Vincenzo Iaquinta (42 Viewers)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Iaquinta denies wanderlust :tup:

Juventus hitman Vincenzo Iaquinta insists he is settled in Turin, despite playing very little first-team football.

The towering marksman, who signed from Udinese in 2007, has started just four games this season.

With Amauri and Alessandro Del Piero forming a formidable partnership, there have even been suggestions that Iaquinta could quit the Bianconeri.

“At Juve, there are no guarantees,” Iaquinta told Tuttosport.

“Of course I would like to be a regular starter, but my teammates are champions.

“My good friend Amauri has come in and stolen my place,” he joked. “But seriously he has settled here in spite of the weight of the shirt.

“However, everyone can be useful. I knew this was how things worked here before I arrived and so I haven't uttered one word of controversy.”

Iaquinta's chances of holding down a starting shirt will be further reduced when French ace David Trezeguet returns from injury in the New Year.

“David is an extra weapon for us, but that doesn't mean that my position changes,” the Calabria native insisted.

“It is flattering that I am appreciated and there are rumours of a transfer, but I respect Claudio Ranieri.

“I get angry when I'm left out, but that is normal and I am convinced of my abilities.”

Source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec3b.html

CHEERS :champ:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i wish he put that one away at the end of the game the other day. that would've put me even more over the moon and he needs a goal to get the groove back

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I kind of feel sorry for the guy (except that I dont feel sorry for football players), his ability warrants more than the position of fourth choise. I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
anybody else feel like we should give this guy a starting XI place for a few games? Everytime he gets on the pitch, he gets chances and the majority of the time puts them away. It'd be nice to see a game/goal comparison for him (or even a minutes played/goal comparison)

I understand he fighting Amauri & Del Piero for a place, but maybe against the 'lesser' teams or coppa italia he should be guaranteed a place and we can rest Ale/Amauri for the CL ties

then again...that means another person ahead of seba :( lol

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
u gotta wait until summer...then we shall make up our mind with the strikers. The thing is that ale,amauri and giovinco will not leave for sure...so the 4th position will be between trez and iq. May the best win...(holding all 5 will be a nonsense)

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Thing is...the Trez job of scoring 15-20 a season and scoring scrappy/late type goals is being filled well by Amauri. But this is just one season, can we rely on Amauri to do the same nx season like we have been relying on Trezegol?

So no getting rid of Trez

Gio is the heir to Ale, no way in hell we'll be selling Seba

So no getting rid of Trez

Del & Amauri wont be going...or we'd like to think so

that leaves Vinnie...hes the super-sub, can score on cue (see last night & BATE for example).

Would we get rid of Iaquinta even with a youth player like Gio and an older/slower Trez?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
anybody else feel like we should give this guy a starting XI place for a few games? Everytime he gets on the pitch, he gets chances and the majority of the time puts them away. It'd be nice to see a game/goal comparison for him (or even a minutes played/goal comparison)

I understand he fighting Amauri & Del Piero for a place, but maybe against the 'lesser' teams or coppa italia he should be guaranteed a place and we can rest Ale/Amauri for the CL ties

then again...that means another person ahead of seba :( lol
Iaquinta is a wonderful player, he certainly deserves more chances, and ffs stop comparing players with the number of goals scored, Iaquinta does much more than that!

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
ffs stop comparing players with the number of goals scored, Iaquinta does much more than that!
I brought it up because I thought it may be pretty exceptional. I know he does more, I'm a fan of his hence why I brought it up.

You will have to live with people bringing up goals, its what strikers are expected to do my friend!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I would call him a forward than striker. Even at little time he gets he scores too. Iaquinta is a special player, he is not a selfish fag that thinks of scoring only (to make his career look fat), he goes back to the middle, defends, he does everything! scoring too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)