watching the game. Then I popped myself in front of the TV and watched my goal… it made the red card a little less bitter.

Juventus won 2-1 despite the numerical disadvantage and are now back in second place, just seven points behind League leaders Inter.

Iaquinta will be back in action in midweek when Italy take on Brazil at the Emirates in London and the former Udinese forward can't wait.

“I now think to Italy. A game against Brazil is really captivating. [Marcello] Lippi is a coach who gives me confidence and considers me even when I don't play regularly.”

Iaquinta has made just five starts for Juventus this season and had been linked with a move to Zenit St. Petersburg in the January transfer window.

Source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb9d.html

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
OMG :eek: Iaquinta got sent off in the 12th minute??? Is that a world record or something??

Never mind, congrats on the goal, it makes the win even sweater cause Juve got it with 10 players.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
just saw the highlights now as I missed the game, his action after the goal was retarded, but the second yellow by the referee was retarded also, he didn't deserve it..

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
the ref should of used some common sense, he just booked him for taking of his shirt, then he goes in for his first tackle of the game, which was front on and a soft card to give by the ref since what had happened just 2 mins before

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Iaquinta stakes first team claim
Thursday 12 February, 2009

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta believes he is not inferior to any one of the Bianconeri's other high profile attackers.

The 29-year-old has found it difficult to break into the first team this season, making just five starting appearances.

Iaquinta did play from the opening minute against Catania at the weekend and scored his fourth goal of the season. He was then sent off.

“I don't feel inferior to any one of my teammates,” Iaquinta said in an interview with Tuttosport, before reiterating his willingness to stay at the club and sit on the bench.

A great team has to have four quality attackers and someone has to be out every now and again. That someone is me.

“But the day that I signed for Juventus, I knew what I was up against,” Iaquinta admitted. “Otherwise I would have chosen a club with different ambitions and played all the time.”

The former Udinese forward was called up to the Italy squad for Tuesday's game with Brazil but failed to get off the bench.

“It's a different story, so let's not exaggerate its significance,” Iaquinta grimaced. “The only thing that interests me is to be part of the Azzurri. The rest you have to earn.”

Iaquinta is suspended for Juventus' game with Sampdoria this weekend, but will be available from thereafter.

source: Channel4.com

Iaquinta's passion for Juventus should never be questioned. But I think he deserved to play more games, probably in the Coppa Italia?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Iaquinta should keep his mouth shut. He should be ashamed of himself right now. The LAST thing he should be doing is demanding a first team spot.

You got sent off after 12 minutes for being an utter moron, Vincenzo.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
u're taking it wrong seven...he didn't bitched at all...he only said that he doesn't feel inferiour to anyone (but deep in his head knows he cannot match dp).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)