Vincenzo Iaquinta (38 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
anybody else feel like we should give this guy a starting XI place for a few games? Everytime he gets on the pitch, he gets chances and the majority of the time puts them away. It'd be nice to see a game/goal comparison for him (or even a minutes played/goal comparison)

I understand he fighting Amauri & Del Piero for a place, but maybe against the 'lesser' teams or coppa italia he should be guaranteed a place and we can rest Ale/Amauri for the CL ties

then again...that means another person ahead of seba :( lol
The thing is, Iaquinta tends to dissapoint everytime he's given a starting position yet he manages to play extremely well of the bench.. Sure i'd like to see him play a bit more but I with Del Piero & Amauri in such a rich vein of form we can't complain at the moment

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
and even with the zero time he has played, he has looked pretty good...his finishing has been top-class this season, especially the 2 goals vs. Bate
I think I have seen him miss a sitter...i think it was against the rossoneri. But yeah I was saying this earlier, he is a chance-creator and most times chance-finisher

Gazzo, you're right. Its not that hes not playing well, its just Amauri & Ale are playing amazingly well.

Its sweet to have all these topclass forwards but the gift has a curse of keeping them all happy

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Iaquinta is not good enough to replace Del Piero or Amauri. Quite simple. Even Giovinco would be more useful on the pitch. Trez is the best finisher in our squad so that leaves Iaquinta with crunches. And he shouldn't expect to get more.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
The thing is, Iaquinta tends to dissapoint everytime he's given a starting position yet he manages to play extremely well of the bench.. Sure i'd like to see him play a bit more but I with Del Piero & Amauri in such a rich vein of form we can't complain at the moment
:tup: tru dat!!!

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
True, his also a very composed and professional player. You never hear him whine about his lack of playing time. We shouldn't let him go, he's a keeper.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That would be harsh on IQ.
Eh well...I like him and I think he's a real beast but we aren't giving him playing time and mostly likely we won't in the near future because Amauri is shining and Trezeguet is coming back.So we are just wasting him.It will be sad if we sell him but I can't really blame him if he wants to leave.

He's good so don't worry about him.Even if he signs for Zenit he'll shine and move somewhere else soon.

But I always thought he'd end up in EPL.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We should defenitely sell to Zenit if we get 13m-14m offer or such. We will defenitely sell him in the summer, thats obvious, he is nice guy, but doesnt want to piss away at 4th-5th choice role. And we wont get as good offer as that probably in the summer (if the offer is true, Zenit can overpay if they want).

Ideal replacement would be too sign G.Rossi in the summer. He scored tonight again, he keeps scoring and assisting, their best player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)